Question on a pattern someone posted

Old December 14th 03, 02:24 AM
Noreen's Knit*che

Default Question on a pattern someone posted

It was quite awhile back, and I don't recall who posted it, but it was one
of those SAVE type...
It's called
LADDER OF LIFE
and the poster put it exactly like this:

Row 1: k4, p6
Row 2 (and all even rows): purl
Row 3: knit
Row 5: p 5, k4, p1
Row 7: knit
Repeat rows 1 to 8.

My question is row 5... should it actually be:
P5 * k4, p6 ... repeat from * ???
TIA,
Noreen

--
STRIP * tease * to email me.
Old December 14th 03, 02:35 AM
SlinkyToy

That's a pattern published in (I believe) IK after 9/11, would have
been the Winter '01 edition. The last time I looked the pattern is
still available on www.interweave.com complete with photo.

I haven't made the socks so can't speak to your question, but the
pattern on the website should be correct. PDF format IIRC.

Old December 14th 03, 03:01 AM
Noreen's Knit*che

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 02:35:27 GMT, SlinkyToy wrote:

That's a pattern published in (I believe) IK after 9/11, would have
been the Winter '01 edition. The last time I looked the pattern is
still available on www.interweave.com complete with photo.

I haven't made the socks so can't speak to your question, but the
pattern on the website should be correct. PDF format IIRC.

Slinky,
As informative as your answer is, it's not quite what I'm looking for...
NOT the ladder of life socks, this is just a pattern for afghans, squares,
scarves, stoles, etc....
But thanks for your input!!
Noreen

--
STRIP * tease * to email me.
Old December 14th 03, 03:19 AM
SlinkyToy

Oh duh! *g*

Old December 14th 03, 02:30 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 03:19:01 GMT, SlinkyToy wrote:

Oh duh! *g*

ROTFL!
But, not to worry, your answer just might lead someone else to making
Ladder of Life SOCKS, and that would be "a good thing" !!!
Noreen

--
STRIP * tease * to email me.
Old December 14th 03, 05:41 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi Noreen,

Just did a quick google search and it was Barbara Vaughn who posted the
pattern.

Hugs,

Nora
Old December 14th 03, 06:26 PM
B Vaughan

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 20:24:32 -0600, Noreen's Knit*che
wrote:

Hi Noreen,

I was the one who posted this pattern. I never tried it myself. I had
seen a lovely baby blanket made with the pattern. I later found the
pattern I posted in a book, The Book of Knitting, by Marinella Nava.

I just checked it again and that's the way it's printed.

However, looking at your suggestion, it seems to me that it would be
the same thing, wouldn't it?

It was quite awhile back, and I don't recall who posted it, but it was one
of those SAVE type...
It's called
LADDER OF LIFE
and the poster put it exactly like this:

Row 1: k4, p6
Row 2 (and all even rows): purl
Row 3: knit
Row 5: p 5, k4, p1
Row 7: knit
Repeat rows 1 to 8.

My question is row 5... should it actually be:
P5 * k4, p6 ... repeat from * ???

TIA,
Noreen

--------
Barbara Vaughan

My email address is my first initial followed by my last name at libero dot it.
Old December 14th 03, 07:31 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 19:26:37 +0100, B Vaughan wrote:

Hi Noreen,

I was the one who posted this pattern. I never tried it myself. I had
seen a lovely baby blanket made with the pattern. I later found the
pattern I posted in a book, The Book of Knitting, by Marinella Nava.

I just checked it again and that's the way it's printed.

However, looking at your suggestion, it seems to me that it would be
the same thing, wouldn't it?

--------
Barbara Vaughan

LOL, yes Barbara, it WOULD be the same.... I've just never seen it worded
that way.
thanks
Noreen

--
STRIP * tease * to email me.
Old December 14th 03, 08:25 PM
JJMolvik

She did!!!! Me!

JJMolvik

Old December 15th 03, 12:14 AM
Helen \Halla\ Fleischer

Question back at you. Does the pattern give a multiple to cast on? And yes,
it amounts to the same thing after the initial group, but the odd notation
may also be a matter of what happens at the end of the row. I've seen
patterns written that way before and sometimes just concluded it was a
matter of being seriously economical with words or a phobia about stars.

| On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 20:24:32 -0600, Noreen's Knit*che wrote:

It was quite awhile back, and I don't recall who posted it, but it was one
of those SAVE type...
It's called
LADDER OF LIFE
and the poster put it exactly like this:

Row 1: k4, p6
Row 2 (and all even rows): purl
Row 3: knit
Row 5: p 5, k4, p1
Row 7: knit
Repeat rows 1 to 8.

My question is row 5... should it actually be:
P5 * k4, p6 ... repeat from * ???
TIA,
Noreen

Helen "Halla" Fleischer,
Fantasy & Fiber Artist in Fairland, MD USA
http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/