Daughter's 70's poncho

Old October 25th 05, 10:51 PM
Rusty

Default Daughter's 70's poncho

I was going through a bag of clothes that I'd saved over the years, and
DD#2 was with me. We came across the two ponchos that I'd made back in
the 70's for the two girls, when they were probably pre-teens.

The ponchos were both knitted, in colors of purple, yellow, green and
white, all very bright colors. Sandy was thrilled to see hers, tried it
on, it still fit her, and off she went wearing her 'new' poncho !

They say if you hold on to your clothes long enough, they will come
back in style.

Rusty in CT
and
Dusty the Dog

"Some things I can't remember, but some things I can't forget."

Old October 26th 05, 02:40 AM

Hi Rusty,

Clever you to save them and now DD#2 is wearing it. How true, what goes
round comes round.

Hugs,

Nora

Old October 26th 05, 07:34 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

How wonderful Rusty !!!
the find , the joy she had and that it still fits ,,,, i always
claimed we all should huge closets , hang things in it by years ,
close it for 20 years and Voila ,, renew our meetings with it after 20
years ..... mirjam

Old October 26th 05, 07:40 AM
Richard Eney

In article ,
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
How wonderful Rusty !!!
the find , the joy she had and that it still fits ,,,, i always
claimed we all should huge closets , hang things in it by years ,
close it for 20 years and Voila ,, renew our meetings with it after 20
years ..... mirjam

I have clothes that have been in and out of style three or four times now.
:-)

=Tamar
Old October 26th 05, 09:14 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Lucky you Tamar !!!
but of course there is always a small change ,,, In fact we are now
less Stricy about fashion , than we used to be , most people regard
fashion now more like an Opption , not a rule .... when were were
younger , it was a RULE ...
mirjam

Old October 26th 05, 04:26 PM

Recently I was discussing with my mom about the potholder vests she
used to make us. Does anyone remember wearing those. She was such a
quick crocheter that she would make one in a day for us.

She also made us ponchos. I can remember one in my school colors that
I was very proud to wear. No one had one like it! I wish I still had
it.

Di

Old October 26th 05, 04:29 PM

Hi Diane,

No, I don't recall the potholder vests, was it granny squares?

Hugs,

Nora

Old October 26th 05, 05:03 PM

Yes, exactly. There were two very large granny squares, one for the
front and one for the back. These were connected by shoulder straps
and a small decorative edging all around. Oh, I forgot, they were also
connected on the sides. I am sure you can imagine it. Very colorful
too.

Very in style back in the day!

Old October 26th 05, 08:56 PM
Rusty

Diane,

In that same bag of clothes where the ponchos were, there were two of
those 'potholder' vests that I had made for the girls along with the
ponchos. They are exactly what you describe - I didn't know they were
called that. There was also a vest I made for one of them, green,
white and black stripes - it wouldn't fit either of them now.

Also there was a heavy knitted cardigan sweater, maybe it would be
called a 'sweater coat', with a huge neck, and a belt to match - that
was mine, but it's way too small for me now. It was white with a
border which I think was called Keyhole Design.

It's funny - the things that don't fit anybody now - I still can't bear
to part with them. They bring back some special memories of when my
kids were young.

Old October 26th 05, 10:19 PM
MRH

"Rusty" wrote in message
oups.com...
I was going through a bag of clothes that I'd saved over the years, and
DD#2 was with me. We came across the two ponchos that I'd made back in
the 70's for the two girls, when they were probably pre-teens.

The ponchos were both knitted, in colors of purple, yellow, green and
white, all very bright colors. Sandy was thrilled to see hers, tried it
on, it still fit her, and off she went wearing her 'new' poncho !

They say if you hold on to your clothes long enough, they will come
back in style.

Rusty in CT
and
Dusty the Dog

That's really neat, Rusty! )

I've held on to my first pair of jeans, hoping that someday my body will
come back to the size it once was. Yeah.... I doubt *that* will happen!
LOL

Gemini

"Haley" Poncho pattern Craftkitten (Darlene) Yarn 0 June 14th 05 01:44 PM
still on kid poncho Anna MCM Yarn 0 November 20th 04 05:01 PM
Poncho..... who was looking for a poncho pattern? Michaela Yarn 3 August 19th 04 06:59 PM
poncho Diane Broderick Yarn 8 July 2nd 04 10:27 PM