Wallmart

Old October 7th 06, 02:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

Default Wallmart

Just came from home Wallmart. It is true, they are doing away with the
DMC floss. They now carry about 25-30 skeins of Anchor floss.I asked
the sales person and she said that the 20-to 30 colors were "ALL" they
were going to carry. I guess it's back to Michaels since my LNS
closed.

Amber in Northern Virginia
Old October 7th 06, 02:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille

wrote in message
Just came from home Wallmart. It is true, they are doing away with the
DMC floss. They now carry about 25-30 skeins of Anchor floss.I asked
the sales person and she said that the 20-to 30 colors were "ALL" they
were going to carry. I guess it's back to Michaels since my LNS
closed.

Amber in Northern Virginia

So far my Wal-Mart still has most of the colors and when I asked about any
change, they said they knew nothing about switching to Anchor.

We'll see if they just don't know or what. They now have only a very small
area for cross stitch materials and floss.

My LNS is in the process of closing too so I guess from now on, if I want
anything other than plain, vanilla floss, I'll have to order on line.

Lucille

Old October 7th 06, 04:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Walker Family

On Sat, 07 Oct 2006 01:26:26 GMT, wrote:
It is true, they are doing away with the
DMC floss. They now carry about 25-30 skeins of Anchor floss.I asked
the sales person and she said that the 20-to 30 colors were "ALL" they
were going to carry.
Amber in Northern Virginia

We have 2 local Wal Marts in my area. The one that has completed its
remodeling has a large fabric area and some other crafts including
DMC floss. The lady in charge said the other store that is remodeling
now will have a smaller fabric area but will carry different crafts.
Both stores have "some" of everything like scrapbooking, yarn, etc.
I think they plan to avoid excessive duplication within a 20 mile
area. I'm curious to see what happens when the second store finishes.

Our Hobby Lobby might as well be totally home decor. It is possibly
2/3 of the store area. Joanns has a teensy needlework area and way,
way too much plastic stuff unrelated to needlework. Kmart has taken
crafts out totally, returned some crafting supplies and now are again
revamping that area. Various other area stores have some yarn and
scrapbooking supplies. The only local speciality stores have pretty
much disappeared unless you make a long commute, thus they are no
longer local. I'm using the internet more and more these days. Moni

Old October 7th 06, 02:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
LizardGumbo

Donna wrote:

Which Walmart is this? I was just in the one in Sterling and the craft
dept. denies knowing anything, which is quite probably true. But that
doesn't mean it won't happen.

Mine denies it too, but I'm watching it like a hawk. When they put it
on clearance, color me there with a big shopping cart.

--
Elizabeth
Pop the bubbles to reply.

www.effervescentdesigns.com
Old October 7th 06, 11:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Liesch

Mine denies it too, but I'm watching it like a hawk. When they put it
on clearance, color me there with a big shopping cart.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but WalMart won't be putting DMC floss on sale
(at least not for awhile). As an individual store gets low on stock of DMC,
they are to send what is left to a central store in their area. One day
your local WalMart will have some DMC and the next they won't have any. If
you are lucky enough to live where their is a central store to collect the
DMC you will have it around for a bit longer, but don't expect much in the
way of selection.

Rita

Old October 8th 06, 04:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C - California

Liesch wrote:

Mine denies it too, but I'm watching it like a hawk. When they put it
on clearance, color me there with a big shopping cart.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but WalMart won't be putting DMC floss on sale
(at least not for awhile). As an individual store gets low on stock of DMC,
they are to send what is left to a central store in their area. One day
your local WalMart will have some DMC and the next they won't have any. If
you are lucky enough to live where their is a central store to collect the
DMC you will have it around for a bit longer, but don't expect much in the
way of selection.

Rita

Since the same "geniuses" at WalMart some years ago decided to eliminate
the lowest numbers of DMC on the theory that these were the oldest,
perhaps it is time for a mass letter-writing campaign to educate them
that 90% of XS patterns sold in the US are coded for DMC only. The
brand of blueline embroidery they sell has only DMC numbers printed on
the package. 310 DMC is not even close to 310 Anchor. They'll have a
whole lot of confused customers who will simply give up on trying to
convert and put the charts/bluelines back, and shop at Michaels/JoAnns
instead.

--

Karen C - California
www.CFSfacts.org where we give you the facts and dispel the myths

Finished 10/1/06 - Hats N Kats

WIP: baby and housewarming gifts, July birthstone, Flowers of
Hawaii (Jeanette Crews) for ME!!!
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel
LTR: Fireman's Prayer (#2), Amid Amish Life, Angel of Autumn,
Calif Sampler, Holiday Snowglobe

Editor/Proofreader www.KarenMCampbell.com
Design page http://www.KarenMCampbell.com/designs.html
Old October 8th 06, 05:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On 7 Oct 2006 06:40:15 -0700, "Donna" wrote:

wrote:
Just came from home Wallmart. It is true, they are doing away with the
DMC floss. They now carry about 25-30 skeins of Anchor floss.I asked
the sales person and she said that the 20-to 30 colors were "ALL" they
were going to carry. I guess it's back to Michaels since my LNS
closed.

Amber in Northern Virginia

Amber,

Which Walmart is this? I was just in the one in Sterling and the craft
dept. denies knowing anything, which is quite probably true. But that
doesn't mean it won't happen.

Donna in Virginia

Donna, It was the one in Woodbridge, very close to Potamic Mills