Good grief, it's quiet!!

Old July 18th 03, 06:22 PM
Alison

Default Good grief, it's quiet!!

So, rather than pout, I'll make an attempt at starting up a thread:

If you could, what big ticket RS item would you splurge on?

Me? I just ordered a heat gun like Suze uses. My piggy bank was full, and
this is one of the things I knew I wanted to splurge the "proceeds" on.
I've seen some people say "how could a heat gun possibly be worth that
price?!!?" Well, all I can say is I got to use it once, and I've been
itching for one ever since.

For the remainder of the piggy money, I haven't decided... I may get one of
those HomePro long reach punch/eyelet setter/nailhead setter gizmos and
accessories. Or, I might go for a digital camera that can handle macro
shots so I can take good photos of my cards (I don't have a scanner, and
feel a camera would be much more versatile).

So, were budget not an issue, and you were going to indulge on you RS
addiction, what would you get?

Come in from the heat and play a while!
Alison

Old July 18th 03, 09:54 PM
Cathy Makela

Having been doing a card swap with a friend of mine for the last 7 months or
so I have discovered I really really need to get the craft room
occassional guest room) organized for easier rubber stamp creations. A
nice closet style or wall unit cabinent full of all sorts of useful nooks
and crannies and drawers/shelves specific to rubber stamps and the
sattelite accessories that go with it. More wall mounted shadow boxes to
hold more of my stamps and emb powders/glitters would be useful. Thats
rather grandiose

More realistically one of those top of the line wheeled Craft Tote /cart
things would be great to allow me to keep my in progress stamp creations and
paraphanalia off the living room coffee table and rolled to the craft room
at the end of my session rather than leave my stuff on the table for a week
or more at a time. Yes, I have a table in the craft room but its completely
covered by stamping stuff other than the 8 inch clear space in which I
emboss . hahahah

I have a Marvy Uchida heat tool thats works for me. Tends to warp vellum a
bit but that may be do to my technique.

I use my plain ol 35 mm camera with the close up zoom to take pics of my
cards I send off to others . Sometimes takes 6 months to get the roll of
film developed though.

Cathy

Old July 18th 03, 10:27 PM
hansen

Just got the Ranger Heat gun from Walmart. Seemed silly to get another
one, when I have a Marvy, but this one doesn't get quite as hot and warp
the paper as much and it is a blessing for UTEE, since it doesn't blow
as much. Plus, now I have one at each end of my stamping room - who
doesn't need that?
Since I have indulged myself in a ton of accessories (best are a light
box, Xyron, Fiskars shape boss & a dedicated garage-sale toaster oven)
I would buy tons of stamps and ink that aren't even on sale - can't ever
seem to get enough!
By the way, scanners are alot cheaper that digital cameras and, to my
mind, make better copies of flat items like cards. It's great to have
your cards on file in the computer - easier to remember that little
thing that made them special, and handy when you need to post something
to one of your stamp groups. I guess that reminds me - I need a program
for the pc that will let me annotate the images, so I can remember who I
sent the card to - by the time they thank me, I can't remember which one
it was!
Janet

Old July 19th 03, 12:12 AM
Cathy Makela

ahhh, so maybe I need to put a Ranger heat gun on my Christmas list. My
Marvy does indeed blow my Cloisenne thick emb pow all over the place to the
point I haven't messed with it upon that discovery. I do have a little
melting pot for glue sticks I could experiment with. I was thinking a
Xyron would be fun. Can you make one sticker at a time or would that be
wasteful of the sticker paper if that is what it uses?

I realized this year that I haven't noted who the card was for in my camera
photos of them. Hate to send the same stamped card twice to a person in the
same year.

Old July 19th 03, 12:27 AM
B8475

Mine was an Accu cut machine!
Old July 19th 03, 09:38 AM
welshwren

I think that I would get a Rollerbind system for quick and easy journal
making (in particular some for the children as I thought I would get them to
make and keep a journal through the summer holidays).

BTW anyone got any feedback on the rollerbind - do you ise it a lot, what
are its limitations etc.

Funny that you should have an 8" working space in your craft room - so do I!
Does that usually end up as the 'norm' except for the super-organised?

Jenni

Old July 19th 03, 02:20 PM
Art Blocks

Funny you should ask this question! LOL

I just splurged on a new xyron 900 came with 1 cartridge and I bought 3 more
cartridges and got the little x150 sticker maker free with my purchase from
www.stickermaker.com
I even got free shipping! all this only cost me $128!
plus ups delivered it with in 5 days of ordering... service was great and
fast!

I am not affiliated... just a happy stamper now!

now to figure out what i want to do with it first! LOL

Deborah
www.art-blocks.com

Old July 20th 03, 01:43 AM
StampNScrap1128

I'd love a series of wooden racks that would hold all my stamps, enclosed by
glass (to keep the dust at bay). But right now my money will have to go to
paying the electric bill. It's been getting to 100+ degrees this whole week
here - 108 today. Even with air conditioning, one feels the heat and I'm too
zapped to stamp or scrap.

Mary in OK
Old July 20th 03, 02:02 AM
Scrapula

I would love a *room* devoted entirely to my crafts. Right now, I use the
office/guestroom/storage room.

~Scrapula

Old July 20th 03, 02:39 AM
Erin-Joi Collins McNeal

I have the room. I would love to have the money to renovate it to be best
for stamping and other crafts.

Erin-Joi

If you think that something small cannot make a difference---try sleeping
with a mosquito in the room.

If I told you that I was walking 35 miles in 2 days to help women with
undetected breast cancer find out early enough to survive, would you support
me? http://erinjoi.pledgepage.com
Feel free to forward my pledgepage to anyone interested in the walk or the
cause.

"Scrapula" wrote in message
. ..

I would love a *room* devoted entirely to my crafts. Right now, I use the
office/guestroom/storage room.

~Scrapula

Good News for a change JL Amerson Beads 8 March 25th 04 09:11 AM
My good news Carol in SLC Beads 44 October 20th 03 11:15 PM
My good news Carol in SLC Beads 0 October 14th 03 02:44 PM
Some good news! Lee S. Billings Beads 7 July 4th 03 07:10 PM