Pattern for one piece Cardigan

Old June 8th 04, 06:57 AM
Michaela

There is a Cardigan here at
http://secure.elann.com/productdisp....Type=4&Count=2
It is knitted in one piece. And it has beautiful cables.

Michaela (in Canada)

--
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

"Stuart" wrote in message
Hello I am not exactly sure what to call this pattern, but it looks like
it is knitted in almost one piece joined together on the shoulders???
it is a cardigan sweater..I saw it made up at a craft market
The owner wanted 150.00 for the pattern and some yarn... Outrageous!
Please help
Frusterated Barbie

Old June 8th 04, 11:46 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

There are many ways to do this ,
Cuff to cuff ,
back over shoulders to front. Neck down to hem
which is it to be ?
mirjam

Old June 8th 04, 02:06 PM
Sorceress

Stuart opined thusly:

Hello I am not exactly sure what to call this pattern, but it looks like
it is knitted in almost one piece joined together on the shoulders???
it is a cardigan sweater..I saw it made up at a craft market
The owner wanted 150.00 for the pattern and some yarn... Outrageous!
Please help
Frusterated Barbie

Why is it outrageous?

--
Regards,
--Anne

Remove DIESPAMBOTDIE to e-mail

Blog Info:
http://www.emptycauldron.com/weblog/musings.php
http://www.emptycauldron.com/weblog/atom.xml

Old June 8th 04, 05:38 PM
Llaurie

"Stuart" wrote in message
Hello I am not exactly sure what to call this pattern, but it looks like
it is knitted in almost one piece joined together on the shoulders???
it is a cardigan sweater..I saw it made up at a craft market
The owner wanted 150.00 for the pattern and some yarn... Outrageous!
Please help
Frusterated Barbie

Is it possible this would be a top down cardigan?
laurie

Old June 8th 04, 07:49 PM
Elizabeth

I like the top down patterns from 'Knitting Pure and Simple', I am currently
working on the sweater but have the cardigan pattern for a future project.
As the name suggests, it's just plain stocking stitch (stockinette?) and in
a heavy worsted/aran weight. Did the one you saw have a more complex stitch
or colour pattern than this?

Liz

Old June 8th 04, 09:41 PM
Aud

This is not a cardigan, but a jacket in one piece,
I am sure this is not what you look for, but may be you can study the
way it is done, and then find out yourself.(from Lionbrand)
http://tinyurl.com/2qm3m
Aud ;-)

Old June 8th 04, 11:43 PM
Richard Eney

In article , Stuart wrote:
Hello I am not exactly sure what to call this pattern, but it looks like
it is knitted in almost one piece joined together on the shoulders???
it is a cardigan sweater..I saw it made up at a craft market
The owner wanted 150.00 for the pattern and some yarn... Outrageous!

Knitted in one piece, only seam is at the tops of the shoulders...
that sounds a little like Elizabeth Zimmermann's one piece surprise
baby sweater, which she also did up for adult sizes in one of her books.
The surprise is that it looks like nothing at all until the seam is sewn.

I've seen fairly ordinary-looking sweater kits priced higher than
that; if the yarn was of good quality and the pattern was original,
it's dirt cheap.

=Tamar