New Here but afraid to post

Old April 29th 04, 03:40 AM
Noreen's Knit*che

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 12:13:10 -0500, Laura wrote:

Greetings group,

I have posted a couple times already, but didn't give any of the
background, so I'll let you all know a bit more about me.

I'm Laura Miller, living in Minnesota USA at the moment but recently
transplanted from northern VA. Who knows whether the move is
permanent.

I like most to knit, but also enjoy cross-stitch, sewing, especially
complicated patterns, and needlepoint occasionally. At the moment I'm
working on a vest for my DH, my second pair of socks, and preparing
for the Norwegian sweater. I usually follow a patterns but have made
up my own several times, not always with the best results. Once or
twice it has turned out spectacular.

In theory I will someday learn tatting and crochet...

And I'm enjoying this NG immensely!

Cheers,
Laura M

Laura (M) (so as to distinguish from the 'other' Laura, grin)
I giggle everytime I *see* Laura M... as my neice is a Laura M (!!! yes,
really!!!)
Karen H. also lives in MN, she's outside the Twin Cities, and originally a
'cheesehead'.
WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME!
Noreen
--
http://noreensknitche.ceejaycee.net
~ ~ ~
Old April 29th 04, 03:41 AM
Noreen's Knit*che

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 18:57:01 GMT, Laura J wrote:

Okay, since the other Laura posted, I might as well too so you don't get us
confused, especially since she seems far more experienced than I am! I've
posted a couple of times without a formal introduction and have been
enjoying reading the group every since I started knitting a couple of months
ago. I live in Boston, Mass, USA and just this morning found out about a
place in JP called Circles "A Knitting Salon." Is anyone else here from the
area? Have you ever heard of this place? As you can see, I get
side-tracked easily. To continue...I've really only knit very easy stuff,
from patterns. A couple of hats (some of you helped answer my questions on
one of those), scarves and one pair of mittens. Right now I'm close to
finishing a shawl which I'm not sure I'll ever wear but it looked like an
interesting project (and I will have some questions before that is done). I
have tried crocheting but just couldn't get into it. I am also an amateur
potter and like working with my hands--I took up knitting because it was
something that I could do at home without making a huge mess! It has the
added benefit of letting me make stuff for my friends and family who are by
now sick of receiving bowls and vases every year.

My next project is going to be a baby sweater as soon as I can find a
pattern I like. Would you all suggest a button down or regular pull-over to
start with?

Thanks again for all your advice and entertainment!

LauraJ

Hi Laura J!!!
WELCOME!!!
Noreen

Old April 29th 04, 06:26 AM
norma woods

Welcome Laura, Good to see you and I know you'll enjoy the group.

--
Star love,
Norma
"Laura" wrote in message
Greetings group,

I have posted a couple times already, but didn't give any of the
background, so I'll let you all know a bit more about me.

I'm Laura Miller, living in Minnesota USA at the moment but recently
transplanted from northern VA. Who knows whether the move is
permanent.

I like most to knit, but also enjoy cross-stitch, sewing, especially
complicated patterns, and needlepoint occasionally. At the moment I'm
working on a vest for my DH, my second pair of socks, and preparing
for the Norwegian sweater. I usually follow a patterns but have made
up my own several times, not always with the best results. Once or
twice it has turned out spectacular.

In theory I will someday learn tatting and crochet...

And I'm enjoying this NG immensely!

Cheers,
Laura M

What's your name?
What country do you live in?
What do you most like to do in textiles?
What are you working on at the moment?
Do you follow a pattern or make up your own?
Are you stuck with a particular project..can we help you?

cheers........cher

---

Old April 29th 04, 07:33 AM
JudyTurpin

snip I'm Laura Miller, living in Minnesota USA at the moment but recently
transplanted from northern VA. Who knows whether the move is
permanent. BRBRsnip

Hi Laura. I live and knit in Washington state but
every summer I come to Minnesota to join my sister in putting on Nana camp for
our combined group of grandkids. Our parents bought a cabin there many years
ago as they were both originally from Minnesota and my sister inherited it -
not fancy but ours.
Welcome!

JCT
Old April 29th 04, 07:41 AM
JudyTurpin

My name is Mona and I was born in Norway (a looong time ago) and I
learned how to knit the continental way , by the way of show and tell,
BRBR

Welcome, Mona. I am mostly a knitter too -- and have a new cell phone. Hadn't
thought about knitting a holder for it but it obviously needs something as it
isn't one of those that folds up to protect itself.
JCT
Old April 29th 04, 08:28 AM
Pirjo Ilvesvuori

I agree with Norma. Welcome, Laura.
Best: Pirjo
"norma woods" kirjoitti viestissä

Old April 29th 04, 11:05 AM
Ophelia

Hi LauraJ good to see you posting again

warm waves from Scotland

Ophelia

Old April 29th 04, 12:29 PM
Carol in TN

Welcome Laura, Mona and Laura.
Nice to learn more about all of you.

Carol in TN (who also is writing and knitting with a bit of an accent. LOL)

Old April 29th 04, 02:26 PM
Aud

Hei Mona!
SÅ HYGGELIG med ei norsk "jente"!
(How NICE to see a Norwegian girl!)
Where in Norway are you born?
I live in Ålesund, am born in Oslo, grew up in Asker outside Oslo,
have parents from the "South Coast", and my summer house there!
You are very welcome to the group!!!
We are a few girls from Finland, Sweeden and Norway here,
I cannot understand why not many more will join us!
just look forward to many nice meetings here, we are a nice,
international "bunch"!
AUD ;-))
alrefsnesathotmaildotcom
http://community.webshots.com/user/dual44

wrote in message ...
Hello and thank you for the invitation to participate in this great ng.

My name is Mona and I was born in Norway (a looong time ago) and I
learned how to knit the continental way , by the way of show and tell,
from my grandma and aunties. In my young years, I've knitted four needle
socks, gloves, sweathers, Luse Kofte (sp), and plenty of mittens and
hats in the Norwegian way.

Lol, fast forward, I now live in Silicon Valley, CA, USA and knitting is
very popular here at this time so I've taking it up again. s

I can't remember how to knit from memory so I'm in the process of
learning how to read american patterns and figuring out how to transfer
that to my past knitting experience.

So far, I've knitted a few scarfs, a bulky hat and a couple of my own
creatons, a cell phone holder with knitted in beads, and a pretty
little hand bag with a beaded
handle and "button".

I knit and write with an accent......

Mona

Old April 29th 04, 03:35 PM
Sarah Carter

Aud wrote in message =
om...

We are a few girls from Finland, Sweeden and Norway here,=20
I cannot understand why not many more will join us!
just look forward to many nice meetings here, we are a nice,=20
international "bunch"!

There is the odd one of us who visits Finland when they can too. )
We've got another trip booked already, with plans to drive up through=20
Norway to the Artic circle. Just got to get the car renovated first!

Sarah
--=20