It's done!! Star scrappy quilt

Old May 14th 04, 02:53 PM
Ann

Default It's done!! Star scrappy quilt

Well it's done!!!! My scrappy star quilt. Finished it last night. Took it
out of the dryer ohhhhhh about 6 hours ago. I'm very pleased with it. I
still need to work on my binding corners.though. If I wouldn't take the
short cut and do the binding entirely on machine instead of hand sewing I'm
sure I would get them right but time was way to short.

DH thinks a quilt in all of the blue stars would be very nice. I told him
he hasn't seen anything I"ve done that wouldn't look good in a quilt. G
Gotta love a good critic!!!

Take a look if you have time.

Ann
http://community.webshots.com/user/mrs_ducky

Old May 14th 04, 04:40 PM
A&T

It's gorgeous! she will love it.

Tricia
http://photos.yahoo.com/momiixii

Old May 14th 04, 05:16 PM
Joanna

It's beautiful! It has given me some ideas.
Thanx
Joanna

--
Remove Quilt to reply

Old May 14th 04, 07:30 PM
Ann

Thanks Julie
I think they are 2" finished. I was going to use that same sashing for the
binding but I held up the burgandy and it just made the pink squares jump
out and gave it that bit more brightness so I feel I made the right
decision.

Ann
http://community.webshots.com/user/mrs_ducky

wrote in message
.net...
Its just beautiful! What is the size of the sashing between the blocks?

Great job!
Julie
Richmond, VA

said...

Old May 14th 04, 07:30 PM
Ann

Thanks Tricia. It was delivered this morning and she did love it. My
backing was navy blue with wolves and trees and she loves wolves so she
liked my choice of backing too!! I got lucky on that point G

Ann
http://community.webshots.com/user/mrs_ducky

k.net...

Old May 14th 04, 07:32 PM
Ann

Thanks
What kind of ideas have you gotten Joanna? Care to share your thoughts for
your next project? G

Where are you from by the way?

Ann ...........from Alberta

Old May 14th 04, 07:59 PM
Sandy Foster

In article hb4pc.7052$j6.5990@edtnps84,
"Ann" wrote:

Well it's done!!!! My scrappy star quilt. Finished it last night. Took it
out of the dryer ohhhhhh about 6 hours ago. I'm very pleased with it. I
still need to work on my binding corners.though. If I wouldn't take the
short cut and do the binding entirely on machine instead of hand sewing I'm
sure I would get them right but time was way to short.

DH thinks a quilt in all of the blue stars would be very nice. I told him
he hasn't seen anything I"ve done that wouldn't look good in a quilt. G
Gotta love a good critic!!!

Take a look if you have time.

Ann
http://community.webshots.com/user/mrs_ducky

Lovely, Ann! Of course, I thought it was lovely every time you showed
the progress on it -- it's a great pattern, and you used wonderful
colors. I can just barely see part of the quilting, and that looks good,
too! All in all, a great success!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1
Old May 14th 04, 09:26 PM
Johanna Gibson

On Fri, 14 May 2004 13:53:17 GMT, "Ann"
wrote:

Well it's done!!!! My scrappy star quilt. Finished it last night. Took it
out of the dryer ohhhhhh about 6 hours ago. I'm very pleased with it. I
still need to work on my binding corners.though. If I wouldn't take the
short cut and do the binding entirely on machine instead of hand sewing I'm
sure I would get them right but time was way to short.

DH thinks a quilt in all of the blue stars would be very nice. I told him
he hasn't seen anything I"ve done that wouldn't look good in a quilt. G
Gotta love a good critic!!!

Take a look if you have time.

Ann
http://community.webshots.com/user/mrs_ducky

Very nice! Hey, I graduate soon, care to make me one?

-- Jo in Scotland
Old May 14th 04, 10:00 PM
Julia Altshuler

Nicely done stars, but I'm most intrigued by the optical illusions
created in "Weaver Fever" and "Hollow Cubes." How cool!

--Lia

Ann
http://community.webshots.com/user/mrs_ducky

Returned Quilt -- What to do with it?? Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply Quilting 20 March 8th 04 06:55 PM
Puzzle Quilt Feedback Mardi Quilting 7 March 2nd 04 12:35 PM
Happy Dance! Quilt is finished! Was: Quilting pins, designs, etc. Beth Pierce Quilting 4 February 27th 04 12:38 AM
wedding ring quilt with a star centre nzl* Quilting 7 December 15th 03 02:54 PM