What kinds of "Charts To Try"?

Old November 3rd 08, 10:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
J. Howard Trenouth

Default What kinds of "Charts To Try"?

This is a separate thread from my "chart to try" thread posted Oct 28.

What kinds of charts/patterns/designs are people wanting to do, but are not
for some reason.
Looking for ideas for future chart designs for either individual charts or
book include.

Reasons such as:
Can't find designs with theme wanted, such as up close of
butterfly.
Wrong size of design, such as 8x10 wanted but only 2x3
available.
Poor details of pattern, where details in chart look blurred
when done.
Limited colour usage compared to actual painting.
Need lower case of alphabet font to do baby birth chart.
etc.

To give an idea of things that I have researched and have work patterns or
designs of.

Flags of all the world countries:
These can be done individually in a average size.
Mix of all or select flags placed as in a scrape book.
Border for old world map.

Family crests, from various region of the world:
Shield crest from England beside crest of Japanese
family.
Family crest chart, with crest and history of such.
etc.

Military medals, awards, ranks, group:
For a gift to military officer with their medals, group
emblem.

Family tree layouts. Birth record information. Marriage
record/certificate.
Historic timeline, with events noted. On this day chart; with costs when,
top 10
song/movies/item of date, and major events of day/year.

These are just a start of thoughts. Do any sound of interest? Do you have
anything
else of interest want to do? Only things I don't want to know of is of
themes that
promote hate crimes, race hate, etc., you know the stuff.

Thank you for your time to those that reply

J. Howard Trenouth
Blue Dragon Productions/Classics

Old November 4th 08, 02:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

I would like to see Patterns of unusual things ,
Not something i can find on another book or site
mirjam
Old November 4th 08, 03:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lewmew

On Nov 3, 4:03*pm, "J. Howard Trenouth"
wrote:
[...]

Lots of these exist already, so probably not.

Family crests, from various region of the world:
* * * * * * * * * * Shield crest from England beside crest of Japanese
family.
* * * * * * * * * * Family crest chart, with crest and history of such.
* * * * * * * * * * etc.

There are some who may be interested in this, but many people choose
genealogy as a hobby v stitching

Military medals, awards, ranks, group:
* * * * * * * * * * For a gift to military officer with their medals, group
emblem.

Again, a lot of this exists if you look for it

Family tree layouts. *Birth record information. *Marriage
record/certificate.
Historic timeline, with events noted. * On this day chart; with costs when,
top 10
song/movies/item of date, and major events of day/year.

I don't really like lots of words - I would rather create a picture or
design (geometrics)

Like Mirjam, something different. We have enough puppies, kittens,
florals,landscapes.

Currently we are in something of a retro phase - you might check out
some of the indie blogs and/or craftgossip.com to see what people are
looking for. Lots of edgy stuff, tattoo art, anime, Asian influence,
40s/50s type design,

HTH!

Linda
Old November 4th 08, 08:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
J. Howard Trenouth

Unusual things?
As in what kind of unusual.

Space Alien, UFO unusual?
Or
Art Deco, Free-Style, or Modernism artwork unusual?

J.H.T.

Old November 4th 08, 09:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
J. Howard Trenouth

Thank you for your reply.

The LIST are things to only help get some people started thinking.

As I said I have been researching and have done some myself, and
not finding what I myself wanted started to do my own. I wanted
a special design to give a personal gift to a friend that helped me
during my trips to the cancer centre in another city since 2005.
This was also the person that got me started doing cross-stitch.

As for reading blogs and such, I have found that most are of charts
that people have seen somewhere and are now looking for them
since they didn't get it when they saw it. I wanted replies of patterns
that they had not seen but wanted to try.

NOTE For any one else replying. The kind of answers that I was looking
for, out of all your reply was in the last sentence of your last paragraph.

J.H.T.

Old November 4th 08, 09:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

wrote:

What kinds of charts/patterns/designs are people wanting to do, but are not
for some reason.
Looking for ideas for future chart designs for either individual charts or
book include.

Years ago on this group someone was lamenting the fact that there are
very few patterns that men would like. Our Jim started doing his own
of tastefully done nudes. Not that I'm suggesting that, but things
*men* would be interested in. Whether they stitch or not. I know
there are a few hunting/outdoors, airplane and car designs, but surely
there must be other things men are interested in.

Joan
Old November 4th 08, 11:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ericka

wrote:

What kinds of charts/patterns/designs are people wanting to do, but are not
for some reason.
Looking for ideas for future chart designs for either individual charts or
book include.

Years ago on this group someone was lamenting the fact that there are
very few patterns that men would like. Our Jim started doing his own
of tastefully done nudes. Not that I'm suggesting that, but things
*men* would be interested in. Whether they stitch or not. I know
there are a few hunting/outdoors, airplane and car designs, but surely
there must be other things men are interested in.

Speaking of, I'd love to see something for male
ballet dancers. It would be very, very tricky to satisfy
me, though! I prefer designs that are not at all cutesy,
and usually like things that are more sampler-ish than
representational. And if I were to do it for one of my
boys, it would have to be just right to appeal to them--
something subtle and manly. I'm not even sure what would
fit the bill, but by and larger there's next to nothing
out there for the male dancer, particularly the male ballet
dancer. I think I've only run across one or two, and neither
were appealing to me at all. Of course, the market would
likely be so limited and idiosyncratic that it probably
wouldn't pay :-( I think it would be great if this
design came in a male version:

http://www.puntiantichi.com/site/mod....php?itemid=12

Male ballet dancers have to sew, too (elastics, mostly, rather
than ribbons, but still...).

Best wishes,
Ericka
Old November 5th 08, 03:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C in California

Joan E. wrote:

I know
there are a few hunting/outdoors, airplane and car designs, but surely
there must be other things men are interested in.

Beer, Joan, you forgot beer.

Tools -- why is there not a nice collage of hammers, screwdrivers,
pliers, saws, drills, etc. for above the workbench? Ask nicely and I'm
sure Fred will send you detailed photos of his immense collection.
Interchangeable slogans of "My workshop", "Dad's Shop", "Hubby's Shop",
"Top Woodworker's Shop"....

Will call DBF and see what he can add to the list.

--
Karen C - California
Editor/Proofreader www.IntlProofingConsortium.com

Finished 10/7/08 - Sun Fun (Dimensions)

WIP: Nativity from "Countdown to Christmas" book, Oriental Kimono
(Janlynn),
MLI The Teacher (gift to the library), Bethany Angel (Marbek)
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel, MLI Farmers Market

CFSfacts -- where we give you the facts and dispel the myths
Myths, with research cites: http://www.aacfs.org/images/pdfs/myths.pdf
Newest research blog: http://cfs-facts.blogspot.com/
Old November 5th 08, 08:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C in California

DBF, verbatim,
"Hunting scenes, fishing scenes, fish jumping, deer standing in grove,
wildlife stuff, sports stuff, beer things, things like ducks flying off
the water"

With a little more thought, he added boats, lighthouses, cars, trees...

"Pick up any wildlife picture book and you'll find some wonderful
things. Or a sporting goods catalogue."

Old November 5th 08, 04:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

On Nov 4, 4:43*pm, lucretia borgia wrote:
On Tue, 4 Nov 2008 13:57:53 -0800 (PST), "Joan E."
opined:
but surely there must be other things men are interested in.

Did you actually say that Joan ???

LOL! Now, you *know* I didn't mean it (or even think it) that way!

Joan