moebious as lovely as ever

Old January 11th 08, 02:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

Default moebious as lovely as ever

On Jan 10, 7:01*am, suzee wrote:
wrote:
On Jan 8, 8:16 pm, suzee wrote:
suzee wrote:
wrote:
On Jan 8, 5:57 am, suzee wrote:
Y? wrote:
"suzee" wrote in message
.readfreenews.net...
Y? wrote:
"suzee" wrote in message
ow.readfreenews.net...
Y? wrote:
Hi Mirjam
yes this is what I am doing, using another circ so that I can knit a
few stitches, then transferring them onto the working circular....takes
a couple of rounds before I can get going...lol.
I did try casting on with waste yarn and then knitting a round with the
main yarn, and picking up the main loop from the waste yarn, on the
next bottom round, but that was as bad.. transferring is alot easier..
I do cast on loosely too, so I think it's the main tipped bits that are
too long..
Why transfer the sts? Just continue using the 2nd circular, it works a
lot better.
OK *thnx Suzee *wondered if you could transfer from one circ to
another one half way through it...
higz cher
When I first did some, I didn't know Cat Bordhi's Moebius CO, so just
picked up stitches from the `bottom' of a regular CO and it was hard
going. I used a 2nd cir for that 2nd half and for several more rounds and
then just used one. However, later on, when I wanted to see how big it was
getting and how it was turning out, I knit with the 2nd one again. If you
have the same size, no need to transfer stitches, just knit with the other
one too.
* Hi Suzee, I think I see what you mean, do you mean so that you then
have two circs going into one scarf
* higz Cher
Yep, you knit halfway around with one, then take the tail of the left
hand needle and start knitting with it, until the stitches are gone from
it, then repeat. Have you never done knitting with 2 circulars before?
sue- Hide quoted text -
Went top look at this Very nice site you posted with the great pics on
how to make a Moebious , but i still don`t see the point in the Waste
thread ???? also , having made a few moebiouses over time i don`t see
where she casts on the other side`s stitches ,,,,But i think people
sjould try and see which method works for them ,,,,,,mirjam
Sorry I didn't look at it closely. There is no point in using waste
yarn, just start with the yarn you're going to knit the whole piece
with. I use the cord of the circular instead of waste yarn. By dipping
the right needle back and forth over the cord, you pick up yarn that
ends up wrapped around the cord. You don't have to cast on the `other
side', they're all there. After you have your stitches on, then you
begin knitting; some of the stitches will be seated the `correct' way,
some will have the back leg in front. Knit them all in the front leg and
by the time you've got the first round done, they make a moebius. It
does sorta work like magic...
Here's a video clip of how you do the Cast on - runs on Windows media
player -http://www.stanford.edu/group/knitwit/MVI_mobieus1.AVI

sue- Hide quoted text -

Sue and All
after trying this cast on a cord , i think i stick to my `older` way
which works so neatly for me .....
*as i feel we all can do what fits us ,,, i will go on exploring new
patterns for use on the moebious , but i feel better knitting on my
stitiches ..
mirjam

That's fine. We all do what works best for us, and that's usually what
we're familiar with.

sue- Hide quoted text -

Not that i don`t dare to change , somehow i feel so good with the way
i do it , that i don`t feel i can do something that looks
complicated ......
All my life i tried to make thingseasier not harder ..
mirjam
Old January 11th 08, 04:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
suzee

wrote:
On Jan 10, 7:01 am, suzee wrote:
wrote:
On Jan 8, 8:16 pm, suzee wrote:
suzee wrote:
wrote:
On Jan 8, 5:57 am, suzee wrote:
Y? wrote:
"suzee" wrote in message
reenews.net...
Y? wrote:
"suzee" wrote in message
reenews.net...
Y? wrote:
[...]

Oh no, I didn't mean we shouldn't change. I like to try out new
techniques and if one that other people think is great doesn't work for
me, I stick with what I know.

sue
Old January 12th 08, 04:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

On Jan 11, 6:42*pm, suzee wrote:
wrote:
On Jan 10, 7:01 am, suzee wrote:
wrote:
On Jan 8, 8:16 pm, suzee wrote:
suzee wrote:
wrote:
On Jan 8, 5:57 am, suzee wrote:
Y? wrote:
"suzee" wrote in message
ow.readfreenews.net...
Y? wrote:
"suzee" wrote in message
llow.readfreenews.net...
Y? wrote:
[...]

I try the new things the new tastes but sometines it isn`t right for
me !!!
mirjam
Old January 12th 08, 01:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Y?

I think alot of us are like this Mirjam, it's like trying to knit
lefthanded if you are righthanded, some can swap and do things in a trice,
and others find it feels very weird and odd.

I'm like this too, oh and I've just found a larger, fatter but shorter
needled circ and done another moebious, much better the circ is longer and
the needle points are shorter so much easier to work with...

Tried beads, didn't like them...lol love beads but not on the moebious or
any scarves .. see not me afterall..lol

higz Cher

Old January 12th 08, 03:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
suzee

Y? wrote:
I think alot of us are like this Mirjam, it's like trying to knit
lefthanded if you are righthanded, some can swap and do things in a trice,
and others find it feels very weird and odd.

I'm like this too, oh and I've just found a larger, fatter but shorter
needled circ and done another moebious, much better the circ is longer and
the needle points are shorter so much easier to work with...

Tried beads, didn't like them...lol love beads but not on the moebious or
any scarves .. see not me afterall..lol

Beads look pretty, but also too fiddly so I'm not even tempted to try.
Besides I don't use needles that small generally. Good thing there's so
many variations on knitting; there's something for all of us to try.

sue
Old January 13th 08, 10:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Y?

I don't mind using the beads Sue, but not on a scarf or in this case
moebious, as they would get in the way, as I would want to incorporate them
into the fringe, so that they dangle, rather than sewn onto the round
itself, if you know what I mean..

I like learning all sorts of things and different idea's, exploring the
various avenues open to me.. just so's I know how to do it.

Knitting on circs, well I don't tend to do this alot either, only hats and
some socks etc so although I know how to knit on them, it's not something
that is the main for me.. Whereas a friend of mine only ever knits using
circs, sweaters the lot, and I don't think she owns many straight pins...lol

higz Cher
"suzee" wrote in message
reenews.net...

Old January 13th 08, 04:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
suzee

Y? wrote:
I don't mind using the beads Sue, but not on a scarf or in this case
moebious, as they would get in the way, as I would want to incorporate them
into the fringe, so that they dangle, rather than sewn onto the round
itself, if you know what I mean..

I like learning all sorts of things and different idea's, exploring the
various avenues open to me.. just so's I know how to do it.

Knitting on circs, well I don't tend to do this alot either, only hats and
some socks etc so although I know how to knit on them, it's not something
that is the main for me.. Whereas a friend of mine only ever knits using
circs, sweaters the lot, and I don't think she owns many straight pins...lol

I don't use my few straight one anymore except maybe for stitch holders.
Once I started using circs, any needle longer than 6 inches was too
cumbersome to deal with. With circs you can knit a large object like a
shawl or blanket and the stitches won't fall off.

sue
Old January 13th 08, 10:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Y?

Well, see as yet I've tried and not gotten used to that, as the stitches on
the cord, seem sort of floppy...lol well they are, and I'm used to longer
needles or the machine.

higz cher

"suzee" wrote in message
reenews.net...

Moebious Chapala Cheryl Yarn 9 March 22nd 07 05:50 PM
a *moebious* thread Carol In WI Yarn 1 March 18th 07 02:34 AM
Moebious done! Hurray!! Aud Yarn 5 February 12th 07 05:41 AM
Moebious Why and my method Mirjam Bruck-Cohen Yarn 0 January 24th 06 10:14 PM
Moebious hat ,,instructions Mirjam Bruck-Cohen Yarn 14 November 23rd 05 11:14 PM