want your opionion -- not OT

Old January 23rd 05, 06:58 AM
Tamara

I agree with the others. Use both. Do the sides in one and the top in
the other.

Tamara

A&T wrote:

I am working on my first baby quilt that needs to be finished by Feb. 26.
(something I thought I would never make!!)

I have almost finished the top, but I can't decide whether to use the blue
or pink inner border. Just in case you are interested --- the keyboard
border will be finished out with 9 patch corners.

It can be seen at:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/momiix...9d.jpg&.src=ph

If that doesn't work, click on my sig line, go to WIP album, click on
Nicolespooh

I want the one that makes the quilt the most attractive. I really like the
pale blue, but I am leaning toward pink because the baby is a girl.

I have decided to quilt it with bees and honey pots and have already drawn a
pattern. But, I have to make a decision about the border or I'll never get
that far!!!

TIA,
Tricia
http://photos.yahoo.com/momiixii

Old January 23rd 05, 07:43 AM
Patti

Hullo Tricia
What an absolutely lovely little quilt - wish it was for me! (I love
Pooh, too g).
I do prefer the blue, though I couldn't tell why for a little while?
Then I realised that I think it is because there is quite a bit of blue
in the Pooh pictures and the blue seems to enhance that.
That doesn't mean to say that the pink looks bad or anything - it was a
close call, for me!
Enjoy the finishing.
..
In article . net, A&T
writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old January 23rd 05, 12:37 PM
Pat in Virginia

I thought I'd say blue as I generally prefer it to
pink. This time I am leaning toward the pink.
Instead of nine patch corners, I respectfully
suggest you consider doing the corners with either
more Pooh squares, or HST made of the left over
key board borders.
PAT in VA/USA

Old January 23rd 05, 03:47 PM
DDM

I agree with all of those that have said to use both colors the way you have
it laid out, but I wouldn't miter the corners where the pink and blue meet
since there are no mitered corners on the inside blocks. It is a very cute
quilt, Tricia, and that is a very lucky baby girl that is on the receiving
end.

Dee in LeRoy, NY

ink.net...

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/momiix...419d.jpg&.src=

Old January 23rd 05, 05:25 PM
Sandy Foster

In article . net,
"A&T" wrote:

I am working on my first baby quilt that needs to be finished by Feb. 26.
(something I thought I would never make!!)

I have almost finished the top, but I can't decide whether to use the blue
or pink inner border. Just in case you are interested --- the keyboard
border will be finished out with 9 patch corners.

It can be seen at:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/momiix...9d.jpg&.src=ph

Tricia, that quilt is adorable! I love the fabric!

I want the one that makes the quilt the most attractive. I really like the
pale blue, but I am leaning toward pink because the baby is a girl.

Personally, though I love blue, I like the pink border better. I think
it gives the quilt more "life".

I have decided to quilt it with bees and honey pots and have already drawn a
pattern. But, I have to make a decision about the border or I'll never get
that far!!!

I think your quilting design sounds perfect! Hurry and finish so we can
see it in its final form!

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old January 23rd 05, 09:10 PM
NightMist

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 23:43:36 GMT, "A&T" wrote:

I have almost finished the top, but I can't decide whether to use the blue
or pink inner border. Just in case you are interested --- the keyboard
border will be finished out with 9 patch corners.

It can be seen at:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/momiix...9d.jpg&.src=ph

I want the one that makes the quilt the most attractive. I really like the
pale blue, but I am leaning toward pink because the baby is a girl.

If it were me I would use narrower strips and do blue-pink-blue.
If it must be just one color, I would go with the blue. The pink
seems to overpower the pooh fabric a bit on its own.
You can get away with blue for a girl a lot more easily than pink for
a boy. Though I never could see why there should be a fuss about
either.

NightMist
--
"To repeat what others have said, requires education; to challenge
it, requires brains." -Mary Pettibone Poole