Ever hear of a Defendi Brother Arianna Knitting Machine?

Old December 7th 03, 06:40 AM
charlene

Default Ever hear of a Defendi Brother Arianna Knitting Machine?

My boyfriend found this knitting machine at a yard sale, and I'm dying to
use it. I can't find any info on it, but it looks like the Brother
machines made in the late 1970's. It came with punch cards, but of course
no manual.

I used a Bond machine about 15 years ago and the movement on this is the
same as the Bond, but I'm at a loss as what to do with the punch cards. I
know they're for patterns, but I'm stuck.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as far as finding a manual or
instructions for this or any Brother machine that's not electronic?

Thanks!
Charlene

Old December 7th 03, 02:53 PM
Stella Fenley

go to this site
http://www.yarn-store.com/knitting-machine-manuals.htm
see if this helps.Good luck.Stella
.. .

Old December 7th 03, 03:24 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

On Sun, 07 Dec 2003 05:40:20 GMT, charlene wrote:

My boyfriend found this knitting machine at a yard sale, and I'm dying to
use it. I can't find any info on it, but it looks like the Brother
machines made in the late 1970's. It came with punch cards, but of course
no manual.

I used a Bond machine about 15 years ago and the movement on this is the
same as the Bond, but I'm at a loss as what to do with the punch cards. I
know they're for patterns, but I'm stuck.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as far as finding a manual or
instructions for this or any Brother machine that's not electronic?

Thanks!
Charlene

Hi Charlene,
The punchcards ARE patterns, they fit (probably) at the top back of the
machine.
www.brother.com
www.artisan.com
rec.crafts.textiles.machine-knits

HTH,
Noreen

--
STRIP * tease * to email me.
Old December 7th 03, 10:31 PM
charlene

Thanks for the reply, Noreen. I figured that out, I just don't know how
to use them. Or how to get the needles to go back and forth without
dropping stitches. Or how to add second colors to use the punch cards
LOL. And what are all those adjustments on the thing for? It's just
another episode in the series of "no sleep at 3 am due to knitting
machine".

Charlene

Noreen's Knit*che wrote in
: