Woo Woo!

Old June 1st 07, 09:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Flytyer37

Default Woo Woo!

Okay, y'all may have heard me talking about my wonderful daughter's
contributions to quilting. Well, this weekend is the Omaha Quilt
Guild Show. For a local guild, its huge (I believe Omaha is one of
the biggest guilds in the US).
Well, she entered her coat, "Cherry Blossoms in the Concrete Jungle"
into the show. The item is based around a picture she took of the
cherry blossoms in DC falling on the cement walking path. Its item
#97 in the show. This is her first show.
Who would'a thunk it? She got third place in the wearables category!
Not too bad for an 18-year-old girl. Daddy and Mommy are
appropriately proud.
Frank Reid

Old June 1st 07, 09:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

Good for her! She's obviously got the bug! Is there a picture posted
anywhere so we can see the prize winner?

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi
ups.com...

Old June 1st 07, 09:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Flytyer37

On Jun 1, 3:19 pm, "KJ" wrote:
Good for her! She's obviously got the bug! Is there a picture posted
anywhere so we can see the prize winner?

She's coming into town this weekend, so will get the link to the
pictures.
Frank Reid

Old June 1st 07, 10:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Well done Frank and Brenda's daughter.
Thanks for the update Frank.
..
In message . com,
Flytyer37 writes
#97 in the show. This is her first show.
Who would'a thunk it? She got third place in the wearables category!
Not too bad for an 18-year-old girl. Daddy and Mommy are
appropriately proud.
Frank Reid

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old June 2nd 07, 01:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carolyn McCarty

Congrats to your daughter, Frank! And to you and your wife for bringing up
such a talented young quilter!

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green

ups.com...

Old June 2nd 07, 02:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
marsha

Congratulations proud Dad and Mom. How wonderful to have a daughter
who not only sews but quilts clothing too.

Really looking forward to seeing some pitures.

Marsha in nw, Ohio

#97 in the show. This is her first show.
Who would'a thunk it? She got third place in the wearables category!
Not too bad for an 18-year-old girl. Daddy and Mommy are
appropriately proud.
Frank Reid

Proud? I'll bet you're bursting your buttons! Congratulations to both of
you *and* -- of course -- to your DD!

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
sfoster 1 (at) embarqmail (dot) com (remove/change the obvious)
Old June 2nd 07, 03:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Flytyer37

Okay, image online at:
http://picasaweb.google.com/flytyer3...92147103053090

Frank Reid

Old June 2nd 07, 03:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

Only third place???? That's a lovely jacket! I love the muted color
scheme. I see a bright future for her quilting endeavors.
Congratulations to your DD! Is her name Anneliese? Beautiful.

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi
oups.com...

Old June 2nd 07, 03:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cindy Schmidt

OMG - that's beautiful.

Congrats to your DD.

--