Quilted elephant

Old October 19th 10, 10:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lizzy Taylor

Default Quilted elephant

I have finally finished the Rumpled Quilt Skins elephant for Aaron.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13454123@N04/5097908334/

He is made in yellow flannel and is so soft and cuddly that DS2 doesn't
want him to leave.

Now I am making this changing bag for DD/DGS in a bright yellow, green
and blue fabric:
http://amingledyarn.wordpress.com/ga...ma-diaper-bag/

Lizzy
Old October 19th 10, 11:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sartorresartus

Awww! Cooot. Love the elephant.

Nel
(Gadget Queen)
no gags, please!
Old October 19th 10, 11:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 22:16:06 +0100, Lizzy Taylor wrote:

I have finally finished the Rumpled Quilt Skins elephant for Aaron.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13454123@N04/5097908334/

He is made in yellow flannel and is so soft and cuddly that DS2 doesn't
want him to leave.

He seems very Babar-esque to me.

Like with the right clothes he could be taken for Babar's oddly coloured
cousin.

NightMist
loves Babar

--
I'm raising a developmentally disabled child. What's your superpower?
Old October 20th 10, 02:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mary

Very nice! And did you know that a diaper bag is a very good bag for
a fine camera carried by a "mom" or "grandma"? The padding and the
moisture proofing are ideal to protect a camera, and so long as the
bag looks like a diaper bag it is safer from thieves and pickpockets.
My sister was a photographer and any time she was alone rather than
with a crew she ALWAYS took her personal camera in a diaper bag! She
kept a couple of clean diapers on top of the camera, a set of plastic
"keys" tied to the handle, and just under the flap she kept a "used"
diaper -- one that was opened, scrunched a bit, and then rolled tight
and taped shut as though it were nasty ... Nasty ... NASTY!
Old October 20th 10, 08:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

On 19/10/2010 22:16, Lizzy Taylor wrote:
I have finally finished the Rumpled Quilt Skins elephant for Aaron.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13454123@N04/5097908334/

He is made in yellow flannel and is so soft and cuddly that DS2 doesn't
want him to leave.

Now I am making this changing bag for DD/DGS in a bright yellow, green
and blue fabric:
http://amingledyarn.wordpress.com/ga...ma-diaper-bag/

Lizzy

Love the custard coloured elephant!

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old October 20th 10, 10:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

What a gorgeous Heffelump. I love him.
..
In message , Lizzy Taylor
writes
I have finally finished the Rumpled Quilt Skins elephant for Aaron.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13454123@N04/5097908334/

He is made in yellow flannel and is so soft and cuddly that DS2 doesn't
want him to leave.

Now I am making this changing bag for DD/DGS in a bright yellow, green
and blue fabric:
http://amingledyarn.wordpress.com/ga...ma-diaper-bag/

Lizzy

--
Best Regards
Pat on the Green
Old October 20th 10, 10:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

How wonderful! Makes me smile. Were the tusks hard to do?
Roberta in D

Old October 20th 10, 12:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lizzy Taylor

Roberta wrote:
How wonderful! Makes me smile. Were the tusks hard to do?
Roberta in D

Fiddly but not too bad. Sewing the trunk together was the hardest bit.
Of course I made it all harder for my self by doing it in flannel, not
"ordinary" quilting cotton, but he has come out so soft and cuddly it
was worth the effort.

Lizzy
Old October 20th 10, 12:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jennifer in Ottawa

I liked your heffalump so much that I ordered the pattern plus the
giraffe and turtle!! Thank you, I think? Two new babies expected in
February and since the last two are still without quilts from
me......who knows.......jennellh

Old October 20th 10, 01:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

Well, that little critter is sure to put a smile on anyone's faceI
He brings to mind a Dr Seuss book, or Polly's kids' creations )

Ginger in CA
On Oct 19, 2:16*pm, Lizzy Taylor wrote:
I have finally finished the Rumpled Quilt Skins elephant for Aaron.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13454123@N04/5097908334/

He is made in yellow flannel and is so soft and cuddly that DS2 doesn't
want him to leave.

Now I am making this changing bag for DD/DGS in a bright yellow, green
and blue fabric:http://amingledyarn.wordpress.com/ga...ma-diaper-bag/

Lizzy

Elephant necklace & more from Butterbean Beadbimbo Beads 13 December 22nd 06 11:45 AM
Pretty elephant, Lula!! Cozit Needlework 4 August 12th 05 11:56 PM
Amazing Beaded Elephant starlia Beads 5 April 12th 04 07:13 PM
AD Attention Elephant Lovers! New Bead listings too! Karleen/Vibrant Jewels Beads 0 March 31st 04 04:17 PM
AD Attention Elephant Lovers! New Bead listings too! Karleen/Vibrant Jewels General Crafting 0 March 31st 04 04:17 PM