I had S.E.X. at the show!!!

Old November 10th 03, 01:52 AM
SlinkyToy

Default I had S.E.X. at the show!!!

Ya win some, ya lose some. The stuff I expected would sell well,
didn't. The stuff I didn't think would sell at all sold out on the
first day and I had people coming in on the second day asking to buy
those things. Now, if I had stocked up on the latter and gone light
on the former what do you suppose would have happened?

I did make enough to cover my travel and motel expenses, sold enough
to cover my other expenses (outlays for my Tolly spindles, etc).

And of course I shopped, so I blew my books I bought a 7' tri-loom
for cheap (end of the season and hte guy didn't want to take it home),
a lacewood bowl for my takhli spindle so maybe I'll use it now, a nice
ebony nostepinne that I'll use as a wheel finger when I spin on the
great wheel, a couple of silk caps, two books, and a VERY nice
Corriedale fleece.

I got the truck unloaded today, tomorrow I'll reorganize everything
and put it away, then I can start playing iwth my new toys.

If anybody needs bunny fuzz or a nice drop spindle I have lots...
Old November 10th 03, 02:13 AM
Angelicsong

Well done on the sales Slinky! Sounds like you made a killing on the books
and spinning things. How long do you usually have to stay each day when you
go to the shows?

Melody

Old November 10th 03, 04:19 PM
SlinkyToy

I didn't do too badly overall - spindles were a loser as I had to pay
my spindlemaker, and nobody was buying spindles. Everything else made
money, however. I stayed over Friday night, as the show was noon-8pm
Friday and opened bright and early on Saturday. 2-3 hours each way
just wasn't in the cards on Frinite/Satmorn, you know?

In the past when I've been a f2f team member, or gone down for
shopping, I've driven down on Saturday morning and come home on
Saturday night. Not this year, however.