need pattern for knitted vest for one year old

Old January 22nd 05, 08:48 PM
DrQuilter

Default need pattern for knitted vest for one year old

any knitter has a nice pattern for a vest that might fit a slender 11
month old? DH bought this beautiful hand dyed yarn but I don't think it
is enough for a sweater for Sofia. I'll attempt a vest first, otherwise
it will be a hat and scarf or something of the kind...

marissa celebrating many times this weekend:

DH' 35th birthday today
Sofia' 11 months tomorrow
our 8th wedding anniversary monday
--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out before replying)
Old January 22nd 05, 09:18 PM
AliceW

How many ounces of yarn do you have?

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us

:
: marissa celebrating many times this weekend:
:
: DH' 35th birthday today
: Sofia' 11 months tomorrow
: our 8th wedding anniversary monday
: --
: Dr. Quilter
: http://community.webshots.com/user/mvignali
: (take the dog out before replying)

Old January 22nd 05, 09:25 PM
AliceW

Found this one, says it fit a 12 month old.

http://www.knitlist.com/96gift/giftbabyvest.htm

--

"AliceW" wrote in message
: How many ounces of yarn do you have?
:
: --
: Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
: http://www.ourcyberfamily.us
: http://www.ourcyberfamily.us/RCTQ/index.htm (add a recipe)
: "Just as you began to feel that you could make good use of time, there was
: no time left to you.."
: Lisa Alther
:
:
:
:
: "DrQuilter" wrote in message
: ...
:: any knitter has a nice pattern for a vest that might fit a slender 11
:: month old? DH bought this beautiful hand dyed yarn but I don't think it
:: is enough for a sweater for Sofia. I'll attempt a vest first, otherwise
:: it will be a hat and scarf or something of the kind...
::
:: marissa celebrating many times this weekend:
::
:: DH' 35th birthday today
:: Sofia' 11 months tomorrow
:: our 8th wedding anniversary monday
:: --

Old January 23rd 05, 02:46 AM
AliceW

I'm just about to start a sweater for my 5 month old grandson. We can swap
pix when we each finish. Your yarn sounds wonderful.

Old January 23rd 05, 09:15 PM
DrQuilter

OK! not sure when I'll be done, though. trying to decide if I will make
the vest as is or closed (how do you call those, sleeveless sweater?
like the ones tennis players used to wear, you know...

I made one for Sofi with leftover odds and ends when she was about that
age (she is 11 months old today!) and everyone had to say something
about it when she was wearing.... should post a pic of that one too.