OT :-(........

Old August 27th 03, 11:00 PM
Dr. Sooz

Default OT :-(........

He trusts my ex-husband and his wife to
take good care, and they don't. I can't let this go on.

But they give everyone the IMPRESSION that they do......I should add.
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old August 27th 03, 11:08 PM
Deirdre S.

Can you simply go and be with Merc at the hospital? Having one of 'his
people' around could only help ... psychologically, if not physically.

It seems to me that humans coming out of general anesthesia sometimes
get on uncontrollable crying jags, just because their usual 'filters'
are down. Could it be a side-effect of the 'wearing off' period of his
general anesthetic rather than necessarily indicating he is in
terrible pain?

If you actually see him you can probably judge better...

Deirdre

On 27 Aug 2003 21:53:59 GMT, uppies (Dr. Sooz)
wrote:

I am in tears. I just talked to the vet/surgeon, and Merc has been crying all
night (they have overnight staff) and all day. He is such a quiet, stoic dog
-- not a crying baby -- and if he's crying through all the morphine.......

It's killing me.

I am reconsidering and may decide to go to court. This is breaking me in
pieces. He isn't just a dog -- to me. He trusts my ex-husband and his wife to
take good care, and they don't. I can't let this go on.

Kevin can't really help me -- conflict of interest -- and he's on a desperate
deadline right now. I gotta figure out what to do.
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links

Old August 27th 03, 11:36 PM
Christina Peterson

I don't know what the conflict of interest would be for Kevin, and don't
really need to know.

But I think the fact that Merc was badly injured with your ex should make a
difference. He had promised to lift Merc down before and didn't do it. No
matter what the reason, if he can't do it EVERY TIME from here on, Merc is
is serious danger. Even intentions, which he might be able to fake, isn't
good enough. Hasn't been good enough. If he can't demonstate that he can
comply, as he has been unable to in the past, he must not care for Merc.

Tina

"Dr. Sooz" wrote in message
I am in tears. I just talked to the vet/surgeon, and Merc has been crying

all
night (they have overnight staff) and all day. He is such a quiet, stoic

dog
-- not a crying baby -- and if he's crying through all the morphine.......

It's killing me.

I am reconsidering and may decide to go to court. This is breaking me in
pieces. He isn't just a dog -- to me. He trusts my ex-husband and his

wife to
take good care, and they don't. I can't let this go on.

Kevin can't really help me -- conflict of interest -- and he's on a

desperate
deadline right now. I gotta figure out what to do.
~~
Sooz
-------
"Those in the cheaper seats clap. The rest of you rattle your jewelry."

John
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links

Old August 27th 03, 11:50 PM

"Dr. Sooz" wrote:

I am in tears. I just talked to the vet/surgeon, and Merc has been crying

all
night (they have overnight staff) and all day. He is such a quiet, stoic

dog
-- not a crying baby -- and if he's crying through all the morphine.......

It's killing me.

I am reconsidering and may decide to go to court. This is breaking me in
pieces. He isn't just a dog -- to me. He trusts my ex-husband and his

wife to
take good care, and they don't. I can't let this go on.

Kevin can't really help me -- conflict of interest -- and he's on a

desperate
deadline right now. I gotta figure out what to do.

Oh, Sooz, I wish there were something I could do. You and Merc are in my
thoughts. Sending some positive vibes your way to use as best needed.

Linda2

Old August 28th 03, 12:59 AM
Dr. Sooz

Oh, Sooz, I wish there were something I could do. You and Merc are in my
thoughts. Sending some positive vibes your way to use as best needed.

Linda2

Linda, don't you dare! I cannot IMAGINE the crap you've been through this
year. I would be living in a padded cell if I were you. You save your vibes
for YOU! And I'm sending you some too!
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old August 28th 03, 01:03 AM

"Dr. Sooz" wrote:

Linda, don't you dare! I cannot IMAGINE the crap you've been through this
year. I would be living in a padded cell if I were you. You save your

vibes
for YOU! And I'm sending you some too!

Love you, darling, but the vibes are coming. I can spare some for poor dear
Merc and for your frazzled self. Let's just keep them circulating amongst
all who need them, sort of a traveling vibes package.

Linda2

Old August 28th 03, 01:05 AM
Dr. Sooz

I know how it would be, but it might not be that Merc is in substantial pain.

I cry pretty much constantly on morphine, and I'm not feeling a thing. It's
just something the drug does to me. Has the vet given you a plan for pain
control once Merc is home?

Good point -- though I seem to remember that dogs do stop crying after a few
hours, from the years I worked for board-certified vet surgeons (and not just
the regular kind of vet). The fact that he was crying for so *long*........

Anyway, Merc's going home with a pain patch. If he's going to cry, I hope he
cries when he's with my Ex. I hope it's like fingernails on a blackboard.
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old August 28th 03, 01:07 AM
Dr. Sooz

I know I wouldn't go to court. Yep, I wrote would not. I'd just keep Merc
and let your evil Ex make the next move.

I don't think it would go all the way to court. I think it would be him, me,
and 2 attorneys in a room. And since Merc's an item, not a person, if I just
took him and kept him, I could end up in jail -- or without rights to see Merc
myself. He's a cop. He'd have other cops helping him out against his "insane"
ex-wife (he's got my time in the psych ward to back him up). As for expensive
-- well, I don't want to discuss that on Usenet. But that's something I'm
mulling over........
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old August 28th 03, 01:09 AM
Dr. Sooz

Not the best tactics, though. I have some better ones I've thought of since I
wrote my original post earlier.

I know I wouldn't go to court. Yep, I wrote would not. I'd just keep Merc
and let your evil Ex make the next move. Let him go to the expense and
trouble of trying to get Merc back. In all likelihood, he'll find out that
it's very expensive and probably futile to file a court case.

In the years it would take to get a civil trial date, you can keep Merc with
you and after such a long time, no judge would make you give him back. And
your ex would keep spending and spending, because lawyers' bills accumulate,
and I doubt his new wife would be thrilled to spend a ton of money to
unsuccessfully retreive a ten year old dog from his former life.

Mean and evil? yeah, probably. I'd still do it though.

Kathy N-V

~~
Sooz
-------