OT.May I be happy???

Old December 31st 03, 02:16 AM
Gillian Murray

Default OT.May I be happy???

This has nothing to do with anything, but I am so happy!! My stepson was
married in 1991 to a young lady here in Miami , FL. It was a catholic
wedding, and I NEVER EVER felt any sense of fun between them. DH has always
said that Mel ( the bride) said "jump" and Jimmy said " how high?". In fact,
she told me she had planned her wedding since ahe was fifteen. the only
missing factor was the groom!!

They were true to each other, and made many dollars, and had the house to
prove it.

This is old, but Melanie ( the bride) had an affair a couple of years back,
and Jim found out about it.

The divorce has long since been final, but today he visited with the "new"
girlfriend, and she is totaly delightful. Then they broke the news to dad
and me (step-mom) that they were engaged, I am just so happy, because this
lady is the perfect woman for a Murray male. They each have two children,
don't want anymore (yeah!! no more baby samplers), and they are truly happy.
She even does craft stuff, but wants to learn cross-stitch!!!!

It is so good to see happy people. Jim is almost 39, and Rox is 36. Their
"joint" kids are 6,8,7,and 3.!!!

So, add two more grandkids for us!!

Gilllian

Old December 31st 03, 02:39 AM
Gillian Murray

Thanks, Lucille!!
It is nice isn't it, and the "kids" are having so much fun, and LAUGH!!

Gillian
t...

Old December 31st 03, 04:32 AM
Karen C - California

In article t, "Gillian
Murray" writes:

She even does craft stuff, but wants to learn cross-stitch!!!!

Do I hear future MIL cackling at the thought of making another convert?

Congratulations!!!! A DIL whose stash you can raid when you get old and
poverty-stricken!

--
Finished 12/14/03 -- Mermaid (Dimensions)
WIP: Angel of Autumn, Calif Sampler, Holiday Snowglobe, Guide the Hands (2d

Paralegal - Writer - Editor - Researcher
http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html
Old December 31st 03, 05:42 AM
Cheryl Isaak

Hurrah!
Cheryl

On 12/30/03 9:16 PM, in article
, "Gillian Murray"

Old December 31st 03, 06:14 AM
Liz Hampton

This has nothing to do with anything, but I am so happy!! My stepson was
married in 1991 to a young lady here in Miami , FL. It was a catholic
wedding, and I NEVER EVER felt any sense of fun between them.

I'm glad you are happy, and really glad for your stepson that he has found
happiness, but what does having a Catholic wedding have to do with not
having any fun? I'm all for "used husbands" by the way. I'm a wife #3
and will always be grateful to the two women who let him go. :-))))) I
wasn't ready for him yet anyway and I'm sure he is a better man for having
loved and lost and then found love again. The first two lasted for less
than two years each & ours is going on 22 years - Catholic wedding or not -
and we laugh frequently. :-)))
Liz from Humbug

Old December 31st 03, 02:27 PM
Gillian Murray

Liz,
It really wasn't meant in a disparaging sort of way. I was thinking of all
the classes and so forth that they had to attend, which stressed the
permanence and sanctity of marriage. Even with that, it just didn't work,
and the kids never seemed light-hearted; it always seemed that they were
trying too hard to be the perfect spouses. To hear Jimmy let out a big
belly-laugh yesterday was just SO great!!

"Ready-trained" hubbies are great; mine is the second time around; he was
divorced and I was a widow. His ex and I get along just fine, when we meet
at the family events. We have been together for over twenty years, although
only married for 8.

Gillian

Old December 31st 03, 05:56 PM
Ellice

Absolutely you can be happy - should be happy. Someone you love has found
joy in life - good for all of you. I am happy for your entire family, and
great - 2 more grandchildren. Sounds wonderful.

My entire family, seriously, all share one thing in common - wishing that my
DB had either broken his engagement, or gotten un-married long ago. The only
good thing we all see is his 4 children. The SIL is a horror, has always
been a phony who dreamed of nothing but being married and living like a
Barbie Doll or princess, and as the years have gone by - well, her
shallowness, superficiality, and just plain mean have continued to grow, the
veneer of politeness is ever thinner. At least in the last few years my DB
has finally started shutting her demands down, or finding a way around them.
So sad that they continue even after 20 years.

Best to you and yours - what a happy new year start!

Ellice

On 12/30/03 9:16 PM,"Gillian Murray" posted:

This has nothing to do with anything, but I am so happy!! My stepson was
married in 1991 to a young lady here in Miami , FL. It was a catholic
wedding, and I NEVER EVER felt any sense of fun between them. DH has always
said that Mel ( the bride) said "jump" and Jimmy said " how high?". In fact,
she told me she had planned her wedding since ahe was fifteen. the only
missing factor was the groom!!

*snip*