burb cloths

Old May 13th 07, 04:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Deborah Lieuallen

Default burb cloths

Does anyone know the dimensions for making a burb cloth for a baby?

Old May 13th 07, 05:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anne Rogers[_2_]

big enough to cover a shoulder thoroughly, it's the kind of thing that will
very from store to store and brand to brand and then they might shrink.
24inches square should be ok, but if the parents are large, then bigger is
better.

Anne

Old May 13th 07, 07:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*

fwiw,
we used cloth diapers, the big flat ones, not the prefolded type.
worked great thru all three kids.
i dont recall the size of those tho. i'm sure you could find it online
somewhere.
tho to be fair, only dd got cloth diapers most of her infancy.
with each successive baby we used more disposables.
sad now to think of all the excess crap we put into the landfill of rubbish.
cheers,
jeanne
--
Vote B'fly for President '08
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz

"Deborah Lieuallen" wrote...
Does anyone know the dimensions for making a burb cloth for a baby?

Old May 13th 07, 12:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN

I googled "free burp cloth pattern" and came up with quite a few hits
including this one:
http://craftandfabriclinks.com/baby/shaped_burp_cloth.html

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Old May 13th 07, 01:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Hand towels and dish towels are the right size and
shape. Use those and you won't have to have 'something
else' that needs a storage space. JMO. PAT

Old May 14th 07, 12:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Default burb cloths & burp cloths, too

Howdy!

Depends on the size of the burb, doesn't it?
Arlington, a Ft.Worth-Dallas burb, is pretty big, about 350,000 people.
That's gonna' take a pretty big cloth to cover. ;-)

OTOH, figuring more baby minders would be interested in a burp cloth,
here are some ideas:
http://www.craftandfabriclinks.com/f...erns/baby.html
http://www.sewterific.com/BurpCloth.htm
http://www.mormonchic.com/crafty/blanket_diaper.asp
and my favorite:
http://www.getcreativeshow.com/seminars/burpcloths.htm
which says "Burp Cloths can be any size, square or rectangle."
At our house a burp cloth was/is the size of whatever cloth,
hand towel, handkerchief or (fairly) clean rag closest to hand.
;-)

Good luck!
R/Sandy

Old May 14th 07, 12:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
AliceW

......I was wondering how long it was going to take.......

Alice

"Happiness is good health and a bad memory."
- Ingrid Bergman (1917-1982)

"Sandy Ellison" wrote in message
: Howdy!
:
: Depends on the size of the burb, doesn't it?
: Arlington, a Ft.Worth-Dallas burb, is pretty big, about 350,000 people.
: That's gonna' take a pretty big cloth to cover. ;-)
:
: OTOH, figuring more baby minders would be interested in a burp cloth,
: here are some ideas:
: http://www.craftandfabriclinks.com/f...erns/baby.html
: http://www.sewterific.com/BurpCloth.htm
: http://www.mormonchic.com/crafty/blanket_diaper.asp
: and my favorite:
: http://www.getcreativeshow.com/seminars/burpcloths.htm
: which says "Burp Cloths can be any size, square or rectangle."
: At our house a burp cloth was/is the size of whatever cloth,
: hand towel, handkerchief or (fairly) clean rag closest to hand.
: ;-)
:
: Good luck!
: R/Sandy
:
:
:

Old May 14th 07, 04:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anne Rogers[_2_]

we used cloth diapers, the big flat ones, not the prefolded type.
worked great thru all three kids.
i dont recall the size of those tho. i'm sure you could find it online
somewhere.
tho to be fair, only dd got cloth diapers most of her infancy.
with each successive baby we used more disposables.

they are about 2' square when you buy them, they do shrink a bit in the
initial washes, we're also cloth diaper users, unusual in the UK, but not a
rarity, I knew many other people who did and there are various charities,
campaigns, networks etc encouraging use and even providing free starter sets
in some areas, we got this for baby number 2 and moved from flat diapers to
prefolds and loved them - in fact going on holiday with her at 6 weeks old,
we worried about taking disposables and thankfully discovered there was a
washing machine and travelled with a bucket full of nappies in the middle of
the back seat! We found for newborns, before they have any solid food that
reusables really were easier, we didn't try many different disposables, but
we didn't find any that satisfied and the fuss of taking a spare nappy out
with us was more than removed by the fuss we'd have if a poo was done in a
disposable!

Now we've moved, we continue to cloth diaper, but state rules are very
prescriptive about how dirty cloth diapers are to be stored, meaning a lot
say no cloth diapers at all, which means I have to put her in a disposable
every time we go to the gym! Which is very frustrating, I'm finding the US
has an awful lot of laws that make decisions about being enviromentally
friendly harder.

Anne

Old May 14th 07, 06:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*

flip the 'p' up and it becomes a 'b'.
i just thot Deborah was being polite as to what was happening.
wouldnt be the first time someone burped at the same time as, oops, and
babys are known for not caring two hoots what they do in that department,
eh.
snorfle,
jeanne
--
Vote B'fly for President '08
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz

"AliceW" wrote...

Old May 14th 07, 06:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*

what????
the state rules when/where/how you use cloth diapers....
i'm sure they've heard of global warming.
omg, glad i didnt raise my 3 kids where those rules apply or i'd be the one
thrown in jail for disobeying the law.
i cant believe this. whats the point???
very odd to me indeed.
jeanne
--
Vote B'fly for President '08
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz

"Anne Rogers" wrote...
[...]

Excellent URL for cloths/squares MRH Yarn 5 September 6th 05 03:29 AM
Cloths & Cotton Trade 1900 s FA Sarah Mc. Marketplace 0 October 29th 04 01:03 AM
watch cloths [email protected] Jewelry 5 September 3rd 03 04:12 PM
Question about Doodle Cloths NancySue Needlework 7 August 8th 03 11:33 PM