What we made at our quilt workshop this weekend:

Old January 23rd 05, 02:20 AM
Mystified One

Default What we made at our quilt workshop this weekend:

Let's hope the link works, this is the first time I've tried to send just
the link of the picture.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/luxy2/...&.dnm=aa13.jpg
(that's not me, that's Cheryl. She did one of the prototypes, and the rest
of us learned it this weekend)

The black portions are made with pet screening, found at the hardware store.
My main fabric had a black background with purses all over it. I used
fuscia and turquoise as accent colors, with canary yellow piping.
Everybody's turned out way cool! (some even used tapestry fabric, it was
gorgeous!)

--
El Paso Quilter's Association
http://www.geocities.com/luxy2/EPQui...sociation.html

Old January 23rd 05, 07:31 AM
Jalynne

I love that pet screen! I use it to make small zippered bags, and use my quilt
fabric scraps to add strips of color to personalize them. Everyone got one for
Christmas this year with something tucked inside.
--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list

Old January 23rd 05, 07:48 AM
Mystified One

I didn't realize how popular it was!

Here's someone selling them, for a decent price, considering the cost:

http://www.purse-sonality.com/Purses.htm

I doubt I'd seek a way to sell them, because I don't think I could recoup my
labor, but they'd make wonderful gifts.

ink.net...

Old January 23rd 05, 12:45 PM
Pat in Virginia

Hi Mysti:
I have some pet screening I purchased in Lowe's.
It was way less costly there than at some lqs.
Question: what size needle and what thread do you
recommend?
TIA, PAT in VA/USA

Old January 23rd 05, 05:34 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"Mystified One" wrote:

Let's hope the link works, this is the first time I've tried to send just
the link of the picture.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/luxy2/...&.dnm=aa13.jpg
(that's not me, that's Cheryl. She did one of the prototypes, and the rest
of us learned it this weekend)

The black portions are made with pet screening, found at the hardware store.
My main fabric had a black background with purses all over it. I used
fuscia and turquoise as accent colors, with canary yellow piping.
Everybody's turned out way cool! (some even used tapestry fabric, it was
gorgeous!)

Sounds like you had a ball! And your bag sounds bright and cheery --
just right for a winter pick-me-up.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1