Foredom shaft?

Old September 9th 04, 03:57 PM
John Hofstad-Parkhill

Default Foredom shaft?

Hey everybody. Leaning on collective encyclopedia. I've emailed Foredom, but
they're currently the black hole of information.

I scored Foredom Series 975. The motor plate shows 110v, .8a, 15,000rpm

It's mounted on a base, with a built-in speed control. There is also a
reduction gear on the back end, so this motor can be used on either end,
either through the reduction gear, or from the "standard" end.

The shafts ends are slotted.

I'm trying to find out what shaft would work with this particular model.

It's not listed on their web site. Google is becoming less & less useful to
me.

Thanks,

JHP

Old September 10th 04, 02:52 AM
Abrasha

John Hofstad-Parkhill wrote:

Google is becoming less & less useful to
me.

Hmmm,

You musn't be trying very hard. Using YOUR searchterm "Foredom Series 975", I
found this.

http://tinyurl.com/4mxl5

They even have an 800 phone number, how about that?!? Isn't that handy?

According to Google, the search took .23 seconds. Finding the site took another
minute.

And how about this one? http://arizonagourds.homestead.com/Foredom.html
Or this one, also with 800 number, http://www.newmantools.com/foredom/guide.htm

You should really learn how to use Google, before you pan it. Google rocks!

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com
Old September 10th 04, 08:37 AM
John Hofstad-Parkhill

Abrasha:

Thanks for your feedback. I am still unsuccessful in finding out what I need
to know.

Not one of your supplied links tell me anything about the series "975", the
information on the series S, SB, SM, SR, SRB, SRM, H, HB, HM, AG-1, AG-2,
TX.... etc, are readily available. Nothing I can find out about a "975".

Further, my CC series motor has a completely different shaft attachment than
my "new" motor (the 975). The CC features a solid shaft with a flat, and the
motor connector is LH thread. On the 975, the drive shaft/motor spindle is
hollow with a slot for a keyed shaft and the motor connector is a RH thread.

I use google nearly exclusively for web searches and have for years. More
often the paid advertising entries float to the top, providing me with no
information - but rather sub-search links with empty results. That I don't
find helpful.

I appreciate your help & efforts on my behalf. I know you're quite active on
the net, your rather memorable name comes up frequently. Thanks again.

Old September 14th 04, 02:01 AM
John Hofstad-Parkhill

And the reason I'm so hesitant to pick up a phone? I'll never know and I
can't afford the therepy to solve this and myriad other problems.

I called Blackstone (parent of Foredom) and within minutes have a new shaft
& sheath on order. This is a discontinued model.

sigh