Breast Cancer/OT

Old May 1st 06, 03:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Breast Cancer/OT

Thanks, that worked great

In message Zno5g.19306$fG3.10283@dukeread09, Pat in Virginia
writes
Try this: http://tinyurl.com/lakrs

Jo Pender wrote:

In message ann5g.38733$_z2.13151@dukeread02, Pat in Virginia
writes

Yep! Today is May first, and the site said the clicks count double
in month of May. PAT

Pati Cook wrote:

A note to add to this.
I hope everyone is on the auto-notice to "click on the button" on
the breast cancer site (I think it is breastcancersite.com). I
signed up and get a daily e-mail to remind me to go and click to
fund free mammograms. This doesn't cost anything to you, and is a
long running program to fund mammos to those who cannot afford them.

.

Could you post a link to this please, as I haven't been able to
find it so far.
Thanks

--
Jo P
Malvern UK
Old May 1st 06, 05:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Oh, dear. Gentle hugs for you, and you can bet you will be in my
prayers. Be strong. You can DO this! And we will all be with you.

Monique in TX.

pami wrote:

I am sure all you have heard Daniel Powder's song..."Bad Day" well this was
my bad day. I learned I have breast cancer. I had my lumpectomy this week
and it came back as malignant garde 3 tumor. I will have to get a
"masectomy" and have chemo. This has been a rough day for me but I don't
think I have the strength to cry anymore. I know I will lose my hair and
this really sucks but if I have to do this to keep alive then I will have
the surgery and do chemo. I will settle for chemo hats verus hair for life.
I'll be 51 in May and this seems not fair but I get my mammos yearly and
watched and it could of been worse. Last year I had a lumpectomy in the
other breast and that was benign this year my luck ran out. I see and hear
of so many survivors and I know this group has always been here for me when
ever I needed them.
Pami

Old May 1st 06, 05:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

pami wrote:
[...]

Ugh! ((((((HUGS FOR PAMI))))))

Never good news, but prayers are on the way.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old May 1st 06, 05:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Breast Cancer/OT--hair loss and chemo

I've heard of people who never lost hair at all, and one remarkable lady
who just insisted she was never going to barf or lose her hair, and she
didn't! Depends on what they give you, of course, but anything is
possible.

My dad has just been through the chemo wringer (not for BC), and his
doctor made sure each infusion went in with a dose of atavan (for
anxiety and to quiet the stomach) and one of an anti-nausea medicine.
He was only sick to his stomach once! Don't be afraid to ask for the
little extras, like warm rice bags for infusion sites.

We're all here for you.

Monique in TX
Old May 1st 06, 09:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

That's it. G and if you look on the left side there is a "Remember
to Click" section that allows you to sign up for the daily e-mail. nice
and easy to do.

Pati, in Phx

Old May 1st 06, 11:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I've actually "bookmarked" it so that my browser opens to that page.
So, every day that I open up that application it pops up no matter what
- and if I open a new window...there it is again!!

Sue in Ithaca, NY

Old May 2nd 06, 06:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Sue,
We go back to the ornament swaps and all and have sent each other mail. My
friend Ida balled her eyes out when I told her...I felt bad. You made me
feel sad again when you said you cried but...we made friends with each
other.
I am so zonked from all the test...now bone scan...MRI of breast...why
don't I camp out in the parking lot?? Now they also want me to get more
pre-surgical testing. It's a busy week. I havent even cleaned house in a
week. My husband is delighted because he has finally seen our house messy!!
I have hardwood floors and the dust bunnies follow me...so tomorrow night I
need to plug in the vacuumn!!
Pami

Old May 2nd 06, 06:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I am trying Monique but my batteries are getting low...hehehehe!! All I
know is lots of doctors will be buying a new car on me this year!! I still
have my humor!!
Pami

Old May 2nd 06, 06:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Thank you...

Old May 2nd 06, 06:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Thank you Mika...love the name...
Pami