another moebius question

Old January 14th 08, 06:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Olwyn Mary

Default another moebius question

Y? wrote:
Oh I can imagine Mirjam, lol. I used to knit at the doctors when the
children had to go for one thing or another, now us UK'ers don't do enough
knitting in public,

Well, I am originally from the UK, and I ALWAYS take something to do -
knitting, crochet, embroidery - when I am going to the doctor, dentist,
or, in the days when I had kids at home, also to their classes, games,
whathaveyou. I also take my work to ALL meetings and then, as I tell
people, at least SOMETHING gets accomplished.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.

Old January 14th 08, 07:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"Y?" wrote in message
.uk...
Oh I can imagine Mirjam, lol. I used to knit at the doctors when the
children had to go for one thing or another, now us UK'ers don't do enough
knitting in public, although one of my friends takes a spinning wheel and
other friends with their wheels onto an old steam train

There are very few of those ...

Mary

Old January 15th 08, 05:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

On Jan 14, 9:57*pm, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
"Y?" wrote in message

.uk...

Oh I can imagine Mirjam, *lol. *I used to knit at the doctors when the
children had to go for one thing or another, now us UK'ers don't do enough
knitting in public, *although one of my friends takes a spinning wheel and
other friends with their wheels onto an old steam train

There are very few of those ...

Mary

Moni started her question reffering us to photos of somebobdy with an
interesting cast on method
mirjam
Old January 15th 08, 09:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Y?

er? wheels or steam trains or spinning on steam trains??? lol

higz cher

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

"Y?" wrote in message
.uk...
Oh I can imagine Mirjam, lol. I used to knit at the doctors when the
children had to go for one thing or another, now us UK'ers don't do
enough knitting in public, although one of my friends takes a spinning

Old January 15th 08, 09:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Y?

Didn't get that one then Mirjam?
higz cher
snip

Old January 15th 08, 10:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"Y?" wrote in message
.uk...
er? wheels or steam trains or spinning on steam trains??? lol

higz cher

Steam trains.

Probably even fewer spinners on them :-)

Mary

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

.uk...

Old January 15th 08, 05:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Y?

well I only know of the steam trains that go from Dorset right through to
Devon, and thus through Wilts, and I know that during the beginning of the
tourist season, you'll be met with spinning wheels on it, there and back
again all day long over a period of a month they do this..

They are nutters.....making yurts or yerts etc and all the other batty stuff
they do..LOL

higz cher

Old January 16th 08, 11:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"Olwyn Mary" wrote in message
.. .
Y? wrote:
Oh I can imagine Mirjam, lol. I used to knit at the doctors when the
children had to go for one thing or another, now us UK'ers don't do
enough knitting in public,

Well, I am originally from the UK, and I ALWAYS take something to do -
knitting, crochet, embroidery - when I am going to the doctor, dentist,
or, in the days when I had kids at home, also to their classes, games,
whathaveyou. I also take my work to ALL meetings and then, as I tell
people, at least SOMETHING gets accomplished.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.

I take a book. Always. The mags in such places are usually - how shall I put
it - not to my taste :-)

Spouse used to take his tatting, even took it to the pub. It proved a way of
attracting female attention but that wasn't the intention, he just isn't
sociable.

Mary

Old January 16th 08, 11:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"Y?" wrote in message
.uk...
well I only know of the steam trains that go from Dorset right through to
Devon, and thus through Wilts, and I know that during the beginning of the
tourist season, you'll be met with spinning wheels on it, there and back
again all day long over a period of a month they do this..

They are nutters.....making yurts or yerts etc and all the other batty
stuff they do..LOL

OY! One of the nicest families I know lives in a yurt on a Scottish mountain
with no mains services. She earns a living making felted hats and mitts and
proper rush hats, he adds to the income by making wooden spoons with lumps
of wood and an axe.

Some might think they're batty, I think that they've got it right - for
them. They are happy.

Mary

Old January 16th 08, 04:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

... take my work to ALL meetings ... at least SOMETHING gets accomplished.

LOL And probably the only thing worthwhile!

Another Moebius Bernadette Yarn 6 April 1st 07 07:34 AM
Knitting a moebius. Bernadette Yarn 59 February 26th 07 10:48 PM
Moebius pictures Bernadette Yarn 11 February 25th 07 10:21 PM
The Original Moebius [email protected] Yarn 13 June 30th 06 07:25 AM
moebius? Karen in MN Yarn 19 August 24th 04 08:35 PM