Heaven and Earth Designs

Old September 17th 07, 10:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Parrotfish

Default Heaven and Earth Designs

Has anyone stitched these ?
Lucky me, because right next door to our hotel in Peterborough,
Ontario...... there was a needlework shop )
Sue (the owner) showed me the charts and I was hooked ! I went back the next
day and bought 3 )) Floss has now been ordered, DMC 47p per skein, 89
colours + 1 Kreinik#4 and free P+P for UK....... Yipeeee.
--
Regards..............P-f

Old September 19th 07, 12:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Little Black Bird

On Sep 17, 5:47 pm, "Parrotfish" wrote:
Has anyone stitched these ?
Lucky me, because right next door to our hotel in Peterborough,
Ontario...... there was a needlework shop )
Sue (the owner) showed me the charts and I was hooked ! I went back the next
day and bought 3 )) Floss has now been ordered, DMC 47p per skein, 89
colours + 1 Kreinik#4 and free P+P for UK....... Yipeeee.
--
Regards..............P-f

I started on one last year, frogged four times in the first 10x10
square, and put it aside. The charts are somewhat hit or miss for how
much they look like the cover artwork; some are absolutely gorgeous
when stitched, and some end up looking like a very blurry, pixel-y
picture. You should check her website at www.heavenandearthdesigns.com
to see if anyone has started your chart to determine what it will look
like when stitched.

The so-called "designer" claims that she charts each pattern by hand
(all 20+pages per pattern, really?) using CAD software. Well, I guess
you can call running photos through Pattern Maker Pro "hand charting"
if you REALLY stretch it. She will release 10 new patterns of 20+
pages each about a week after her last set of releases, and still
claims she does it all by hand. Ooookay, if you say so.

Regardless of how she does it, like I said, some of the stitched
pieces look very good, and some are so-so. Just luck of the draw, I
guess. I'm very much in awe of people who manage to finish one of
these things.

If you like this style of picture-to-pattern, you can also check out
the Scarlet Quince and Golden Kite (just google their websites).

Old September 19th 07, 02:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Parrotfish

"Little Black Bird" wrote ...
"Parrotfish" wrote:
Has anyone stitched these ?

snipperty

picture. You should check her website at www.heavenandearthdesigns.com
to see if anyone has started your chart to determine what it will look
like when stitched.

The so-called "designer" claims that she charts each pattern by hand
(all 20+pages per pattern, really?) using CAD software. Well, I guess
you can call running photos through Pattern Maker Pro "hand charting"
if you REALLY stretch it. She will release 10 new patterns of 20+
pages each about a week after her last set of releases, and still
claims she does it all by hand. Ooookay, if you say so.

Regardless of how she does it, like I said, some of the stitched
pieces look very good, and some are so-so. Just luck of the draw, I
guess. I'm very much in awe of people who manage to finish one of
these things.

If you like this style of picture-to-pattern, you can also check out
the Scarlet Quince and Golden Kite (just google their websites).

Thanks for the input and advice.
I didn't realise the timescale was so short !
The project I'm starting is 'Dreamweavers' with no background, so now I'll
have a look at any reviews on the website.
Thanks for the 2 sites recommendation.

--
Regards..............P-f

Old September 19th 07, 07:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

I bought one from Sue as well. I used to live in Peterborough, and
miss going to her store.
Haven't done one before, so can't help you there. I hope to start
mine in the new year.
Good Luck!
Bonnie B
(ONT)

Old September 19th 07, 07:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Parrotfish

wrote ...
I bought one from Sue as well. I used to live in Peterborough, and
miss going to her store.
Haven't done one before, so can't help you there. I hope to start
mine in the new year.
Good Luck!

Thanks for the good wishes, Bonnie )
Sue was so friendly and helpful, I could have stayed all day.
We thoroughly enjoyed Peterborough. Went on the Lift-Lock Cruise...... Wow !
and the most emotional walk through the Butterfly Garden, what a beautiful
idea.
But..... back to cross stitch ! Which chart have you got ?
--
Regards..............P-f