frog hunt

Old August 13th 06, 02:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen Garza

Default frog hunt

Yes, please. I would love to see it.
Thanks

Karen

"Witchy Stitcher" wrote in message
I just ordered a book with a pattern called bullfrog boogie. I'll let
you know how it is. The picture looked cute.

Old August 13th 06, 02:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Witchy Stitcher

Here is another paper pieced one:
http://www.winnowing.com/frog.html

And in searching, I came across this entry in Popser's journal (take a
look at the quilt too - lovely!)
http://popser.com/FrogChallenge.html

Linda
PATCHogue, NY

On Sun, 13 Aug 2006 08:35:19 -0500, "Karen Garza"
wrote:

Yes, I like it :-) I would definitely like to try it. I don't as much pp as
some folks do, but I'd be happy to test it for you.
thank you

Karen

"D Curtis" wrote in message
. ..
I designed a paper pieced frog (once upon a time) and while it hasn't been
beta tested you would be more than welcome to it. Its so complicated that
I'm daunted. I ask myself why I would make a pattern like this when I dont
care for PPing. I dont know!
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lunamo...nm=d521scd.jpg
If you like the design let me know (and that goes for anyone who loves
froggys) and Id be happy to clean up the image and send it to you as an
email attachment.
Diana
http://duet.etsy.com

Karen Garza wrote:
I know it's bad form to reply to my own post, but I forgot to say that I
don't want to do any applique patterns.

Karen

"Karen Garza" wrote in message
My husband is always commenting on the the cute frogs that live in our
vegetable garden. I thought I would make him a small lap/nap quilt with
some frogs on it. I am in the pattern collecting stage right now, so if
you know of any cute frog patterns online, please let me know. I may add
some fire flies to the quilt if I can fidn a pattern for them.
Thanks

Karen

Old August 13th 06, 02:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen Garza

No thank you. I have plenty of real frogs here already. I have no idea what
kind they are, or where they cane from. We tilled up abut 1/2 acre of our
pasture to make a garden this spring. There were no frogs when we started,
but there are lots of them now :-)

Karen

"Bonnie NJ" wrote in message
ink.net...
Oh, I thought you wanted me to send you some frogs. I have bullfrogs,
green frogs and every once in a while a leopard frog visits. So, if you
every decide that you'd like some real frogs just let me know.
Also, I have tadpoles available too....but I can't verify what type they
maybe ;-).

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old August 13th 06, 02:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen Garza

Oh, I really like that pattern!
Thank you

Karen

"A&T" wrote in message
ink.net...
Village Quilt Shoppe

has an "over by the pond" pattern Paper pieced.
http://209.200.122.122/detail.cfm?pi...TOKEN=82433111

Tricia
http://photos.yahoo.com/momiixii

Old August 13th 06, 04:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
DrQuilter

I want frogs too! but real ones, for my pond...

http://www.winnowing.com/frog.html
http://softexpressions.com/software/pat/QltSeed1.php
http://www.paperpanache.com/ (this is great!)
http://popser.com/challenge.html

Karen Garza wrote:
My husband is always commenting on the the cute frogs that live in our
vegetable garden. I thought I would make him a small lap/nap quilt with some
frogs on it. I am in the pattern collecting stage right now, so if you know
of any cute frog patterns online, please let me know. I may add some fire
flies to the quilt if I can fidn a pattern for them.
Thanks

Karen

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out for a walk)
Old August 13th 06, 06:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bonnie NJ

I'd send them to you, but I don't think they'd arrive in good condition ;-)
How big is your pond? I don't think bullfrogs are allowed in your state.
--
Bonnie
NJ

Old August 13th 06, 07:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kathy Applebaum

"DrQuilter" wrote in message
I want frogs too! but real ones, for my pond...

I'm surprised you don't have Pacific Tree Frogs up there. They make quite
the racket down here when they're, shall we say, "looking for love".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_Tree_Frog Cute little things, even
when I find them inside. (Luckily they are easy to catch and transport back
out.)

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

http://fabrictramp.typepad.com/fabric_tramping/
remove the obvious to reply

Old August 14th 06, 04:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
DrQuilter

oh, dont worry, I want locally grown, organic and approved frogs... it
is a little black plastic pond, maybe 4 feet across, 2 wide and 2 deep
(with a higher shelf). tadpoles would work best. sofi would love them!
are the only born one a year?

I did some research and found out two reccomended places in seattle: a
vietnamese grocery store (which apparently also has live turtles!) and
lake washington )

Old August 14th 06, 05:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bonnie NJ

Most tadpoles develop into frogs within one year. Bullfrogs take two years.
If you find toad tadpoles they develop very quickly, within weeks.
Toad eggs are layed in a string and frog eggs are layed in a mass - you'll
be able to tell the difference in the Spring if you happen to find them in
your pond.

--
Bonnie
NJ

Bonnie NJ wrote:
I'd send them to you, but I don't think they'd arrive in good condition
;-) How big is your pond? I don't think bullfrogs are allowed in your
state.

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out for a walk)

Frog patterns anyone? Donna McIntosh Needlework 10 September 9th 04 06:45 PM
Jaychantell Easter Bead Hunt Comming soon!! alex Beads 7 February 29th 04 05:01 PM
One Ugly Frog Royce Quilting 1 July 19th 03 10:32 PM
One Ugly Frog Royce Quilting 0 July 19th 03 10:16 PM