[crossposted] Get you views heard!

Old July 11th 08, 09:04 PM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Olwyn Mary

Default [crossposted] Get you views heard!

BEI Design wrote:
TSWLTH is asking for opinions about REAL sewing from real
people who REALLY sew! Take the survey, don't let the first
question on the second(?) page throw you, you have to enter
a *different* ranking for each category:

http://www.joann-mail.com/r2/r4.asp?...&i=J08225S1009

Maybe with enough input from *real sewists* the fabric
selection will be increased and the craft division will be
reduced. Yeah, right, well I can dream can't I? ;-}

Beverly

I didn't see any place where I could tell them that I actually make
wearable garments.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans
Old July 12th 08, 12:26 AM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
IMS[_4_]

On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 13:12:14 -0700, "BEI Design"
wrote:

Olwyn Mary wrote:
BEI Design wrote:

snip
I didn't see any place where I could tell them that I
actually make wearable garments.

I am unable to go back and look at the survey, but as I
recall there was a question about the "kind" of sewing one
does, and it offered several options.

Beverly

Yes, there was a section on the type of sewing you do. I got the
email earlier about the survey and took it right away. That first bit
(where you have to rank each item) threw me for a bit

0Irene
Old July 12th 08, 12:27 AM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
I.E.Z.

"BEI Design" wrote in message
news
Olwyn Mary wrote:
BEI Design wrote:

snip
I didn't see any place where I could tell them that I
actually make wearable garments.

I am unable to go back and look at the survey, but as I recall there was a
question about the "kind" of sewing one does, and it offered several
options.

Beverly

Are there different surveys or something? I took it and I was disappointed
because it was so limited. It asked when I last bought a sewing machine and
what kind of other crafts I did and I listed quilting. I don't remember a
question about what kind of sewing I did, or what I wanted to see in the
store. The survey was awfully short and mostly was demographic
information. I was hoping for a comments section. Did I miss a page
somehow?

Iris

Old July 12th 08, 12:52 AM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
IEZ

Default Surveys Differ! (was:[crossposted] Get you views heard!)

"I.E.Z." wrote in message

"BEI Design" wrote in message
news
Olwyn Mary wrote:
BEI Design wrote:

snip
I didn't see any place where I could tell them that I
actually make wearable garments.

I am unable to go back and look at the survey, but as I recall there was
a question about the "kind" of sewing one does, and it offered several
options.

Beverly

Are there different surveys or something? I took it and I was
disappointed because it was so limited. It asked when I last bought a
sewing machine and what kind of other crafts I did and I listed quilting.
I don't remember a question about what kind of sewing I did, or what I
wanted to see in the store. The survey was awfully short and mostly was
demographic information. I was hoping for a comments section. Did I
miss a page somehow?

Iris

AH HA!!! Adding to my post above- now I get it. The length of the survey
hinges on your answer to the first question - if you haven't bought a sewing
machine in the last year, they don't much care what you do with it. My last
machine was purchased two years ago, so I answered that I had not bought a
machine in the last year. The rest of the survey in that case was very
short. They just asked what other crafts you do and the demographic
information.

I clicked on the survey link in Beverly's post once, again said I hadn't
bought a machine in the past year and again got the abbreviated survey I had
the first time. I had a hunch that first question might be the key, but the
website wouldn't let me take the survey again on the upstairs computer, so I
came downstairs and clicked the link from my laptop. This time I (shame on
me!) said I HAD bought a machine in the last year. This time I got the full
monty of questions about what and how much you sew, etc.

So there's the answer to the mystery - not everyone gets the same survey,
and it's mostly designed to find out what sells machines (at least in the
last year!)

Iris

Old July 13th 08, 08:52 AM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
[email protected]

On Jul 12, 2:52*am, "IEZ" wrote:
"I.E.Z." wrote in message

"BEI Design" wrote in message
news
Olwyn Mary wrote:
BEI Design wrote:
snip
[...]

Iris- Hide quoted text -

I assume this survey is only relevant for USA , Here [ In Israel ]
things are a bit different, i usually find mt threads etc in a shop in
my neighbourhood , but in order to find cloth and `gadgets ` i have to
go to mid town [ where i am any way twice a week for other reasons] ,,
Since not everything published in mags is available here i just have a
habit of touring the vaeious shops from time to time, and find new
`things` !!!
I am sewing mostly skirts , shirts and dresses for me , i do a lot of
recycling my own clothes , I also sew part of my Fiberart.
mirjam
www.fibersiv.israel.net
Old July 18th 08, 05:08 AM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
cycjec

In alt.sewing BEI Design wrote:
TSWLTH is asking for opinions about REAL sewing from real
people who REALLY sew!

Oh. Do I "really sew" Depends on definitions.

Old July 18th 08, 05:24 AM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Pogonip[_2_]

BEI Design wrote:
Olwyn Mary wrote:
BEI Design wrote:

snip
I didn't see any place where I could tell them that I
actually make wearable garments.

I am unable to go back and look at the survey, but as I
recall there was a question about the "kind" of sewing one
does, and it offered several options.

Beverly

Thanks to the tips here, I put that I had bought a machine in the past
two years -- I did, but it was a very old machine - and got the extra
questions. I have a feeling that I may have skewed the results a bit -
listing all the brands of machines that I have..... hehehe
--
Joanne
stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us.earth.milky-way.com
Old July 18th 08, 05:46 AM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
cycjec

Default Surveys Differ!

In alt.sewing IEZ wrote:
AH HA!!! Adding to my post above- now I get it. The length of the survey
hinges on your answer to the first question - if you haven't bought a sewing
machine in the last year, they don't much care what you do with it.

Sewing machines are *durable goods*. So those immensely desirous
of seeing a lot of survey questions must aver a recent purchase of
same.

So there's the answer to the mystery - not everyone gets the same survey,
and it's mostly designed to find out what sells machines (at least in the
last year!)

Maybe I'll skip it altogether bc us lynxers get a big blank screen
with "Zoomerang" in one upper corner.

Am not going to bother forwarding info on this to the former
staff of TSWLTH of my acquintance.

OT Katrina Views OT Pat in Virginia Quilting 1 January 4th 06 10:16 PM
Your Views Required JLT Designs Needlework 5 May 4th 04 07:55 AM
Your Views are important Rachel Beads 4 February 14th 04 08:53 PM
Your Views are important Rachel Doll Houses 0 February 14th 04 11:29 AM
Your views are important Rachel Beads 6 February 13th 04 12:14 AM