Susan Bates embroidery hoops

Old September 16th 04, 11:17 PM
Becky Andresen

Default Susan Bates embroidery hoops

I'm having a devil of a time finding anybody online that sells Susan Bates
embroidery hoops where I can buy all of the available sizes and also specify
the color of hoop I receive. I know it sounds picky, but I can't stand the
thought of staring at a lime green, blaze orange, or neon yellow hoop the
whole time I'm stitching. My eyes would be screaming for help after less
then a minute.

http://www.coatsandclark.com/find_a_...ops_frames.htm

I have one of the smaller bright pink ones, and I like it very much. It's
quite handy for the amount of stitching on the go that I do...stuffing my
work into an old plastic biscuit box and hopping into the car.

I tried Herrschners, since that was the only place that was listed that
sells them online, but they will not let you pick the color, and every time
I think I've got myself convinced that I could put up with a
yellow/orange/lime hoop...my eye starts twitching in protest.

Anybody know where I could get all nine hoops for a reasonable price?
Becky A.

Old September 17th 04, 12:53 AM
Karen C - California

In article , "Becky Andresen"
writes:

I tried Herrschners, since that was the only place that was listed that
sells them online, but they will not let you pick the color,

I have found that most mail-order places, if you write "I prefer green or
blue", will almost always send you the color you prefer, even if they don't
officially let you pick the color. This *may* require you to fill out the form
manually and fax it to them.
--
Finished 7/18/04 -- 6 bear ornaments
WIP: Fireman's Prayer (#2), Amid Amish Life, Angel of Autumn, Calif Sampler,

Paralegal - Writer - Editor - Researcher
http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html
Old September 17th 04, 02:47 AM
fran

Did you look at Nordic Needle? Last I checked, they many sizes.

It's just started raining - I guess we're getting the first touches of
Ivan here in western NC. Just looked at NOAA's track - Ivan is going
to be sitting on NC for the entire weekend. Anyone got an Ark I can
borrow?

Old September 17th 04, 03:07 AM
Karen C - California

In article , fran
writes:

Anyone got an Ark I can borrow?

Nope, but my guest room will be available after Saturday noon. Come on out!

Karen in the Warm Sunny DRY California desert

Old September 17th 04, 05:08 AM
Angel

Nope, but, we're under flash flood watch here in the East TN valley. I was
worried I was going to have to row home from work
Angela L.
news

http://www.coatsandclark.com/find_a_...hoops_frames.h

tm

I have one of the smaller bright pink ones, and I like it very much.

It's
quite handy for the amount of stitching on the go that I do...stuffing my
work into an old plastic biscuit box and hopping into the car.

I tried Herrschners, since that was the only place that was listed that
sells them online, but they will not let you pick the color, and every

time
I think I've got myself convinced that I could put up with a
yellow/orange/lime hoop...my eye starts twitching in protest.

Anybody know where I could get all nine hoops for a reasonable price?
Becky A.

---

Old September 17th 04, 05:24 AM
Debra

wrote:

[...]

Have you tried to find some of the pastel pink deluxe hoops online
instead? Since they have their own order number they will all be pink
even though it's not the same as the Hoop-La color you want. At least
they won't blind you with their neon-ness.

The only other suggestion I have is to look in your local craft store
for other sizes of the Hoop-La hoops in pink and get them when you
can. If the store puts out a sale paper it may have coupons in it
that will reduce your cost.

Debra in VA
Old September 17th 04, 09:37 AM
Becky Andresen

"Debra" skrev i melding
wrote:

[...]

Well, as I am currently living in Norway, it's a little difficult to pop
over to the local Walmart or Michaels (boy, do I wish I could!!). I was so
busy with putting a wedding together at the last minute and then managing my
Norwegian in-laws who had never been to North America...that I didn't have
the time to stock up on the things that I thought I would before I left the
US.

I've been looking for a set of ANY color. I saw those pastel pink hoops,
but I've had the same trouble with finding them in a set as I did the
brighter colors.

That's the last time I let hubby mess with my alarm clock...it's too early
to be up...
Becky A.