Just a Little S.E.X.

Old September 26th 06, 06:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

Default Just a Little S.E.X.

Just sharing a bit. In the midst of a very hectic morning I ended up at the
LNS (where I occasionally work - though not lately) to talk about hockey tix
with the owner - of course. She just got in a shipment from The Victoria
Sampler (hadn't been carrying them for a while). So, I just had to look.

And just had to buy the "Summer Garden Sampler" 'cause, well - it's
different. Actually, it has some really interesting stitches that are a
little different - kloster blocks combined with double herringbone. And
it's really little - only 30 by 114 stitches. Bought some nice pale blue
cashel. The threads called for - an awful lot for one little sampler. All
silks. But, I'm going to rummage thru my stash of Waterlilies, GUM, and the
bundle of Gloriana that I bought to do the Spring Just Nan sampler. Too bad
that I found the Just Nan piece in it's little case (in process). Now, if I
could find the ring of silks - that would be good!

Just my fingers are itching to stitch, and everything else is a big project
right now. Sounds reasonable - right. Honestly - I thought this was kind
of different from many of the VS pieces that have the bands with hardanger
at the base. Hopefully I can find the box with my thread stash so I can get
this started - I can'r imagine it'll take too long.

Well, just wanted to share a bit - happy stitchin' all,
ellice

Old September 26th 06, 07:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Addie Otto

ellice wrote:
[...]

Oh, that one is really pretty!
http://www.victoriasampler.com/catal...mmerGarden.asp

Addie

--
My blog- http://uk.360.yahoo.com/addie_otto
My webshots album- http://community.webshots.com/user/inkorea2000
Old September 26th 06, 08:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 9/26/06 2:48 PM, in article lCeSg.27757$Lb5.25090@edtnps89, "Addie Otto"
wrote:

ellice wrote:
[...]

Addie (and Ellice),

I wasn't going to go a-googling. Then you had to post that link!
I NEED IT!

Cheryl

Old September 27th 06, 01:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna

ellice wrote:
Just sharing a bit. In the midst of a very hectic morning I ended up at the
LNS (where I occasionally work - though not lately) to talk about hockey tix
with the owner - of course. She just got in a shipment from The Victoria
Sampler (hadn't been carrying them for a while). So, I just had to look.

And just had to buy the "Summer Garden Sampler" 'cause, well - it's
different.

Darn. That's pretty. Add another one to the list of I don't need it,
but I want it.

I, too, stopped at a LNS yesterday. DS was supposed to be having a
x-country meet, but someone screwed up. I was halfway there when he
called, so I detoured to the Stitcher's Stash and only bought the JCS
ornament issue.

Someone has stitched the Houses of Hawks Hollow Run by Carriage House
Samplings on 40ct silk gauze. Mighty impressive.

Donna in Virginia

Old September 27th 06, 02:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 9/26/06 2:48 PM, "Addie Otto" wrote:

ellice wrote:

*snip*

[...]

Addie - thanks for putting up the link - I was thinking about that and then,
of course hit send...

Old September 27th 06, 02:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Sue

What LNS? I think from your posts you're in the MD/DC area. I know
about a big shop in Catonsville, and there's another, smaller one in
Laurel. SueW

Old September 27th 06, 02:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

wrote:

ellice wrote:
[...]

LOL - I did think of you when I saw it. Hmmm - we could have our own little
cyberclass. I really want to get started, and have been rummaging through
some rooms here looking for where the heck my stash with some WIP, and
mostly - the stash of all the silks is. I KNOW that I have plenty of silk
to do this, now, if only I could find it. DH did such a good job "cleaning"
before the huge dinner gathering on Sat, that some stuff is really buried.
He says "Hey, I warned you -we had a lot to do, and well, you left me on my
own." I'm really hoping they didn't move out to the garage - he has some
bizarre ideas of things that are okay living in the garage. Fortunately -
it's not too hot or cold or damp there, but....

Ellice - who really should go study for her pharm test and go take it

Old September 27th 06, 03:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 9/27/06 8:23 AM, "Donna" wrote:

ellice wrote:
Just sharing a bit. In the midst of a very hectic morning I ended up at the
LNS (where I occasionally work - though not lately) to talk about hockey tix
with the owner - of course. She just got in a shipment from The Victoria
Sampler (hadn't been carrying them for a while). So, I just had to look.

And just had to buy the "Summer Garden Sampler" 'cause, well - it's
different.

Darn. That's pretty. Add another one to the list of I don't need it,
but I want it.

Yup - that's what I thought. I think I could have resisted - except I can't
believe summer is officially over, and the stitching for the white cutwork
area looked really interesting. And it's little - so could really be
finished quickly - if I can ever find my silks.

I, too, stopped at a LNS yesterday. DS was supposed to be having a
x-country meet, but someone screwed up. I was halfway there when he
called, so I detoured to the Stitcher's Stash and only bought the JCS
ornament issue.

That's self-control.

Someone has stitched the Houses of Hawks Hollow Run by Carriage House
Samplings on 40ct silk gauze. Mighty impressive.

Donna in Virginia

That is impressive. I have some sweet little snow globe kit on 40 ct gauze -
I haven't felt brave enough to set it up yet - maybe in the winter - or
so...

ellice

Old September 27th 06, 04:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

ellice wrote:
And just had to buy the "Summer Garden Sampler" 'cause, well - it's
different.

Oh, that one is really pretty!
http://www.victoriasampler.com/catal...mmerGarden.asp

Addie

Addie (and Ellice),

I wasn't going to go a-googling. Then you had to post that link!
I NEED IT!

Oh, sure, *now* you post about this design!!! I was *just* at Nordic
Needle last Friday and couldn't find anything that called to me (except
I did pick up a pattern book for tatted Christmas ornament covers). I
started to wonder if something was wrong with me!!! Somehow I missed
the Victoria Sampler section! I saw the thread-packs but not the
patterns...wonder where they hid them?

I think I've fallen in love with Summer Garden and I even have some
green linen on hand. The pattern is a good price ($8.90) but the
thread-pack is $32! I don't have much for silk floss. Is this a
decent price for the thread-pack? Would it be cheaper buying my own
silk skeins?

I've printed the designs from Thea's site and am contemplating the rest
of the seasons...I like Spring for sure but not quite so sure about the
other two.

Has anyone done these on other colors of fabric? I was thinking of
putting them all on the same fabric and doing them together.... Ideas
appreciated!

Joan

Old September 27th 06, 06:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 9/27/06 11:59 AM, "Joan E." wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

ellice wrote:
[...]

Well, it wouldn't be cheaper for the project. But, if you're going to use
silks - well, then you'd have more. The project pack has a lot of 1 yd
cuts, and a 2 2-yd cuts, plus the 7yd skein of white. Hmmm - I just checked
the Kreinik site, the silk mori from them is $1.59/skein for 2.75 yds -
these are the 1/2 skein sizes (usually LNS have the 5m skeins for $3). I had
also bought a kit package of kreinik silk mori

http://www.kreinik.com./kshop/produc...&cat=27&page=1
http://www.kreinik.com/kshop/home.php?cat=71

You might be able to use the Cotage Colors collection - which seems to have
the correct colors. Or just buy the appropriate 1/2 skeins - which would
give you double the amount of the accessory pack, and leftovers.
I have the "remember the ladies" kit.

You can get the Au Ver a Soie/ Soie d'Alger for about $3-$4 in 5m skeins

I found this link - which has pix (they also carry Gloriana & Caron):
http://www.needlestack.com/WebStore/...oiedAlger.html

The Caron Waterlilies is usually somewhere around $6 .

So, I don't know what to say. Personally, since I do a lot of silks, I have
a good stash - especially as over time I've bought skeins when I only need a
bit. So, I save it carefully. And bought a huge stash of waterlilies at
one of the trade shows. And I'm certainly likely to do some substitution.

IME, the VS Accessory packs definitely have enough material. And, you have
what you need in one place. So, economically - the initial lay-out would
likely be a little less - the overall cost is a bit more per yard. I think
that overall the price sounds very reasonable for the accessory pack. It
does have enough to do the little freebie "bloom" which is really sweet.
But, what do I know - I'm the one with the missplaced stash ;^)

I've printed the designs from Thea's site and am contemplating the rest
of the seasons...I like Spring for sure but not quite so sure about the
other two.

Agree with you - I do like the spring, and kind of the Autumn - but not
really the winter one.

Has anyone done these on other colors of fabric? I was thinking of
putting them all on the same fabric and doing them together.... Ideas
appreciated!

I looked at doing them on a hand dye but decided that it wouldn't look
right, with all the colors, and the cutwork section. So, I'm doing it in
pale, sky blue. Didn't like how the threads looked on yellow. Ther was a
really pale lilac I thought of - but she didn't have it in Cashel - and this
is a fast project! Thought for me that the blue would look like a sky
background. And the shop only had the darker green which looked piyyyecky
(technical term).

I think we'll be able to have our own little cyber stitch along at this
rate. So happy to be an enabler instead of enabled for a change :^)

Ellice - not affiliated with any of the websites or shops

S.E.X glorious S.E.X.!!! Amber Needlework 2 April 15th 06 08:54 PM
S.E.X. and stuff Tina Quilting 20 February 8th 06 12:16 AM
Aviation and S.E.X. Mika Quilting 4 November 18th 05 05:39 AM
Joys of S.E.X!!! Mika Quilting 6 June 14th 04 06:29 AM
S.E.X. and 'other' things for the uninitiated. Noreen's Knit*che Yarn 15 December 5th 03 08:08 PM