OT The Joy of the QI

Old August 18th 06, 01:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther

Default OT The Joy of the QI

This week, DH and I have been wallpapering a tiny bathroom. There is not
one window, door, light switch or corner in that room that is true, level
and square. Before we were half begun, both of us made the movie 'Grumpy
Old Men' look like a picnic.
In the middle of wallpaper glue dripping off our elbows like slime and a
glare on the wallpaper that made it impossible to see and both of us trying
to hold an edge off the wall until we could get it 'plumb', the phone
started ringing. And ringing.
And ringing.
The Yorkie came into the bathroom and began dancing and barking. He
Knew that one of us was supposed to make the phone hush and tell him if
somebody was on his way over to rub the Yorkie belly.
Saturday morning, DH's sister Annie was up making coffee. Her hip broke
and she would have been lying on the kitchen floor until her husband Oscar
woke up. Their big (and quite uppity) Siamese went in the bedroom. He
relentlessly walked up and down on Oscar until he surrendered and went to
see what the cat thought commanded his immediate attention. Thank God for
that precious big old kitty.
Annie and Oscar are doing very well now. DH and I have the wallpaper
done and can answer the phone in a timely manner. The QIs are pleased.
Polly

Old August 18th 06, 01:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jessamy

Goodness you have been having "fun" but the results will be worth it I'm
sure!

and 3 cheers for the Siamese with enough oomph to wake Oscar!

--
Jessamy
In The Netherlands

Old August 18th 06, 02:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

And when those darling pets aren't doing their "important" jobs they
lavish us with love and companionship and all kinds of good things.
Thank God for our precious pets.

And thank you, Polly, for a morning smile!

Leslie & The Always Entertaining Furbabies in MO.

Old August 18th 06, 02:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther

Oscar and Annie are both about 85 and live in a town where they have no kin
to keep an eye on them. They've given up on doing that now and are looking
for an assisted living sort of place that is, of course, acceptable to the
Siamese. Polly

Old August 18th 06, 04:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

Aren't our QI's sumpin? they just KNOW when something is haywire and know WE
can fix it and they won't give up until we do.
Now tell us what color, etc, you used for wallpaper.....did it have roses?

Butterfly (who actually got ONE red bloom since we moved here off the
'moved' rosebushes--I miss them)

link.net...

Old August 18th 06, 04:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny

Are you brave or what??? Early in our relationship, DH and I decided
that the quickest path to divorce would be wallpapering together. Since
then, one or the other of us wrestles with the plumb and the other
stays far, far away. LOL.

As for those wonderful QI's, we took in a little border collie mix many
years ago when our oldest son was just a baby. She came to us three
times over four months before we finally gave up and asked her owners
(who just let the pup wander and didn't feed her well) to let us keep
her. Sadie turned into our family "nanny". If the baby tried to climb
out of the playyard into the big yard, she pulled him off the fence and
back to the house by his little diapered butt. When the boys got
bigger, if one was up in the night on the computer or watching
television or whatever she came and woke me up and made me go put the
offender back to bed. Sadie liked her house in order. When my youngest
was just 2, she saved him from drowning. Long story involving a garden
hose, 4-year-old brother and 6-year-old neighbor. Sadie bit me that
day, screaming and frothing at the mouth, until I ran into the back
yard and found my baby turning blue and the older kids hiding cuz they
knew they'd done something wrong. The old girl got a steak that day.
Right up to the end, she was a joy in our lives. And brave. You should
have seen the tears shed by my husband and my big boys the day she left
us. Thank goodness the Creator realized we needed extra angels to make
this trip through life with us, and being wise She gave them soft fur
and sweet eyes and adorable tummies to rub.

Sunny

Old August 18th 06, 05:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Foster

In article .net,
"Polly Esther" wrote:

[...]

Wow! Thank goodness for the uppity Siamese! I'm so glad to hear that all
are doing well and that the wallpaper is done. An upset QI can be quite
a burden.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education

Old August 18th 06, 06:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther

The wallpaper is as boring as they make. All I wanted was something that
would reflect light - no horizontal or diagonal pattern repeat, no color.
It's a moiré ribbon look of white and almost barely kind of gold. DH has
macular degeneration and I didn't want him shaving off any vital facial
parts. The previous paper was so ugly. How ugly was it? Polly

Old August 18th 06, 06:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lynne Baron

Sunny wrote:

As for those wonderful QI's, we took in a little border collie mix many
years ago when our oldest son was just a baby.
Sunny

What a wonderful tribute to a wonderful friend! Thank you for sharing this!
Lynne from MI