I've moved!

Old January 20th 04, 02:46 AM
SunnyQuilt

Default I've moved!

And changed my addy! You know me, but I'm no longer in Chapel Hill, NC! Sold my
house, packed my junk (and *all* my fabric), bought a new house, and moved in
to my new place less than a week ago! Boxes! Boxes everywhere! Some empty; some
full. Wish I could have painted before the furniture came, but there was no
time. All the walls are off-white. Boring!

While I was off-line y'all talked a lot! I came back to over 3,000 new
messages! I just couldn't read every one of them. Glad to see Sairey is back!

On Jan. 21 I plan to work on my studio (the "bonus" room over the garage). I
need to figure out fabric storage. There's a small walk-in closet set up for
hanging clothes. I just want all shelves for fabric. Floor to ceiling, if
possible. Has anyone done this?

SunnyQuilt
no longer in Chapel Hill, NC
Old January 20th 04, 03:14 AM
frood

But, MBM, if you don't tell them who you are, how will they know? They don't
all know your sunny-quilty personality the way I do! ;-)

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

Old January 20th 04, 03:45 AM
Taria

Congratulations on the new house and surviving the move.
I have shelved two houses of closets and had success and
failures in both. The way I have my fabric now is those
wire blocks from Costco. They all fit together in the way
you need. A girlfriend has her fabric that way and it seemed
so good for her I tried it and I like it.
I had fabric in the last house on laminate shelves.
They were great but I would often catch my hands on the edges
when rootling around for fabric. I have those in my clothes
closets now. They are wonderful except the edges. They were
easy to install. Go nose around in the home stores. They have
lots of ideas these days.
Taria

Old January 20th 04, 09:44 PM
nana2b

When I set up my sewing room (which was DD room) I shelved the whole closet.
Some we existing shelves and I just added the wire ones from Container
Store. I love it.

--
Sugar & Spice Quilts by Linda E
http://community.webshots.com/user/frame242

Old January 20th 04, 09:57 PM
KittyG

Are we supposed to guess? Oh oh MBM, is that a clue? hmm.....

Sounds like you've been quite busy. You can get all sorts of shelving units
from Wally World, never done it but know all things are possible with a will
and a drill. And yes yes! paint those plain ole boring walls as soon as you
get time ANY color you want. It's only paint

kitty in phx

--
Remove "s" and "i" in email to respond.
http://community.webshots.com/user/kittykatchee
.com...

Old January 20th 04, 10:05 PM
frood

Well, you know, just in case she wants to assume a new identity. I"m not
gonna rat her out.
--

"KittyG" wrote in message
Are we supposed to guess? Oh oh MBM, is that a clue? hmm.....

Sounds like you've been quite busy. You can get all sorts of shelving

units
from Wally World, never done it but know all things are possible with a

will
and a drill. And yes yes! paint those plain ole boring walls as soon as

you
get time ANY color you want. It's only paint

kitty in phx

--
Remove "s" and "i" in email to respond.
http://community.webshots.com/user/kittykatchee
.com...

Old January 20th 04, 11:09 PM
Ellison

Howdy!
I recall that she has a pretty first name. g
Ragmop/Sandy--don't all Sandys quilt?

news

"KittyG" wrote in message
Are we supposed to guess? Oh oh MBM, is that a clue? hmm.....

Sounds like you've been quite busy. You can get all sorts of shelving

units
from Wally World, never done it but know all things are possible with a

will
and a drill. And yes yes! paint those plain ole boring walls as soon as

you
get time ANY color you want. It's only paint

kitty in phx

--
Remove "s" and "i" in email to respond.
http://community.webshots.com/user/kittykatchee
.com...

Old January 20th 04, 11:28 PM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

Me too! But I don't get a sewing room here either.

Hope you are having better luck at settling than I am. I just don't feel
like it when I get home from work and this past weekend, I had the time, but
not the energy. I made jewelry instead. LOL (Which you can see on my photo
page under BEADING - last 3 pics).

Congrats on your new house. Enjoy!

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér

[...]

---

Old January 21st 04, 12:50 AM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
" Ellison" wrote:

Howdy!
I recall that she has a pretty first name. g
Ragmop/Sandy--don't all Sandys quilt?

This one does! But I'm not in NC...
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
my ISP is earthlink.net -- put s-foster@ in front
Old January 21st 04, 09:28 AM
Butterfly

SSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEE'S
BBBBBBBAAAAAAACCCCCCCKKKKKKKK
Now hurry up and unpack, so you can spend more time with us
Butterfly (you're doing 'snack time' this Friday)