More Michael's news

Old October 6th 08, 08:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lewmew

Default More Michael's news

So Saturday I had about an hour to kill and thought I'd wander over to
the local Michael's to see the remodel and what had happened in the
needlework section. Here's the answer: It is essentially GONE! All
that is left is the DMC (regular floss, a couple of metallics and a
few perles only), a few needles and hoops and a very skimpy choice of
some run of the mill fabric. No kits. No pattern books or charts of
any sort.

Scrapbooking, OTH, now takes up a good 1/3 of the store. There are
also a lot more $1 bins for impulse/kids items. Even the framing
department looks downsized. I wonder if this is nationwide or just my
store.

I was never crazy about the choices of kits, but at least it was
something. Now, even less.

Linda

Old October 6th 08, 09:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gill Murray

lewmew wrote:
So Saturday I had about an hour to kill and thought I'd wander over to
the local Michael's to see the remodel and what had happened in the
needlework section. Here's the answer: It is essentially GONE! All
that is left is the DMC (regular floss, a couple of metallics and a
few perles only), a few needles and hoops and a very skimpy choice of
some run of the mill fabric. No kits. No pattern books or charts of
any sort.

Scrapbooking, OTH, now takes up a good 1/3 of the store. There are
also a lot more $1 bins for impulse/kids items. Even the framing
department looks downsized. I wonder if this is nationwide or just my
store.

I was never crazy about the choices of kits, but at least it was
something. Now, even less.

Linda

I wandered into out Joanne's to see what they had last week. The store
was totally changed and almost a half was scrapbooking. All the other
crafty sections were reduced, and it even seemed as if there was not as
much fabric as before. I think they had got rid of a lot of the gift
knock-knack items, too. I was looking for some ruffle, or some such
thing, for a pillow, and their stock was very sparse.

Gillian
Old October 6th 08, 10:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Oct 6, 9:24*pm, lewmew wrote:
So Saturday I had about an hour to kill and thought I'd wander over to
the local Michael's to see the remodel and what had happened in the
needlework section. *Here's the answer: *It is essentially GONE! *All
that is left is the DMC (regular floss, a couple of metallics and a
few perles only), a few needles and hoops and a very skimpy choice of
some run of the mill fabric. *No kits. *No pattern books or charts of
any sort.

Scrapbooking, OTH, now takes up a good 1/3 of the store. *There are
also a lot more $1 bins for impulse/kids items. *Even the framing
department looks downsized. *I wonder if this is nationwide or just my
store.

I was never crazy about the choices of kits, but at least it was
something. *Now, even less. *

Linda

I think this shops who delete their Fiber departments are going to be
sorry , With the monitary depression more and more people will start
making a lot of handcrafts again ,,,,
mirjam
Old October 7th 08, 04:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

Michael's just opened a new, very big store in the western suburbs of
Chicago, they say it's the largest one in the area. Haven't been
there yet tho. I would assume/hope there are some needlecrafts
there. And our Joanne's seems to have alot more crafting items than
they used to, not as much fabric. Joanne's has also expanded it's
gifts and decorations departments. More like Hobby Lobby, IMO. I
mean, just the glue section at Joanne's is phenomenal. They have
Gorilla Glue now! Even Gorilla Tape. Plus all kinds of Aleene's
glue, even Elmer's.

Audrey
On Oct 6, 4:05*pm, wrote:
On Oct 6, 9:24*pm, lewmew wrote:

[...]

mirjam- Hide quoted text -

Michael's Coupon - 50% off til 8/20/08 Mickie Swall[_2_] Quilting 6 September 16th 08 04:45 AM
Michael's Clearance lewmew Needlework 0 September 2nd 08 04:12 PM
Michael's coupon Susan Hartman Needlework 5 August 20th 08 08:53 PM
Michael's hutches havana bill & holly Doll Houses 0 February 18th 05 12:43 PM
A Bad day at Michael's Jenn Vanderslice Yarn 38 December 15th 04 06:37 PM