Got our digital camera - beadwork to show and tell

Old January 7th 04, 10:31 AM
Marisa Cappetta

Default Got our digital camera - beadwork to show and tell

Thank goodness my sister also picked up our other one from the car hire
people!

Anyway, I did what every self-respecting newbie to the age of digital
photography does, I snapped some pics of my recent jewelry so I can be
really embarrased at the quality when I actually master the art later on
down the track!!

Brook made a beadwork page on my little website:

http://www.galleryvittoria.com

You can't miss the link, it says 'to my beadwork page' in very large
letters!

I've put up a few recent pieces. The first piece is a red carnelian donut,
seed beads and crystals, I made this at the end of last winter, August or
so. The blue necklace features a Lori Greenburg polymer bead, I just
finished this a few days ago. There is a small collection of earrings. I
posted about the gold and black ones the other day. I used a commercial
finding, which I don't like at all, but will replace when I get my studio
set up. The finding on the silver and amethyst leaf earrings is wonky, I
should treat my jewelry better, I know, I know!! The dark purple earrings
are a variation on a beaded bead technique.

I'll be updating the text soon and adding a blog. Keep you all posted.

--
Marisa (AU/NZ)

Old January 7th 04, 10:51 AM
Marisa Cappetta

Are the pics clear enough and do they load ok at your end?

"vj" wrote in message
vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from "Marisa Cappetta"
:

]http://www.galleryvittoria.com

I LIKE!!!!!!!!

-----------
@vicki [SnuggleWench]
(Books) http://www.booksnbytes.com
(Jewelry) http://www.vickijean.com
newest creations: http://www.vickijean.com/newest.html
-----------
The measure of the menace of a man is not what
hardware he carries, but what ideas he believes.-- Jeff Jordan

Old January 7th 04, 11:09 AM
Marisa Cappetta

Thanks Vicki. Yes, it was an overcast day and, well, I really don't know
what I'm doing! I'm going to invest in some lights etc, I'd like to improve
on my photography.
"vj" wrote in message
vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from "Marisa Cappetta"
:

]Are the pics clear enough and do they load ok at your end?

they LOOK great.
the two necklaces are a touch dark, but that may be because the beads
themselves are dark and whatever they are laying on is not white. but
they are much clearer than MY first pictures were! and when i click on
them to get "larger versions", while they are a little dark, i have no
trouble at all seeing all the detail! Beautiful work!

-----------

Old January 7th 04, 11:12 AM
Harry

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 18:31:15 +0800, "Marisa Cappetta" wrote:

All of them are really pretty and the photos are great. Very detailed.

Harry

New Zealand Paua Shell at http://snipurl.com/3okw
Old January 7th 04, 12:18 PM
BeckiBead

HEY pretty girl, that is some nice work! My first thought was -- Pretty fancy
for hiking! LOLOL

Becki
"In between the moon and you, the angels have a better view of the crumbling
difference between wrong and right." -- Counting Crows
Old January 7th 04, 07:20 PM
Marisa Cappetta

Yes, but I'm not sure if it worked.
"vj" wrote in message
vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from "Marisa Cappetta"
:

]Thanks Vicki. Yes, it was an overcast day and, well, I really don't know
]what I'm doing! I'm going to invest in some lights etc, I'd like to

improve
]on my photography.

were you using the flash?

-----------

Old January 8th 04, 01:01 AM
Barbara Otterson

wrote:

Anyway, I did what every self-respecting newbie to the age of digital
photography does, I snapped some pics of my recent jewelry so I can be
really embarrased at the quality when I actually master the art later on
down the track!!

The first page is too wide and forces you to
scroll side-to-side. Needs to get fixed.
As for the jewelry: If that's just getting started,
you sure can give me a run for my money. I really
like the cuttle-bone casting. I hope your brother gets
your site up soon.
Heck, I hope my brother gets my site updated soon!

I'll be updating the text soon and adding a blog. Keep you all posted.

When I told my brother (who virtually lives on his
computer) that I wanted a blog, he asked what a
blog was! I couldn't believe it! We settled for a
place called "this and that", so that I can write about
anything that strikes my fancy. He put up some stuff
about mate (I don't know how to make that accent
thingy over the "e".) I wrote up the basics on what
Pate de Verre is, since I will be adding some pieces
done in that technique soon. I hope he posts it soon.
Barbara
Dream Master
www.dreamweaverstudio.com

Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.
~~ Albert Camus
Old January 8th 04, 07:47 AM
Marisa Cappetta

Thanks for your nice comments, Barbara. Yes, I've been aware that the first
page is too wide for a while now, just haven't had time to fix it. Brook is
going to fix it for me.

--
Marisa (AU/NZ)