Just a Little S.E.X.

Old September 27th 06, 11:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

Default Just a Little S.E.X.

ellice wrote:

even the LNS owner just looks at me and says
"don't buy the overdyes - just check your stash - you must have something" .

LOL! She knows you well!

I've actually never stitched with silks, although I do have a couple of
freebie skeins from somewhere and a skein I bought at CATS in Vegas for
a Teeny Tweenie.

Not with the design - at least not on the chart I bought. Just has the
pretty picture and tells you to go to the site to print it out.

Glad I printed it out, then. I *really* like the little one!

ROFLMAO - when I think about the 6 projects I've got in the hopper right now
- not to mention the knitting stuff. I may not wait on this - as it's the
tiniest project I have and am itching to start immediately

I'd at least like to finish the baby blanket I'm working on and Fairy
Grandmother...all I have left of her is her bottom wings and the
beading. I can hardly wait until she's finished!

I found in the stash - the Crystal Waters from the 4 elements series - have
the fabric, the thread - all set to go...eventually.

Glad you found your stash! Y'know, I think that's one I have that I
bought a couple years ago, along with the thread pack!

I'm going to finish sorting out this thread now. I hope.

Have fun fondling.

Joan

Old September 28th 06, 12:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Brenda Lewis

Joan E. wrote:
I've actually never stitched with silks, although I do have a couple of
freebie skeins from somewhere and a skein I bought at CATS in Vegas for
a Teeny Tweenie.

What?! And you've actually shopped at Nordic Needle? How have you held
out so long? Try it now--if you wait 'til mid-winter, you'll have the
good ol' winter hands that will only make it a frustrating (and damaging
to the silk) experience unless you want to wear gloves while stitching.

--
Brenda
Help Project Gutenberg--become a Distributed Proofreader
Old September 28th 06, 02:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 9/27/06 6:22 PM, "Joan E." wrote:

ellice wrote:

even the LNS owner just looks at me and says
"don't buy the overdyes - just check your stash - you must have something" .

LOL! She knows you well!

Yup. Of course I was a customer for about 5 years before I started working
there - which may have influenced my stash growth - and worked in the shop
regularly for about 3 years. Now, I just fill in as needed, and am writing
a couple of canvas work classes - our prior regular instructor moved to NC.

I've actually never stitched with silks, although I do have a couple of
freebie skeins from somewhere and a skein I bought at CATS in Vegas for
a Teeny Tweenie.

Do one of your cute little motifs or something with them. Nice silks -
yummy. But, it is pricey so even frivolous me is a little choosy about what
gets done in silk - though honestly, I probably do a lot in silk. Anything
complicated seems to warrant it, and I use a fair amount in my mixed NP
projects.

I will say, that you may find using the silk that use of a laying tool will
be more evident than with floss. Just my opinion - I don't use a laying
tool all the time, but find I use one a lot when working with silks. And
thread heaven. Also - for me - who has dry skin - I constantly moisturize
my hands - hate when the silk catches. I just love the look and feel, so
savour using them.

Not with the design - at least not on the chart I bought. Just has the
pretty picture and tells you to go to the site to print it out.

Glad I printed it out, then. I *really* like the little one!

Me too - that was my deciding factor in buying the chart - then I realized
that I had to print it out. Silly me.

ROFLMAO - when I think about the 6 projects I've got in the hopper right now
- not to mention the knitting stuff. I may not wait on this - as it's the
tiniest project I have and am itching to start immediately

I'd at least like to finish the baby blanket I'm working on and Fairy
Grandmother...all I have left of her is her bottom wings and the
beading. I can hardly wait until she's finished!

Sounds lovely. I have to make 2 quilt blocks tomorrow - have to turn them
in on Saturday at G-Street - they're for the big Quilt Pink project. I may
make about 4 - depending. Have to be 12" blocks, and have some of this Moda
fabric - I found some really nice fabrics - so I'm planning to whip those up
tomorrow a.m.

I found in the stash - the Crystal Waters from the 4 elements series - have
the fabric, the thread - all set to go...eventually.

Glad you found your stash! Y'know, I think that's one I have that I
bought a couple years ago, along with the thread pack!

Well - there's a chance that we could do that one in synch! I bought that
one the first time Caryn and I went to her LNS in Manassas. So, it's been
hanging around for a while. Came with the accessories, but not the thread.

I'm going to finish sorting out this thread now. I hope.

Have fun fondling.

Thanks, I did. What fun. And I think I just really need to buy the
Waterlilies -'cause I think my skein is with something in the works and well
used. And maybe 1 of the silk mori beige colors - Don't want to do faces in
overdye that turns yellow and orange with the beige - kind of a weird look
that would have!

DH already gave the big sigh when I told him he needed to bring up the tubs
of stash - to the office/studio. Big sigh - as he's afraid I won't finish
the furniture staining/painting project. But, hey - it has to dry for about
2-3 hours between coats!

ellice

Joan

Old September 28th 06, 04:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

Brenda Lewis wrote:

What?! And you've actually shopped at Nordic Needle?

A number of times, since it's only 70 miles from me. I only get down
there maybe twice a year, if there's something I *have* to have or a
meeting to attend there.

How have you held out so long?

Not hard when I have 2 drawers of mostly yet-to-be-stitched designs!

Try it now--

Well, I'm certainly leaning that way. I'm usually a
one-project-at-a-time person but something this little might just find
its way into my hands. I do want to finish the Pooh blanket I'm
making, though, since the baby was born last month.

These are the two I got at CATS:
http://thesweethearttree.com/cgi-bin/detail.pl?SV-T87
http://thesweethearttree.com/cgi-bin/detail.pl?SV-T85 For this one I
got some purple/teal variegated silk to do the butterflies.

So many projects, so little time. sigh.

Joan

Old September 28th 06, 04:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 9/28/06 11:33 AM, "Joan E." wrote:

Brenda Lewis wrote:

What?! And you've actually shopped at Nordic Needle?

A number of times, since it's only 70 miles from me. I only get down
there maybe twice a year, if there's something I *have* to have or a
meeting to attend there.

See Brenda, some people have self-control vbg

How have you held out so long?

Not hard when I have 2 drawers of mostly yet-to-be-stitched designs!

I'm with Brenda - that silk must've been calling out to you...

Try it now--

Well, I'm certainly leaning that way. I'm usually a
one-project-at-a-time person but something this little might just find
its way into my hands. I do want to finish the Pooh blanket I'm
making, though, since the baby was born last month.

Heck - babies use blankies for years!

These are the two I got at CATS:
http://thesweethearttree.com/cgi-bin/detail.pl?SV-T87
http://thesweethearttree.com/cgi-bin/detail.pl?SV-T85 For this one I
got some purple/teal variegated silk to do the butterflies.

Love the Rhodes butterfly - it'll be lovely with the silk. You'll
definitely be wanting to use a laying tool (even just a big needle) with the
silk in a Rhodes like that - but it'll be worth it and gorgeous.

So many projects, so little time. sigh.

You said a mouthful there. Big sigh.

ellice

Old September 30th 06, 01:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

ellice wrote:

And just had to buy the "Summer Garden Sampler" 'cause, well - it's
different.

Well, you've gone and done it, Ellice! I was talking to DS#1 about an
hour ago and he told me he was going to Fargo. Soooooooooooooo, I
called NN and had them set aside SG & the acc. pack and Nate will pick
it up tomorrow.

WooHoo! Shopping by proxy!

Joan

Old September 30th 06, 06:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 9/29/06 8:06 PM, "Joan E." wrote:

ellice wrote:

And just had to buy the "Summer Garden Sampler" 'cause, well - it's
different.

Well, you've gone and done it, Ellice! I was talking to DS#1 about an
hour ago and he told me he was going to Fargo. Soooooooooooooo, I
called NN and had them set aside SG & the acc. pack and Nate will pick
it up tomorrow.

WooHoo! Shopping by proxy!

Joan

What fun for you. Yesterday I got to meet Donna. Amazingly - there she was
- easily identifiable as woman with great hair wearing the promised green -
stitching on black linen in the café at a Borders - with a pile of stitchee
& beading mags. I, of course, was late - as promised -coming from hair
place, and carting back with lots of silk stash, and the Summer Garden
Sampler.

What fun - we chatted (of course ever so nicely) and had a lovely floss toss
- on the table there. So, as a result - I swapped out 2 silks that I was
going to use, and Donna has forced me to realize that I have to go buy some
bright red silk for the strawberries. Oh, well. Darn, shopping. We both
decided that we didn't like the word on the sampler, so I'm going to add in
a couple of bands of something. We'll get to see the finished project soon -
I said I think I can get to it and have it finished this week.

And then of course, we both used our Borders coupons and bought - music.

Glad you're getting some shopping without having to spend more fuel. Just
don't get too frustrated picking apart the accessory pack - you'll need good
light to separate the flesh tones.

Woo hoo - shopping for all - especially as it's semi-miserable here - rainy
- and we're going to the Nats -Mets tonight - so I'll just dash to the LNS
and get me some red silk.

Happy stitchin'
ellice

Old October 2nd 06, 01:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna

ellice wrote:
On 9/29/06 8:06 PM, "Joan E." wrote:

[...]

It is so much fun to meet an online person in real life! Had a great
time with Ellice on Friday at Borders, and her hair looked absolutely
fabulous! What a great pile of silks she pulled out her bag as we
sorted through what she's going to use on the Summer Garden. Nothing
like a floss toss in a public place. I was too busy to notice if anyone
was looking at us funny...

Donna in Virginia

Old October 3rd 06, 12:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 10/2/06 8:20 AM, in article
, "Donna"
wrote:

ellice wrote:
On 9/29/06 8:06 PM, "Joan E." wrote:

[...]

Color me jealous! sounds like a great day

Cheryl

S.E.X glorious S.E.X.!!! Amber Needlework 2 April 15th 06 08:54 PM
S.E.X. and stuff Tina Quilting 20 February 8th 06 01:16 AM
Aviation and S.E.X. Mika Quilting 4 November 18th 05 06:39 AM
Joys of S.E.X!!! Mika Quilting 6 June 14th 04 06:29 AM
S.E.X. and 'other' things for the uninitiated. Noreen's Knit*che Yarn 15 December 5th 03 09:08 PM