Christmas needlework presents done!!

Old April 12th 04, 11:33 PM
BDS2pds

Default Christmas needlework presents done!!

Today, one day after Easter, I finished the last of the home made Christmas
presents. This one was a large man's cable sweater. I am so relieved!
Now I can work on my silk needlepainting!!! Yippee!!!
Old April 13th 04, 12:35 AM
Greta Spring

Today, one day after Easter, I finished the last of the home made Christmas
presents. This one was a large man's cable sweater. I am so relieved!
Now I can work on my silk needlepainting!!! Yippee!!!

Like, for last year, right? No one can be that good for next
Christmas.............
Greta Spring
Spring's Bead Supply
eBay.com Seller List: springsbeadsupply

Old April 13th 04, 03:43 PM
Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen

Greta Spring wrote:

Today, one day after Easter, I finished the last of the home made Christmas
presents. This one was a large man's cable sweater. I am so relieved!
Now I can work on my silk needlepainting!!! Yippee!!!

Like, for last year, right? No one can be that good for next
Christmas.............

Can one *ever* be finished for Christmas before Christmas Eve? If I had
a list now that was complete, I'd surely come up with 67 more ideas that
"I just have to do!" between now and December!

Sue

Old April 14th 04, 02:00 PM
Dawne Peterson

"BDS2pds" wrote..
Alas, Greta yes for 2003!

I am so glad you wrote that, as I was just about to throw something at you.
Dawne

Old April 14th 04, 02:06 PM
BDS2pds

I foolishly last year in August after just moving in July said we should have a
"Tasha Tudor "Christmas with nothing either hand made by yourself or made by
someone else's hands. It was a success. The kids really went for this and got
very creative. It really made Christmas fun. I , alas, am the only one who
did all of the hand work and then did not want the kids to have something not
worthy so kind of chose big items to do. The only one who got something from
someone else's hands was the 3 month old granddaughter. For my son I made an
Irish oiled wool cabled heavy cardigan and an Irish oiled cabled pullover for
his girlfriend, a detailed wool aran cabled cardigan for hubby, a needlepainted
Redoute' floral quilt for daughter and hubby which I did start 2 years ago, a
dinosaur appliqued quilt for granddaughter, bought Raggedy Ann and Andy by a
lady suggested by the Gruelle family down in Arkansas that was signed, made my
son a tumbling blocks quilt. The Redoute' was ready by Christmas and the
dinosaur quilt. All else got boxes of yarn and fabric scraps! But by the end
of January I had a sweater to send, February the quilt to send and hubby's
finally done at Easter.
I hightly suggest this approach to Christmas especially if you have college
aged money hampered kids and if you live in different parts too. The homemade
jam brought back from one son in CA was equivalent to any gift there. The idea
got us back to a sane and not bigger and more expensive Christmas every year
which was the road we were heading.
Old April 14th 04, 02:12 PM
BDS2pds

need more coffee this morning!
Tasha Tudor "Christmas with nothing either hand made by yourself or made by
someone

what I meant was everything , not nothing!
Old April 14th 04, 02:18 PM
Bungadora

You have a very lucky family. If you do this again though, I suggest you
downscale the size of your gifts. Like down to socks. You need time to make
thiings for yourself woman!
Dora

Old April 14th 04, 02:35 PM
BDS2pds

Well I am going to find out if the kids want to do this again and start in June
or so this time. I would have been done if not in the moving process. I am
always afraid that hand made things are considered "less" than bought in the
younger people's minds-- don't want to be the old lady who they grown at
cardigans again --about....
And now afraid that can success happen twice--OR did it work once and that is
all? Now I am trying to figure out another theme for Christmas that would work
for those college kids .......