Verging off topic - pattern/directions humbug bag

Old November 16th 08, 12:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Barbara[_4_]

Default Verging off topic - pattern/directions humbug bag

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
I thought I had a link or pdf of how to construct a humbug bag. But I can't
find it. SO, I googled and googled and can't find either the link I had or a
decent pattern.

HELP - I need a quick and simple gift for a friend's b'day gift.....

Cheyrl

http://www.onehourcraft.com/?p=321

instructions on this site
Barbara
Old November 16th 08, 06:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 11/15/08 10:58 AM, in article , "Tia
Mary" wrote:

anne wrote:

says...

Now - do you have a pattern or willing to "show" me how???

http://www.onehourcraft.com/?p=321

Yep -- that's it :-). It was a lot of fun trying to get a zipper in
that top because the bags I saw had snaps or button & loop. I finally
used contrast zippers and just top stitched them to the outside of the
bag! It was still a P.I.T.A. until I thought to leave the bottom open
until I had the sipper on and then I just turned the bag inside out and
finished it. I also don't like the little handle at the bottom and put
it at the top.
Cheryl, you sew well enough that you probably don't really need a
pattern now that you have seen the paper bag. If you do still need
directions, let me know and I will send you something. CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary

Please do TiaMary....

Cheryl

Old November 18th 08, 05:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C in California

cmg wrote:

I just wanted to remind folks that zippers by the yard are available!

I didn't know that! THANK YOU!!!

A friend makes quilt tops, but doesn't quilt them together; she sends me
a top, I supply the backing fabric, and voila, duvet cover, but I've
always wound up having to buy two heavy-duty parka zippers for the
closure. Toes, fingers and little paws get caught in the huge
pull-rings on those zippers, but that was the only thing I could find
that was long enough.

Next time she sends me a quilt top, I'll head for Beverly's.

--
Karen C - California
Editor/Proofreader www.IntlProofingConsortium.com

"On his tombstone, Benjamin Franklin wanted it said not that he had been
rich
but rather that he had been useful."

Finished 10/7/08 - Sun Fun (Dimensions)

WIP: Nativity from "Countdown to Christmas" book, Oriental Kimono
(Janlynn),
MLI The Teacher (gift to the library), Bethany Angel (Marbek)
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel, MLI Farmers Market

CFSfacts -- where we give you the facts and dispel the myths
Myths, with research cites: http://www.aacfs.org/images/pdfs/myths.pdf
Newest research blog: http://cfs-facts.blogspot.com/

Humbug (triangle) Bag Boca Jan Quilting 4 January 14th 08 07:10 PM
Need help with pattern knitting directions for a tote DAB Yarn 1 August 1st 06 12:38 AM
bah humbug!!! anne Needlework 21 December 24th 05 06:48 PM
Humbug bag directions? Puffins Quilting 4 May 8th 05 03:22 PM
AD: New Auctions...Humbug! Dawn Scannell Beads 55 November 4th 04 02:34 PM