XS shops in Pittsburgh

Old November 2nd 04, 08:09 AM
Helen

Default XS shops in Pittsburgh

Heading to Pittsburgh in December for DD's audition. She's going to
be tied up for three hours or so, so thought I might find a XS shop in
which to lose myself. Any ideas?

BTW, she's auditioning at Point Park, which I think is in the vicinity
of Duquesne U, if that's of any assistance.

Helen
Old November 2nd 04, 10:19 AM
Jacqueline

There's also The Noble Craftsman coming from the south. I'm not that
familiar with Pittsburgh, so offhand I'm not sure how far it is from
Point Park. I'm on my way to work this morning, but I'll check it out
this evening and let you know (if no one else has by then).

I *think* there might be something else around Sewickly, but again,
I'll have to do a little searching.

On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 08:24:21 GMT, EJ wrote:

In article ,
says...
Heading to Pittsburgh in December for DD's audition. She's going to
be tied up for three hours or so, so thought I might find a XS shop in
which to lose myself. Any ideas?

BTW, she's auditioning at Point Park, which I think is in the vicinity
of Duquesne U, if that's of any assistance.

Helen

My sister works at Point Park. Its actually downtown at the Blvd. of the
Allies and Wood St. Duquesne is not far but it's up on The Bluff above
town. As far as I know there are no cross stitch shops in town. The
closest one I know of is in Monroeville. But I could be wrong. I do know
that there is a really nice knitting shop in Squirrel Hill (Pittsburgh
Knit and Bead).

Good luck with the audition

EJ

Old November 2nd 04, 08:38 PM
EJ

In article , jacque15320
@yahoo.com says...
[...]

There is a yarn shop in Sewickley and there might be a cross stitch
place too...or the yarn shop might carry cross stitch. But Sewickley
isn't just around the corner from downtown. I used to drive out that way
on a fairly regular basis and not even getting to Sewickley proper it
could take an hour so that might not be the best choice for someone with
really limited shopping time.

EJ
Old November 2nd 04, 09:51 PM
Lin706

Heading to Pittsburgh in December for DD's audition. She's going to
be tied up for three hours or so, so thought I might find a XS shop in
which to lose myself. Any ideas?

BTW, she's auditioning at Point Park, which I think is in the vicinity
of Duquesne U, if that's of any assistance.

Helen

Point Park is definitely in the downtown area of the city. If you have a car
at your disposal and don't mind traveling a busy freeway/parkway/multiple lane
highway.......

If you take the Parkway East out of town and get off at the Route 48 exit
(about 9 miles and through a tunnel). Go south on Route 48 until you come to
Route 30 and go left on Route 30, within one mile is Teatime Stitchery - a
lovely shop. The owner's name is Donna and her Sat hours are 10-4.

If you take the Parkway West out of town and get off at the Greentree exit
(about 4 miles and also through a tunnel) and head south on Greentree Road,
when you get to the bottom of the hill make a right and then as you ease onto
Cochran Road, get in the left lane and turn left into Noble Town Center. Go
right in the shopping center, and go almost to the end to the Noble Craftsman.
The shop owner's name is Pat. She carries knitting supplies as well as
x-stitch. Her Sat hours are 10-4 or 5.

Public transportation is not really an option for either store with a 3-hour
window of time, but either is driveable in that time frame.

Linda
Pgh PA
Old November 4th 04, 07:45 AM
Helen

Thanks to all, and to Lin for the directions to the two shops.

I don't mind city and heavy traffic driving at all. And I'll
definitely have a car as we're taking Saturday to just look around
Pittsburgh. So I'll leave DD to the mercy of the auditioners and go
stashing. She has friends at PP (prior graduates of her
Conservatory); maybe I'll go to both shops and she can just hang out
there til I'm done. I've spent plenty of hours hanging out waiting
for her over the years! ;-D

Thanks again!

Helen (Wash. State)
Old November 4th 04, 04:04 PM
Mavia Beaulieu

"Helen" wrote in message
m...
Thanks to all, and to Lin for the directions to the two shops.

I don't mind city and heavy traffic driving at all. And I'll
definitely have a car as we're taking Saturday to just look around
Pittsburgh. So I'll leave DD to the mercy of the auditioners and go
stashing. She has friends at PP (prior graduates of her
Conservatory); maybe I'll go to both shops and she can just hang out
there til I'm done. I've spent plenty of hours hanging out waiting
for her over the years! ;-D

Thanks again!

Helen (Wash. State)

Helen, if you have an hour to kill in Pittsburgh I'd highly recommend going
to the Carnegie Museum of Art. In the French section there is a miniature
room based on the Salon of the Four seasons, the Chateau de Breteuil,
France. The tapestries and upholstery are all done on 60 count silk in over
120 colors! They were all stitched free hand from photos by needlepoint
designer Sharon G. The work is amazing and well worth searching out. I'll
post a few pictures of it in our Smartgroup just to entice you!

Mavia

Old November 4th 04, 07:14 PM
Karen C - California

In article eqsid.92579$9b.55939@edtnps84, "Mavia Beaulieu"
writes:

The tapestries and upholstery are all done on 60 count silk in over
120 colors!

Oooooooooh, Helen, I'm coming with!

--
Finished 9/24/04 - Quilt Show
WIP: Fireman's Prayer (#2), Amid Amish Life, Angel of Autumn, Calif Sampler,

Paralegal - Writer - Editor - Researcher
http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html