Quilting week day 1

Old January 22nd 05, 04:02 PM
Betty in Wi

I cleaned my sewing room, watched some taped quilting videos, looked at a
quilting catalog, and did some embroidery on a tablecloth.

Betty in WI

"Patti" wrote in message
I drew out some border quilting patterns, properly, onto graph paper, that
I had 'on the back of an envelope'!
.
In article , maryd
writes
I did some sorting, folding, and fondling of stash this afternoon then
this
evening finished quilting DD2's Christmas quilt. Now in the process of
trimming then will cut fabric for binding. That will go on tomorrow.

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill

Old January 22nd 05, 04:06 PM
Betty in Wi

My youngest son was flipping out of the crib and crawling backwards down the
stairs at that age!! We couldn't figure out how he did it....so one day I
stayed up there and watched. He was sleeping in one of those nylon net
cribs. He would stand up, hold the edge, and shake it until it "walked" over
to our bed. Then he'd bale out onto our bed, crawl down, and down the steps
he came. Of course, at that age, they wouldn't want to put him in a big bed
anyway.........there'd be no controlling him.

Betty in WI

"Debbi" wrote in message
I cut about 10 hexagons for 2 sports Eye Spy's I am making for my nephews.
As long as the baby stays a bit delayed, then I don't have to rush. Told
SIL
I would make quilts for the boys when the little one gets out of his crib
since they share a room. Since the little one is now 17 months and not yet
walking, don't think I have to worry about him climbing out of the crib
yet.

Tomorrow I have to start to scrub house since I am having a group here for
meeting on Monday night. Getting a new washer delivered too, so I can get
some laundry done. Hopefully will have time to quilt a bit on a twin size
Irish Chain and work on my wholecloth. My God-daughter is going to stay
with
me for the night so her parents can celebrate their anniversary.

Debbi in SO CA

Old January 22nd 05, 06:49 PM
Jalynne

I cleaned my room too, and ironed some fabric I bought recently (it's to finish a
quilt i was working on and didn't have the right colors in my stash, so it doesn't
count against my year long fabric diet!), folded it and put it with the other pieces
of the quilt top, and I organized the three tops I'm working on plus some swap
blocks, and put them away until tomorrow. Tonight I'm scrapbooking with a friend,
and i might do something quilty there, who knows.
--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list

Old January 22nd 05, 07:40 PM
Sarah Dixon

DS learnt how to climb out at 20months which was a real pain. We put
him in a mattress on the floor and put a stair gate across his bedroom
door so he can't escape! Over Christmas we were away and we kept on
waking up to find him fast asleep leaning on our bed - I don't know how
he didn't fall over!

Sarah
Old January 22nd 05, 09:02 PM
handmaiden

maryd wrote:
I did some sorting, folding, and fondling of stash this afternoon then this
evening finished quilting DD2's Christmas quilt. Now in the process of
trimming then will cut fabric for binding. That will go on tomorrow.

Alas, no quilting for me yesterday and probably none today. School, work
and DS problems ate my time yesterday. Today I have MORE school and
friends coming over in about 2 hours give or take. Grrr.
Tomorrow though I have big plans to cut out 3 projects - possibly more
if my quilting companion comes over to help. One of the projects being
cut is for her 8 yo daughter. We took her with us to the LQS a couple of
weeks ago and when she saw me looking for fabric, she wanted to join in
the hunt. In the process, she picked out a fabric that went with what I
was looking for. She looked up at me and ever so sweetly said... "Maybe
you can buy 2 yards of this and cut it in half... then I can have some
too." Well, we promptly went back to the search to find fabrics SHE
liked to go with the one she found. Now the little terror has her own
quilting box at my house. I'm not letting her touch the rotary cutter,
so we're going to cut the fabric, but she's going to learn to hand
stitch then machine stitch. Her mom and/or I will probably do the
quilting on this one. Going to make a crib-sized simple blocks quilt she
can play with her dolls with or snuggle on the couch with. Of course,
whatever's left over I get to add to my stash! G
Whee!
~handmaiden
Old January 22nd 05, 09:16 PM
maryd

Today I've been putting the binding on DD's quilt. It should go into the
washer in about an hour. Then I'll work on my sewing room a bit more before
moving on to another quilting project. Last time my granddaughter was here
she said she wanted to start on another quilt. I need to finish the first
one she helped with.

--
Mary

Old January 22nd 05, 09:40 PM
Paul & Suzie Beckwith

Jalynne wrote:

I cleaned my room too, and ironed some fabric I bought recently (it's to finish a
quilt i was working on and didn't have the right colors in my stash, so it doesn't
count against my year long fabric diet!), folded it and put it with the other pieces
of the quilt top, and I organized the three tops I'm working on plus some swap
blocks, and put them away until tomorrow. Tonight I'm scrapbooking with a friend,
and i might do something quilty there, who knows.

I've missed something here obviously - Jalynne is going on a year long
fabric diet?

Suzie B
(might have to join in here!)
--
"From the internet connection under the pier"
Southend, UK

Old January 22nd 05, 10:55 PM
nana2b

No quilting or sewing today, but I intend to get in the Sewing Room and not
budge from there tomorrow. UGRR BOM, Hot Flashes BOM and of course, some
straightening up. This week I also plan to get a quilt on the HQ16 and
finish something.

Big Plans! Linda in Tx

Old January 23rd 05, 12:19 PM
Pat in Virginia

Way cool. For those who have wondered, planning,
designing and other quilt related activities are
encouraged.
My Day 1 activities included attending a Lecture
and Dessert Evening at my LQS. I went with my
friend Lois and we got there over an hour early!
So we talked about quilting until the shop opened.
Then we browsed the shop and nibbled the home made
goodies. I bought only one thing: "Machine
Quilting" Book by Sue Nickels. It is a great book
and Sue was the Guest Lecturer. She graciously
autographed my copy and we had a pleasant
conversation.
The lecture was great. Sue talked about the
history of MQ. She brought some quilts and slides
to illustrate her remarks. Some were vintage, some
were here own creations, some were made with her
sister Pat Holly. She had a few examples of free
Motion MQ dating to the 19th Century. I would like
to take a class with Sue Nickels. She is
personable and talented.
All for now, PAT

Old January 23rd 05, 01:59 PM
Joan8904

I'm almost finished with a rag vest made from black and red batiks. Not sure
if I'm going to like it when it's done. (Isn't that one of the big differences
between ready-made and 'home made' clothing? :)

As a result, there are little pieces of fabric scattered thruout the house. No
need to clean up until I'm finished.

I did get my Valentine purse finished last week. I've just realized that by
using some of the same fabrics, I've created a matching vest and purse
combination. Talk about matching! : again.

Reminds me of a lady I knew years ago in rural southern Indiana. She crocheted
items with strips of bread wrappers. She was so proud that she'd made a
matching hat and kitchen throw rug. I always wondered why. Now I've done it
myself!

joan
joan o'reilly
Watch your thoughts, they become words. Watch your words they become
actions. Watch your actions, they become habits. Watch your habits,
they become character. Watch your character it becomes your destiny.