Sewing machine--buttonholes

Old April 12th 03, 05:48 PM
Jim Shields

Default Sewing machine--buttonholes

I recently bought a new machine. Since I too do lots of "clothes"
sewing I was not interested in embroidery stitches but in a first
class no hassle buttonhole maker. I purchased a Brothers 7800 which
is being phased out. It was mentioned in the August(?) issue of
Threads. Because it is being phased out I got a very good price on
it--- about $500.00 off the manufactors price. Since the machine is
computerized all I do is put the button in the back of the buttonhole
foot, push the button and the machine automatically does everything.
Nice.

I am trying to find a new machine. I want one that does the most automatic
buttonholes plus lots of stitches. I would like a rolled hem foot/feature this
time also. I know Elna has some that have alot but what other brands and # are
good ones? I have the info on the Elna 6005 but didn't know if there was
others out there that did lots of the stuff and maybe the same price or
cheaper?
I mainly do clothes and some coats. I don't care if it does embroidering or
not. I think that feature would be great though. I guess a computer one is
how I am leaning to get the most out of the machine.
Thanks,
Kelly

Kelly Albrecht

The Brianna Jennings Foundation---http://www.savingourbabies.org/