Wallmart

Old October 9th 06, 03:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Heather in NY

Default Wallmart

Hi Rita,
At my local Waldomart, they did put all the floss on sale ($0.10/skein)
and I went in and grabbed a lot of the pretty colours that I knew I was
likely to use. Unfortunately, when they put it on sale, they just
dumped it all into one big cardboard box, and as people went pawing
through it, it got worse and worse. I did drive to the two other
nearest Waldomarts to try to find one that hadn't done this yet, and
neither of them knew of any discontuination, and their floss was still
nice and neat on the spinners. My DH went back the next day (after I
calmed down his freakout about me coming home with 300 skeins of DMC..
) and bought all that was left. We've got a number of stitching
friends overseas who pay a fortune and I forsee some RAK's in the
works... If I can ever get it all sorted out!
Heather

Liesch wrote:
Mine denies it too, but I'm watching it like a hawk. When they put it
on clearance, color me there with a big shopping cart.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but WalMart won't be putting DMC floss on sale
(at least not for awhile). As an individual store gets low on stock of DMC,
they are to send what is left to a central store in their area. One day
your local WalMart will have some DMC and the next they won't have any. If
you are lucky enough to live where their is a central store to collect the
DMC you will have it around for a bit longer, but don't expect much in the
way of selection.

Rita

Old October 9th 06, 05:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
LizardGumbo

Liesch wrote:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but WalMart won't be putting DMC floss on sale
(at least not for awhile).

Wal-Mart's computer tracking system is sophisticated enough to tell them
whether it would be more advantageous for them to put it on sale or
transfer it. I've seen such varied stories from region to region where
it has gone on sale or been taken out of the store completely that I'm
not going to assume what they might or might not do with it.

At mine, no one has a clue that this is happening or going to happen.
If they move it, I guess I'll find out one day when I walk in and see
it's not there. If they sell it off for 10c per skein, I'll just grab
it all and hie myself to the cash register.

--
Elizabeth
Pop the bubbles to reply.

www.effervescentdesigns.com
Old October 10th 06, 02:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna

ellice wrote:

Donna, It was the one in Woodbridge, very close to Potamic Mills

Gotcha. Thanks.
I see a trip to IKEA in my future...

Donna in Virginia

Are you insane???? (re the local DC traffic). We've decided it's faster to
go to IKEA in MD outside of College Park than to go to Potomac Mills. But,
we are going to IKEA for some bookshelves...just skipping the Walmart (I
have issues with their labor policies).

ellice

Not insane, Ellice. Crazy like a fox. I agree it's easier to get to
the College Park IKEA. But they don't have the Three Sisters Needle Art
and Framing store in College Park. It's in Woodbridge. Link he
http://www.threesistersneedleart.com/

LOL,
Donna

Old October 10th 06, 02:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 10/10/06 9:18 AM, "Donna" wrote:

ellice wrote:

Donna, It was the one in Woodbridge, very close to Potamic Mills

Gotcha. Thanks.
I see a trip to IKEA in my future...

Donna in Virginia

Are you insane???? (re the local DC traffic). We've decided it's faster to
go to IKEA in MD outside of College Park than to go to Potomac Mills. But,
we are going to IKEA for some bookshelves...just skipping the Walmart (I
have issues with their labor policies).

ellice

Not insane, Ellice. Crazy like a fox. I agree it's easier to get to
the College Park IKEA. But they don't have the Three Sisters Needle Art
and Framing store in College Park. It's in Woodbridge. Link he
http://www.threesistersneedleart.com/

LOL,
Donna

Ah, now I understand. Hmmm - I've never been there. Interesting - they're
not part of the retailers association. Caryn? This could be a trip...

ellice

Old October 11th 06, 04:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On 10 Oct 2006 06:18:51 -0700, "Donna" wrote:

ellice wrote:

Donna, It was the one in Woodbridge, very close to Potamic Mills

Gotcha. Thanks.
I see a trip to IKEA in my future...

Donna in Virginia

Are you insane???? (re the local DC traffic). We've decided it's faster to
go to IKEA in MD outside of College Park than to go to Potomac Mills. But,
we are going to IKEA for some bookshelves...just skipping the Walmart (I
have issues with their labor policies).

ellice

Not insane, Ellice. Crazy like a fox. I agree it's easier to get to
the College Park IKEA. But they don't have the Three Sisters Needle Art
and Framing store in College Park. It's in Woodbridge. Link he
http://www.threesistersneedleart.com/

LOL,
Donna

I'm sorry to inform you but Three sisters is closed. Thjey had to move
across the street from where they were and then they lost that
place.. They hope to open again soon in another location. I miss them
I was one of the" tuesday night sew and sew's". We used to gather
tuesday nights to stitch and chat and eat.

Amber