OT Christmas Decorations

Old December 14th 03, 01:41 PM

Default OT Christmas Decorations

Good morning,

I was looking through a box of Christmas decorations I had brought up
from my parents (deceased) house when I sold it. I found my Christmas
stocking that was from my frist Christmas. Now since I was born the day
before Christmas, and wasn't expected till January I don't know if it is
from that year or the next, and there is no one to ask now. At any rate
it would either be 55 or 56 years old (and don't anyone mention the word
antique..LOL). I have it hanging on my mantle. I was wondering if any of
you have any decorations from your childhood that you use.

Carol Ann in West Virginia...where there are big fat flakes of snow
coming down.

Old December 14th 03, 03:37 PM
seaspray

I don't have any Christmas decorations from my childhood, sadly. But
recently my mom was cleaning and she gave me a really cute ceramic duck
mounted on a wooden stand next to a flower pot. It was painted pink and
yellow. It was given to her by my dad in 1960 the day she had me. She
said, "Do you want it?". I said, "Are you kidding? Of course I do"

That is something that I will fix up a little, it does have wear. I plan to
use it.

Seaspray

Old December 14th 03, 05:47 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi,

Yes, I have a tiny plastic Santa and a couple of the white raindeer that used
to be placed on the tree each year. Also anyone remember the glow in the dark
icicles? I've still got about thirty of them. Oh such lovely memories.

Hugs,

Nora
Old December 14th 03, 05:51 PM
Claire

When my parents moved house several years ago they sorted through their
decorations and kept all the sentimental ones but were about to throw out
the last inch of a scented (okay, stinky!) red candle set in a plastic
wreath of beaten up holly (all leaves, the berries have long since fallen
off) which is stuck to a broken old saucer. I remember this candle from all
of my childhood Christmases and the smell of it (still pungent) brings back
so many memories. Mum was actually going to throw it out but I rescued it.
My brother and sisters have all asked after the candle (they missed it the
year after the big Sort Out as it just didn't smell right at Mum and Dad's
house that year) and are all as ridiculously sentimental about this smelly
old lump of wax as I am. It looks awful, smells *very* pungent (it seems to
get stronger over the years, goodness knows why - Mum reckons its now about
thirty years old!) but it's one of the few things I'm going to unpack from
the Holiday Box this year (toddler precludes tree and dangly ornaments!)

Claire

Old December 14th 03, 07:21 PM
Kirsten Procter

In article ,
wrote:
antique..LOL). I have it hanging on my mantle. I was wondering if any of
you have any decorations from your childhood that you use.

Pretty much all my decorations are ones we used to have on the tree as
children. This year my son and I are going to make some extra to go with,
though

We're having one of his friends over, and we're going to make them
together - I'm rather looking forward to it.
--
Kirsten Procter ghoti
Current projects; full-length dress with matching jacket, child's jumper,
Old December 14th 03, 11:25 PM
Katherine

Unfortunately, Carol Ann, my parents' house burned to the ground in 1976, so
I have very little from my childhood. However, I DO have two things - a
basket that my mother had when we lived in Australia, which is full of her
knitting needles now. It is brightly coloured (Christmas colours) and has
sparkles. I also have a ship's wheel made out of rope which my father made
during World Way Two. I had it framed in a shadow box. It is not Christmas,
but I thought I'd mention it anyhow.
What a nice treasure for you to have.
Katherine

Old December 16th 03, 03:08 AM
Richard Eney

In article ,
wrote:

I have it hanging on my mantle. I was wondering if any of
you have any decorations from your childhood that you use.

I have a felt Christmas stocking that was mine as long as I can remember.
I have the old strings of glass beads that were tree decorations.
And I have "my" tree ornament, which is a glow-in-the-dark cartoon figure
from when cartoons were made to be shown in the movie houses.

=Tamar

OT - A Dog's Christmas Promises LN \(remove NOSPAM\) Quilting 5 December 24th 03 04:14 AM
Merry Christmas Cats spampot Sewing 0 December 21st 03 10:52 PM
Christmas decorations help Sarah Grace Yarn 12 December 8th 03 01:48 PM
Freestanding Christmas Decorations Secrets of Embroidery Marketplace 0 November 24th 03 08:53 AM
Freestanding Christmas Decorations Secrets of Embroidery Marketplace 0 November 24th 03 08:52 AM