a thought or two on this "stitch-n-bitch" legalities controversy

Old March 10th 06, 02:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default a thought or two on this "stitch-n-bitch" legalities controversy

I was just thinking about this lawsuit, Deb Stoller, and Stitch and
Bitch...

Well... Deb Stoller's got a book out called "Happy Hooker"... if I were
Xaviera Hollander, I'd sue Deb Stoller... after all, Ms. X.H. is the
'original' Happy Hooker, snerk!

LOL,
Noreen

--
change n e t to c o m to email/reply to me.

Old March 10th 06, 02:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 08:25:37 -0600, " YarnWright"
spewed forth :

Well... Deb Stoller's got a book out called "Happy Hooker"... if I were
Xaviera Hollander, I'd sue Deb Stoller... after all, Ms. X.H. is the
'original' Happy Hooker, snerk!

Bahahaha! You come clean this coffee off my monitor right now!

+++++++++++++

Reply to the list as I do not publish an email address to USENET.
This practice has cut my spam by more than 95%.
Of course, I did have to abandon a perfectly good email account...
Old March 10th 06, 02:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"Wooly" wrote in message
On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 08:25:37 -0600, " YarnWright"
spewed forth :

Well... Deb Stoller's got a book out called "Happy Hooker"... if I were
Xaviera Hollander, I'd sue Deb Stoller... after all, Ms. X.H. is the
'original' Happy Hooker, snerk!

Bahahaha! You come clean this coffee off my monitor right now!

okay, on my way... need to find my broom...
N.

Old March 10th 06, 03:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

She would also need to sue all the bait shops around here named "the
Happy Hooker"
LOL
Chris

Old March 10th 06, 03:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

" wrote in message
oups.com...
She would also need to sue all the bait shops around here named "the
Happy Hooker"
LOL
Chris

eggsackterly, Chris!
(like Katherine said, Stitch and Bitch has been around longer than Deb
Stoller... I asked my mom too, she said quilters have also used the
expression since at LEAST the 1940's!)
Hugs,
Noreen

Old March 10th 06, 04:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

" YarnWright" wrote in
:

" wrote in message
oups.com..
.
She would also need to sue all the bait shops around here
named "the Happy Hooker"
LOL
Chris

eggsackterly, Chris!
(like Katherine said, Stitch and Bitch has been around
longer than Deb Stoller... I asked my mom too, she said
quilters have also used the expression since at LEAST the
1940's!)

my grandma says since the late 20s or early 30s... although
they didn't let on to the menfolks that they called it that
lee working on a harebell lace scarf. thank you!
--
war is peace
freedom is slavery
Old March 10th 06, 06:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"Stitch and bitch", or "Stich'n'bich" were common terms used by my
Grandparents in the 1930's as my Grandmother organized church quilting bees
in Missouri and later in Kansas. It was a common term around Pentecostal
church quilting bees.

I never heard the term from my Aunts until I was 21. Then, I was more than
shocked into learn that my Grandmother and Aunts had been using such a
vulgar term as "Bitch." Sure, they had been using the term amongst
themselves, just not within earshot of impressionable children. So as a
child, I knew the term from my Grandfather, I just never dreamed that my
Oh-So-Proper Grandmother and "Maiden Aunt" had ever used the term.

Aaron

"enigma" wrote in message
. ..
" YarnWright" wrote in
:

" wrote in message
oups.com..
.

Old March 10th 06, 09:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

YarnWright wrote:
I was just thinking about this lawsuit, Deb Stoller, and Stitch and
Bitch...

Well... Deb Stoller's got a book out called "Happy Hooker"... if I
were Xaviera Hollander, I'd sue Deb Stoller... after all, Ms. X.H. is
the 'original' Happy Hooker, snerk!

Splutter!

Higs,
Katherine

Old March 10th 06, 10:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"Katherine" wrote in message
YarnWright wrote:
I was just thinking about this lawsuit, Deb Stoller, and Stitch and
Bitch...

Well... Deb Stoller's got a book out called "Happy Hooker"... if I
were Xaviera Hollander, I'd sue Deb Stoller... after all, Ms. X.H. is
the 'original' Happy Hooker, snerk!

Splutter!

Higs,
Katherine

As soon as I get the broom to stop sounding like a John Deere tractor, I'll
fly up and clean off your monitor, TOO, Katherine.
Noreen
wondering if Wooly's still waiting for me or gave up

Old March 11th 06, 03:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

" YarnWright" wrote in message

" wrote in message
oups.com...
She would also need to sue all the bait shops around here named "the
Happy Hooker"
LOL
Chris

eggsackterly, Chris!
(like Katherine said, Stitch and Bitch has been around longer than Deb
Stoller... I asked my mom too, she said quilters have also used the
expression since at LEAST the 1940's!)
Hugs,
Noreen

True, but Stoller is trying to stop the copywright, not get it. SFSE
(jerks) are trying to copywright the term stitch n bitch. Now that most
Yahoo groups have started calling themselves SnB_what ever city they are in,
Sew Fast Sew easy is stating that they have a copywright on the letters SnB,
SNB and snb. jerks.