OT - Last PT! Woo Woo

Old August 17th 06, 04:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Boca Jan

Default OT - Last PT! Woo Woo

I am happy to report that Friday is my last physical therapy after knee
surgery. I am excited - it took so much of my time. I can now spend some
more time conversing with all you wonderful ladies again.

--
Boca Jan
Florida - Land of the Hurricanes

Old August 17th 06, 04:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cindy Schmidt

Congrats Jan. Waiting for that day myself. Well for my DD anyway. Two
elbow surgeries this year. Should only have a couple more weeks to go.

--
Cindy from MO

Old August 17th 06, 07:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Well done! you survived it!
..
In message , Boca Jan
writes
I am happy to report that Friday is my last physical therapy after knee
surgery. I am excited - it took so much of my time. I can now spend some
more time conversing with all you wonderful ladies again.

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old August 17th 06, 10:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate Dicey

Boca Jan wrote:

I am happy to report that Friday is my last physical therapy after knee
surgery. I am excited - it took so much of my time. I can now spend some
more time conversing with all you wonderful ladies again.

And is the new knee up to spec? Can you dance on it yet? My pal Julie
says she can dance on hers, but they need to cure the back and opposite
foot problems to stop her falling over!

Glad for you that The End Is Nigh!

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old August 17th 06, 05:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"Boca Jan" wrote:

I am happy to report that Friday is my last physical therapy after knee
surgery. I am excited - it took so much of my time. I can now spend some
more time conversing with all you wonderful ladies again.

Woohoo! It's good to hear that you're doing so well, Jan.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old August 17th 06, 08:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
TerriLee in WA

Excellent news, dear!! I know I was happy when my back surgery PT was over,
so I can relate!!
--
TerriLee in WA (state)
remove the cats to reply

Old August 17th 06, 09:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jacqueline

"Boca Jan" wrote:
I am happy to report that Friday is my last physical therapy after knee
surgery. I am excited - it took so much of my time. I can now spend some
more time conversing with all you wonderful ladies again.

Jan, Just as you end your's for your knee, I start mine for my knee.
I start this Friday in PT to see if it will help my knee enough that I
do not have to have surgery. I don't know your age and that is not
important but I feel I am too young for a knee replacement and so does
the doctor, but since I fell down steps and injuried it, it could very
well be necessary. I pray not.

I am glad for you that you are are doing all better.

Jacqueline
http://www.mountain-breeze.com
Recipes and other fun things
Old August 18th 06, 11:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Boca Jan

I have found that my bad knee is better then my good knee in a lot of
things. I spend the time to exercise both of them.

Yes, I can dance! WOO WOO. I can swim great. I haven't tried running yet,
but that is on my list of things to try after my final Dr's visit in 2
weeks.

I want to thank you all for your support and encouragement. Yes, at first
the PT was horrible. OW OW OW, but the good news is, whenever I worked
through the pain with a certain move, it was much easier the next time I did
it.

I wish I had done it sooner, but I am glad that I did not do it
later.....LOL

Old August 18th 06, 11:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Boca Jan

I did not have a knee replacement, but an ACL replacement. That is the
Anterior (something) ligament that works with the PCL to keep your knee
together and able to let you bend and move without wobbling or falling.

I got a cadavar ligament. Since there is no blood or nerves in a ligament,
there is none of the worry about a transplant being rejected. Your body just
grows tissue over it (which is why you have to exercise it to keep it
moving). My ligament tore from a fall, tore more from more falls, until I
barely had anything holding. If the doctor suggests the ACL surgery, don't
be afraid....it is easy to recover from, much easier then a knee
replacement.

Boca Jan

Old August 19th 06, 12:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate Dicey

Boca Jan wrote:

I wish I had done it sooner, but I am glad that I did not do it
later.....LOL

Fil said the same! His knee now takes him for mile long walks every
day. Not bad for 87!