OT - I have moved

Old December 4th 04, 11:27 PM
Johanna Gibson

Default OT - I have moved

Well, the van was supposed to be at my flat between 9am and 9:30am.
It showed up at 10. Until then, I made cups of tea and conversation
with Naga and Stewart, while waiting for Mike. Keith rang up to say
that he would come late, but would come at 10 or so (he showed up at
about 6 pm and was so whacked out - he's diabetic - that he went home
and had a bite to eat and came back with his wife Julia to help).
Nag a, Stewart, Mike and I started at 10am. Naga had to leave to
get ready for work at 11:45. Cara showed up at about 10:30 and helped
until 1pm. Stewart - who had stayed up all night practicing with his
band - stayed until 2pm and the furniture was moved into the new flat.
Then we gave him a lift home so that he could sleep before his shift
at Tesco. Mike and I pressed on and finished the first van load at
about 4pm, as the sun was going down. We stopped to get diesel, some
sandwiches, and then back over to the old flat for a tea break.
We began the second load - all the nice square boxes of books and
fabric had gone and it was strangely shaped articles - and when Keith
turned up there wasn't loads left to do. We had the van loaded again
at 6:15pm, and Keith went to sort out his blood sugar and get Julia.
The van was finally unloaded at 7:15pm, so we all sat down to a cup
of tea and a biscuit. My birthday is in 13 days, so I hope to have
the living room tidy so that I can have folks around for nibbles and
conversation at my flat for that day (Friday evening). There's a goal
to work towards!
It was very windy - warnings on the Tay Road bridge and so forth -
so the only accident was I turned my back on a bookcase for a second
and it blew over and hit the sidewalk/pavement and cracked on one
corner. That one was my fault! Plus I had a box of books hit me in
the kidney - wish that one had been fabric!
Sasha the QI is busy sitting on the beds and couches and seems to be
over the shock now... she's grooming herself near the desk as we
speak. So we're moved in. I'm going to have a shower, a glass of red
wine (no pizza, sadly, the oven seems to not be working!) and then
bed. I have to work 11 hours tomorrow.

Yours,

-- Jo in Scotland

Old December 5th 04, 12:27 AM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
Johanna Gibson wrote:

[...]

I'm delighted to hear that things went relatively smoothly for your new
move, Jo! When will the oven be fixed? Good luck getting unpacked and
settled in.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1
Old December 5th 04, 01:55 AM
Carolyn McCarty

Congratulations on your new home! I hope everything turns out okay for you,
it would be about time. Hugs!

BTW, if your oven is a gas oven, the pilot light is probably not lit.
Easy-peasy to light, as a rule, though with a new place you may want to call
the gas company to light it for you the first time. They usually check all
the connections to make sure everything is ship-shape, and they don't charge
for the visit--at least, not here in Tucson.

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo
take out nospam to reply

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green

Old December 5th 04, 02:36 AM
nana2b

Glad to see you are finally settled in your new home. Good wishes for many
happy years there! Linda in Plano Tx

Old December 5th 04, 02:43 AM
Pat in Virginia

Good Luck Jo. You've had a rough go these past few
months. Now you have turned the corner and I hope you
are on the sunny side of the street from now on.
PAT in VA/USA

Old December 5th 04, 09:16 AM
Kate Dicey

Yikes! Sounds like you had a looooong day! I swore after our last move
that we'd never do it ourselves again. We solved all arguments on that
one by not moving! We have been here 20 years, and the major part
of our mortgage gets paid tomorrow! Yaya! I get to write the biggest
cheque of my life!

Get that oven sorted - woman is not intended to live long without pizza
or chocolate.

Chocolate pizza, anyone?

--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old December 5th 04, 02:58 PM
georg

Kate Dicey wrote:

Chocolate pizza, anyone?

good idea.

-georg
where did I leave that double boiler?
Old December 5th 04, 06:38 PM
Allyson Brown

Jo
Glad to hear that it basically got done, regardless of the comings and
goings of all! Enjoy the settling in process, I always do.
Congrats & Cheers,
allyson

Old December 6th 04, 06:06 PM
Debra

On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 23:27:11 +0000, Johanna Gibson
wrote:

Yay! You are finally in your new place! I'm sure it won't take too
long to make it all tidy and homey.
Debra in VA

All Moved In (er...hehe...sorta) KDK Beads 0 August 8th 04 09:18 AM
I've moved! SunnyQuilt Quilting 12 January 23rd 04 01:56 PM
new pic up and old pics moved to webshots Kathy in CA Quilting 0 December 6th 03 12:03 AM
OT - I moved A Joy in Hawaii Quilting 8 October 24th 03 12:46 AM