early Christmast gift......:=))

Old December 15th 04, 05:51 AM
Els van Dam

Default early Christmast gift......:=))

I saw the "Twisted sisters sock workbook at a friends house, and loved it
instandly. When I went to the library to put my name down for it, I was
told that there were about 14 people waiting in line for it. I found that
a great excuse to go and buy it. Lunne Vogel's book was worth putting the
money down for it. what a gem. it even has toe socks in there as well.
I will be dyeing and spinning and knitting socks in the new year.

The other book that I am borowing from a friend is The Knitting Sutra, by
Susan Gordon Lydon. I have only read about three pages, but it is very
intresting and I thought if anyone was looking for a good gift for a
knitter, this may be a great gift.

Els

--
hate spam not welcome
Old December 15th 04, 08:34 AM
cher

I have this book Els, I think, not sure, that I got it from Slinky, anyway
it is terrific, I love the spot dyeing instructions on it too. Now there
is another book to look out for, same sort of price and size..called...Folk
Bags....it's great..alot of them are knitted and felted.

Cheers...Cher

Old December 15th 04, 02:37 PM
Jenn Bernat

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004, Els van Dam wrote:

The other book that I am borowing from a friend is The Knitting Sutra, by
Susan Gordon Lydon.

I've had this book for several years; it's great. If anyone does decide to
give it as a gift, you may want to include a book weight. I've yet to be
able to read The Knitting Sutra without wanting to knit at the same time.

Jenn

--
Jenn Bernat

Old December 16th 04, 12:04 AM
Beinchat

I have that Twisted Sisters Sock book, and I just love it! I put something
else back so I could buy that one.....
Marie and the cats
Old December 16th 04, 01:06 AM
Els van Dam

In article , "cher"
wrote:

I have this book Els, I think, not sure, that I got it from Slinky, anyway
it is terrific, I love the spot dyeing instructions on it too. Now there
is another book to look out for, same sort of price and size..called...Folk
Bags....it's great..alot of them are knitted and felted.

Hello Cher, thanks for you great Christmas card with that wonderful funny
stamp on it.

We have the Folk Bags book in our Guild library.....located at my
house..LOL and it is a great book as well

Els

--
hate spam not welcome
Old December 16th 04, 04:47 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Ohh I LOVED The Knitting Sutra ,,,, a friend lent it to me , and than
my father [of all people ] bought it as present from me....
The Twisted sock.... i haven`t read ,,,,
but if you can find
Stockings & suspenders , a quick flash, By Rosemary Hawthorne,
Souvenir Press , 1993.
Socks & Stockings By Jeremy Farrell , B.t, Batsford , 1992 ,
Buy or lend it ... No patterns .. loads of Pure fun.
mirjam

Old December 16th 04, 10:04 AM
cher

Hi Els, glad the card arrived, I was wondering if any would get to their
destinations. Post here is very slow going at the moment.

that twisted sisters sock workbook though has tons of little tips in it
doesn't it???
cheers.....Cher

Old December 17th 04, 01:31 AM
Els van Dam

In article , "cher"
wrote:

Hi Els, glad the card arrived, I was wondering if any would get to their
destinations. Post here is very slow going at the moment.

that twisted sisters sock workbook though has tons of little tips in it
doesn't it???
cheers.....Cher

Yes it does Cher, and I have itchy fingers wanting to try, but it will be
after the Christmas holidays.

I did get your E-mail and the JPG, and will reply to it tonight after supper.

Els

--
hate spam not welcome