Briefly stopping by from Gems

Old July 1st 06, 06:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
spinninglilac

Default Briefly stopping by from Gems

From Gems to Cher
copying it to RCTY
for me? Thank you so much, I really appreciate it.
snip

For you all from Gems

First of all I want to thank everyone for their kind thoughts and
prayers about & for my cousin and his family. Although I didn't see
him often, it is difficult to realize that I will never see him
again. The funeral was very nice, and loving. His sister did the
eulogy, very touching with a couple of funny memories thrown in as
well. Then when we got to the gravesite (he is buried at his
mother's side) the clouds opened up and the rain came down hard and
fast so we all got soaked to the skin. The minister joked that Ernie
was having one last laugh on us. *sad smile*

Secondly, I want to wish all our Canadian friends a Happy Canada
Day! And because I likely won't be online then, I want to also wish
all our American friends a Happy Independence Day!

And lastly, my sister phoned me yesterday and told me that my cousin
(the daughter of my Aunt who passed away last year... and the one
who is like a sister-cousin to me) recently found out that she has
cancer. She had what they thought was a hernia in her groin, but
when they took a biopsy they discovered the cancer. The main problem
is that they don't know where the source of the cancer is, so they
aren't positive how to treat it... but they are going to go ahead
with chemo treatments anyway. She was told that she couldn't work
because she will be spending too much time in treatment... and this
past week she was evicted from her apartment because she couldn't
afford to pay the rent. Some friends she had worked with got a bit
of money together so she could get a room at a cheap hotel for a
while. Her son is with her, but because the place they have to stay
is further away from his workplace he hasn't been able to get to
work on time a few times. Instead of understanding and helping by
giving him MORE hours, they punished him by cutting his hours down a
lot. So once again I am asking for good thoughts and prayer to be
sent out... this time for my sister-cousin (and her son).

Also this past week, Matthew's girlfriend was kicked out of her
parents home. She has been staying here, until she can find (or
afford to find) a place of her own. I took her to Legal Aid to get
her set up with a lawyer because her mother is trying to keep her
from having any visitation with her child (who they have JOINT
custody of) unless it is for emergencies only. She has an
appointment with the lawyer on Wednesday coming.

It's been a very stressful and worrisome week, for sure!

Keep well.
*hugs*
Gemini

Old July 1st 06, 07:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Janise

Oh, Gem,

If it isn't 1 thing, it's another. :-( I wish you the best for your
sister-cousin and Matthew's girlfriend.

Janise

From Gems to Cher

Gems in the Ruff Kate G. Quilting 4 February 25th 06 05:26 PM
colorless gems m4816k Jewelry 1 May 15th 04 09:03 PM
Back briefly and Thanks SGC Needlework 4 November 14th 03 05:25 PM
Loose gems Manito Dave Jewelry 0 September 11th 03 03:21 AM
Thai Gems Beadbimbo Beads 3 August 7th 03 10:52 PM