another moebius question

Old January 16th 08, 05:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Y?

Default another moebius question

Envirement friendly anyway if nothing else. A huge effort was made to felt
all the fleece and get it up no doubt.
higz Cher

Old January 16th 08, 05:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Y?

I expect you all remember me taking my knitting to the pub, when I went, but
in the end, it stank of smoke, so didn't bother again, Obviously I couldn't
take it when working, but sometimes if I went up with DH I used to take sock
knitting or something...but now I can't be bothered to go up there... I'd
rather stay here, I don't drink and if there isn't any entertainment on, I
feel bored just sat there. Could take my knitting back now as smoking isn't
allowed in pubs....

lol Cher

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

"Olwyn Mary" wrote in message
.. .
Y? wrote:
Oh I can imagine Mirjam, lol. I used to knit at the doctors when the
children had to go for one thing or another, now us UK'ers don't do
enough knitting in public,

Well, I am originally from the UK, and I ALWAYS take something to do -
knitting, crochet, embroidery - when I am going to the doctor, dentist,
or, in the days when I had kids at home, also to their classes, games,
whathaveyou. I also take my work to ALL meetings and then, as I tell
people, at least SOMETHING gets accomplished.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.

I take a book. Always. The mags in such places are usually - how shall I
put it - not to my taste :-)

Spouse used to take his tatting, even took it to the pub. It proved a way
of attracting female attention but that wasn't the intention, he just
isn't sociable.

Mary

Old January 17th 08, 10:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"Y?" wrote in message
.uk...
I expect you all remember me taking my knitting to the pub, when I went,
but in the end, it stank of smoke, so didn't bother again, Obviously I
couldn't take it when working, but sometimes if I went up with DH I used to
take sock knitting or something...but now I can't be bothered to go up
there... I'd rather stay here, I don't drink and if there isn't any
entertainment on, I feel bored just sat there. Could take my knitting back
now as smoking isn't allowed in pubs....

lol Cher

The smoke and piped musack were why we stopped going to pubs. Now we're out
of the habit and don't want to go.

Or perhaps it's just old age :-)

Mary

Old January 17th 08, 10:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"Y?" wrote in message
o.uk...
Envirement friendly anyway if nothing else. A huge effort was made to
felt all the fleece and get it up no doubt.

No doubt. They have two young daughters - delightful children who can
entertain themselves, are helpful, happy, polite and intelligent and I've
never heard them whine or nag - so are building an 'extension' - another
yurt for a private bedroom but attached to the first.

They keep a few sheep for wool but being vegans would never eat them. I
think that's a waste but nobody's perfect :-)

Mary

Old January 17th 08, 06:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Y?

I can't be bothered, busmans holiday for me to go out to one, as a pub and
club entertainer for years, now I've decided to retire from this and go back
to nursing, I don't want to go in one for a drink, I don't mind going to
watch live music mind you, and will still do the odd gig, but I'm into
bigger gigs anyway now...

oh well p'raps I'm being snooty...

higz Cher

Old January 18th 08, 11:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"Y?" wrote in message
.uk...
I can't be bothered, busmans holiday for me to go out to one, as a pub and
club entertainer for years, now I've decided to retire from this and go
back to nursing, I don't want to go in one for a drink, I don't mind going
to watch live music mind you, and will still do the odd gig, but I'm into
bigger gigs anyway now...

oh well p'raps I'm being snooty...

Not at all :-)

Mary

higz Cher

Old January 18th 08, 11:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"Y?" wrote in message
.uk...
Sounds fun, and children only whine and nag, if they are given into all
the time..

Quite. Once they know it doesn't work they stop bothering.

But most parents seem to give in at the first wail.

Mary

higz cher
snip

Another Moebius Bernadette Yarn 6 April 1st 07 07:34 AM
Knitting a moebius. Bernadette Yarn 59 February 26th 07 10:48 PM
Moebius pictures Bernadette Yarn 11 February 25th 07 10:21 PM
The Original Moebius [email protected] Yarn 13 June 30th 06 07:25 AM
moebius? Karen in MN Yarn 19 August 24th 04 08:35 PM