My plans for today

Old November 13th 08, 11:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default My plans for today

Is to get the handful of groceries I need, hit the PO with some mail that
needs to be weighed, get through the laundry, vacuum and then find time to
either organize stash or otherwise "clean up" my stash.

And then, tonight, while the boys are at a hockey party (team only), I'm
going to stitch. Don't know which project, but I'm going to stitch.

In the grand clean out of DD's room, I have another pile to go the thrift
store, though a friend of DD's might get the nicer stuff. And more books for
the library sale room. (Though my read aloud favorites will be put away for
grandkids.)

Regards.

Cheryl

Old November 13th 08, 12:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 11/13/08 6:58 AM, in article ,
"lucretia borgia" wrote:

On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 06:42:46 -0500, Cheryl Isaak
opined:

Is to get the handful of groceries I need, hit the PO with some mail that
needs to be weighed, get through the laundry, vacuum and then find time to
either organize stash or otherwise "clean up" my stash.

And then, tonight, while the boys are at a hockey party (team only), I'm
going to stitch. Don't know which project, but I'm going to stitch.

In the grand clean out of DD's room, I have another pile to go the thrift
store, though a friend of DD's might get the nicer stuff. And more books for
the library sale room. (Though my read aloud favorites will be put away for
grandkids.)

Regards.

Cheryl

Well enjoy your nice, lazy day !

It won't be "lazy". I think I'll get another load of laundry started and
then do the out of the house things. Forgot to add the library trip in
there.(reminder to self - go pack books into bag before DD's bus) Have to
drop off a ton of books and hope that Jen, my favorite reference librarian
is in. I just couldn't ask cute little David to find a really funny, but
smutty series for me on ILL. (Yasmine Galenorn)

The grocery list has grown - aside from the soda for DS's party, he's out of
his "juices" (V*8 Fruit Fusion and cranberry juice). Oh and we're short on
power bars already and all the nuts are gone.

I have to get some groceries and then I am going to forge on with
knitting the second capelet, identical to the one I finished and took
for my aunt. Her ex-cleaning lady was visiting and loved it to death,
so what could I do but knit one for her, she has ovarian cancer and
things do not look too bright for her. Trouble is, I loathe knitting
that sort of lacy pattern twice, so I am making myself do it as
quickly as possible. I think I put a pic of the original one on
rctnp - the wool is local, locally spun, locally hand-dyed and
partially silk, very nice to feel, light but warm. I had to buy a
little more wool for this one and the only thing suitable was some
wool from Uruquay, so it's very international now.

Meant to ask you for the pattern for that. The latest issue of Needle
Pulling Thread has a really cute shawl that looks like it would work up
quickly if I could find the right yarn for me. Or better, a fun yarn and
make it for my cousin. But first I have to finish DD's glow in the dark
scarf. (yes, it glows, but it is hard on my hands - sort of itches).

Cheryl

Old November 13th 08, 01:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille[_3_]

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
Is to get the handful of groceries I need, hit the PO with some mail that
needs to be weighed, get through the laundry, vacuum and then find time
either organize stash or otherwise "clean up" my stash.

And then, tonight, while the boys are at a hockey party (team only), I'm
going to stitch. Don't know which project, but I'm going to stitch.

In the grand clean out of DD's room, I have another pile to go the thrift
store, though a friend of DD's might get the nicer stuff. And more books
for
the library sale room. (Though my read aloud favorites will be put away
for
grandkids.)

Regards.

Cheryl

I'm prepared for a rather boring day. First I have an appointment with my
doctor for my yearly checkup. Oops, I shouldn't talk about health here
should I ??? From there it's off to the market to pick up some
groceries.

After that I'll come home and think about getting the ironing done. Or
maybe I'll just discipline myself enough to work on the finishing for the
Oriental Fan. I so want to finish that and get on to the next, more fun
project. But there's also the book I started that looks not bad.

So much to do and so little time to do it.

Lucille

Old November 13th 08, 01:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

Lucille wrote:

I'm prepared for a rather boring day. First I have an appointment with my
doctor for my yearly checkup. Oops, I shouldn't talk about health here
should I ??? From there it's off to the market to pick up some
groceries.

After that I'll come home and think about getting the ironing done. Or
maybe I'll just discipline myself enough to work on the finishing for the
Oriental Fan. I so want to finish that and get on to the next, more fun
project. But there's also the book I started that looks not bad.

So much to do and so little time to do it.

Lucille

I have nothing very exciting for today...this afternoon is the annual
boobie-squeeze, but I promise I won't bore you with any further reports
on that!

Otherwise, since the housekeeper came yesterday, and all is clean, I
think I will work on getting the RV cleaned for a three day outing next
week. We will have a "box" dinner tonight...all those funny little boxes
of leftovers will be heated up so the frig will be somewhat clean.

As well as that, I want to go through the 500% cluttered mess in the
spare room, so that when my new room is painted and ready, I can move
into it.

There, that should take me up to Christmas!

Maybe I can stitch a bit too, but can definitely work on DGS's stadium
blanket while TV is on this evening!

Gill
Old November 13th 08, 01:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
anne

I'm gonna take a shower and later go to the library. For maybe the third time
in my life, I'm not going to finish a book I've started. It's deadly dull
despite having a cute title "Don't Hex with Texas". I'll dump a bunch of stuff
at the recycling center on the way home. There was a story about recycling
efforts in a small town not far from here -- they weren't going to accept
plastic any more because the companies they sold it to were able to get new
materials cheaper.

I may take a nap

I will work on the Berlin dragonfly ... doing the two trellises so they
intersected properly was such a bitch (such a good word) that after 3 attempts,
I finally said what the h and fudged a bit.

--
another anne, add ingers to reply
Old November 13th 08, 02:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default Take two My plans for today

All right, I've found the jersey, all the books, none of the CD's and all
the stuff to go in the mail. And the coupons and the bags...

I will not go play "Who's the Expert" again.....

Old November 13th 08, 02:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lewmew

..I am home for Day 2 getting over a stomach bug - enough details right
there LOL.

I hope that, after my morning nap, I can shower, clean up the bedroom
and maybe take the dog around the park once this aftrnoon. I aslo
need to work on the model stitching I am doing, but have been too busy
early in the week and now too headachy too pick up a needle.

Cheryl, I doubt any of us would ever think you are lazy - you and I
are often in the same boat - get here, there, everywhere and pick up
the dry cleaning too. I am fortunate to have a DH who goes to work at
the crack of dawn so he can get home in time to feed the kids early
enough for them to have food before practice - otherwise we'd be
eating a lot of McDonalds! The kids can cook, but don't like to/want
to/have homework. Sigh.

Linda
Old November 13th 08, 03:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
F.James Cripwell

The executive of the Ottawa Valley Guild of Stitchery is meeting at my
house tonight,(I am the treasurer), so I have cleaned the house. Soon I
am off to buy some goodies to eat after the meeting, probably grapes and
cookies. Next January, the Seville oranges will be around, and my recipe
for marmalade calls for grapefruit and lemons as well. These I can prepare
anytime and freeze them. Tomorrow the weather looks to be real yucky, so I
will buy some grapefruit, and use tomorrow to get them ready. And in
between, I can watch the news (price of oil, stockmarkets etc), and do a
little stitching on my waterlily. Well, it keeps me out of mischief!
Old November 13th 08, 04:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dawne Peterson

I have done nothing this morning--well, except visiting with all y'all right
now. I go in to work at the bookstore at 3 pm, and work until 10:30, so I
hope the freezing rain and sleet we have been having the last few nights
holds off until I get home tonight. I look forward to seeing the full moon
tonight, and, if it is not raining, might even put the top down on the car
for the short drive home.

I have deciding that colouring in the lines still suits me as a stitching
activity, so today I want to transfer a couple of really retro days of the
week type patterns to some Martha Stewart flour sack towels I bought on
sale. I have a new position at work, which will entail some widely variable
hours. Don't know about you, but when I come home after a late shift (and I
will have some ending as late as midnight when Christmas hours kick in), the
brain is not ready to shut down? Sometimes it is working too fast to focus
on reading, so some really basic stitching might be part of the answer.

So, off to a morning of puttering, some laundry, some basic throwing stuff
out, but nothing too strenuous because I fear I have a tonne of magazines to
shift tonight. I am hoping to get a schematic done so that other store
people don't inadvertantly undo all the hard work the magazine crew does.

And hey, Starbucks brings out their Christmas drinks and goodies tonight. I
am hoping their crew will be practising, since our crew are their usual
guinea pigs for trying out whether they have got the drinks right, since an
eggnog latte would really brighten my shift

Dawne