Quilting week report

Old January 23rd 05, 09:47 PM
Julia in MN

Default Quilting week report

Yesterday I finished the machine quilting on a king/queen size log cabin
quilt, and today I put the binding on. I made the top a few years ago,
and it has been sitting here waiting to be quilted. I did a stitch in
the ditch between the blocks using my walking foot. Then I did free
motion SITD between the logs of the blocks; I had done this once before
several years ago, but it seemed like the free motion SITD was more
difficult than I remembered. After I had done a few blocks, I was
wishing that I had used a different quilting pattern, but I didn't want
to rip out what I had already done, so I kept going. I'm glad to have it
done. It's the second UFO that I've finished so far this year. Two more
big ones and several small ones to go.

Last Sunday, I finished hand quilting a queen size jewel box quilt. I
had started the top during one of MeSue's challenges. Last January, a
friend helped me pin baste it. I checked last year's calendar -- it took
me exactly a year to get it quilted. I got that bound earlier this week.

No pictures yet. I'll post them when I get them.

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/