Boa Fishing Knot

Old April 24th 07, 03:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.knots
[email protected]

Default Boa Fishing Knot

I am trying to learn how to tie a sliding/locking knot for a tandem
hook rig. Whereas the top hook is adjustable (you can slide it on the
main line) to match the bait size; however, when a strike occurs, it
locks. There is a company, Owner, which is marketing something similar
as the Boa Rig; nevertheless, I am very interested in learning how to
tie this knot myself.

Any information would be appreciated.

Fish On!

SeaTiger

Old April 27th 07, 02:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.knots
RMS

wrote in message
oups.com...
I am trying to learn how to tie a sliding/locking knot for a tandem
hook rig. Whereas the top hook is adjustable (you can slide it on the
main line) to match the bait size; however, when a strike occurs, it
locks. There is a company, Owner, which is marketing something similar
as the Boa Rig; nevertheless, I am very interested in learning how to
tie this knot myself.

Any information would be appreciated.

Fish On!

SeaTiger

Might these help?

http://www.fishing.sh/htmfiles/hookr...ssnelling.html

http://www.fishing.sh/htmfiles/knots/index.html

Old April 29th 07, 09:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.knots
[email protected]

On Apr 26, 6:45 pm, "RMS"
wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...

I am trying to learn how to tie a sliding/locking knot for a tandem
hook rig. Whereas the top hook is adjustable (you can slide it on the
main line) to match the bait size; however, when a strike occurs, it
locks. There is a company, Owner, which is marketing something similar
as the Boa Rig; nevertheless, I am very interested in learning how to
tie this knot myself.

Any information would be appreciated.

Fish On!

SeaTiger

Might these help?

http://www.fishing.sh/htmfiles/hookr...ssnelling.html

http://www.fishing.sh/htmfiles/knots/index.html

Thanks for the links, but the knot that I am interested in learning is
not on these links.

Old March 3rd 08, 04:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.knots
Blind Willy Reed

On 23 Apr 2007 19:50:27 -0700, in rec.craft.knots,
you wrote:

I am trying to learn how to tie a sliding/locking knot for a tandem
hook rig. Whereas the top hook is adjustable (you can slide it on the
main line) to match the bait size; however, when a strike occurs, it
locks. There is a company, Owner, which is marketing something similar
as the Boa Rig; nevertheless, I am very interested in learning how to
tie this knot myself.

Any information would be appreciated.

Sea Tiger,

Here is a suggestion for getting the results you want. I tried it out
using 30# test for the sliding component and 50# test for the main
line;

Using the 30# I tied a uniknot
http://www.in-fisherman.com/magazine...003Sp_Uniknot/
on the 50# main line finishing it by taking one or two half hitches
around the main line with the tag end of the uniknot. Leave what would
normally be the tag end long so as to be able to snell or tie your
hook to it. I was able to slide the knot up or down the main line by
grasping the uniknot and moving it, however, when pulling on just the
tag end (to which your hook would be tied) it locked up and wouldn't
move.

How this might test out for breaking strength, whether or not it will
work in line of different test or the high-test braids of today, I
don't know., but it does do what you want in my test.

A second thought is that maybe "Owner" is using the "Boa Knot", a form
of the strangler knot, as their secret weapon. It could work.

-[don35 at bellsouth . net]-

Fish On!

SeaTiger

Old March 25th 08, 01:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.knots
Amos Nandy

Default Trinity knot?

Can anyone direct me to an illustration of the trinity knot (using
actual rope or line not a drawing) on the Internet .

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Fishing Knot [email protected] Knots 3 June 21st 06 08:24 PM
Fishing? KI Graham Quilting 24 August 23rd 05 02:29 AM
Knot Heads Knot Art Gallery Beta... Knot Head Knots 2 July 3rd 04 02:28 PM