OTOTOTOT - Folgers Coffee

Old September 24th 05, 04:39 PM
AliceW

That's ok, I don't like Starbuck's coffee or Krispee Kreame donuts! Stone
me now!
--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us/

"Cheryl" wrote in message
: Should I tender my resignation from the group here and now?
:
: I not only don't eat chocolate, I have never drunk a cup of coffee in my
: life! I know this stuff is life blood to some - but I just don't get it.
: You can all divi up my share! LOL
:
: --
:
: Cheryl ^;;^ ^;;^ ^;;^
: 0
: (Enness laid up with torn ligament - not happy!!)
: Enness Boofhead Donut
: http://community.webshots.com/user/witchofthewest
: cawaites@netconnectDOTcomDOTau
: catsatararat@yahooDOTcomDOTau
: (Don't forget to replace the DOTs)
:
:
: "teleflora" wrote in message
: news:_K2Ze.76936$Sj1.73878@okepread04...
:
: "AliceW" wrote in message
: ...
: Oh, is that why? My DH said there were no cans on our local store
shelf
: either. Now I know why. He sets up the pot everynight and gets me my
: first
: cup in the morning (I know, what a guy!) when he goes downstairs to
put
: the
: pups out. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't wake up in the morning
: and
: my daughter finally asked me if I wanted a cup of her coffee. I said
: had
: my own and she said she knew that but didn't think I like decaf.
: DECAF?????
: He had run out of regular coffee and was brewing decaf. No wonder I
had
: a
: roaring headache!
:
: Oh, that's just not right.
:
: Cindy
:
:
:
:

Old September 24th 05, 04:41 PM
frood

Yes, resign and send your stash to me.

--
Wendy
un-STUFF email address to reply

"AliceW" wrote in message
Oh, is that why? My DH said there were no cans on our local store
shelf
either. Now I know why. He sets up the pot everynight and gets me my
first
cup in the morning (I know, what a guy!) when he goes downstairs to put
the
pups out. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't wake up in the morning

and
my daughter finally asked me if I wanted a cup of her coffee. I said I
had
my own and she said she knew that but didn't think I like decaf.
DECAF?????
He had run out of regular coffee and was brewing decaf. No wonder I
had

roaring headache!

Oh, that's just not right.

Cindy

Old September 24th 05, 04:50 PM
Taria

I tend to avoid Starbuck's just out of principal. I can't be forced to
follow the crowd
Since our fat cutting there are no donuts to be had. Truth be told I
bet donuts are one of the worst food you could ever eat. They really
are bad for you.
I still miss them a lot. Yum Yum knows how to make a good donut, imo.
Did I mention I miss donuts......
Taria

Old September 24th 05, 04:57 PM
Cindy Schmidt

OMG - you have got to be kidding me. My 2 downfalls at the moment.

--
Cindy from MO

news

: "teleflora" wrote in message
: news:_K2Ze.76936$Sj1.73878@okepread04...
:
: ...

Old September 24th 05, 05:15 PM
teleflora

"Cheryl" wrote in message
Should I tender my resignation from the group here and now?

I not only don't eat chocolate, I have never drunk a cup of coffee in my
life! I know this stuff is life blood to some - but I just don't get it.
You can all divi up my share! LOL

But, but, Cheryl. How do you know you are awake in the morning?

Cindy

Old September 24th 05, 05:17 PM
teleflora

"Patti S" wrote in message
Hi Cindy
Living in the coffee "mecca" of the U.S., I would be delighted to send
you some coffee if the conditions worsen in your parts.... or even if
they don't! We have many, many kinds of coffee here (besides Starbucks)
and for the most part, they are deeeeelicious! Really gets your motor
runnin' in the mornings. Please don't hesitate to shoot me an email if I
can be of assistance. Always happy to help a fellow coffee
lover.........

Patti in Seattle

thank you, Patti. And I agree, you people really do make a nice cup of
coffee. I wept when I left Seattle after a visit there.

Cindy

Old September 24th 05, 05:19 PM
teleflora

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
nk.net...
Patti, you are very kind to offer but you don't understand the situation
about our coffee. We don't want new, improved, trendy, better, exciting,
or improved . . . none of that. We just must have our dependable
wonderful, something we can count on that won't change, hit of Folger's
coffee. In a little bit, we become reasonable. Polly

Polly is right. While I love a cup of Starbucks, etc once in awhile, I have
to have that familiar Folgers Columbian in the morning. It has been a
lifelong ritual. I have to smell that aroma (along with bacon cooking, this
is guaranteed to get me up)

Cindy

Old September 24th 05, 05:20 PM
DrQuilter

see, to me Folgers is a generic brand.... I am very particular about my
coffee and my beer what is the coffee equivalent of a microbrew missing
question mark guess I am spoiled after living in Rome and Seattle....

teleflora wrote:
DH doesn't know the difference between real coffee and
dishwater. I may load the pot with the generic brand, and then after he
leaves in the morning, I'll make my own pot.

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out for a walk)
Old September 24th 05, 05:23 PM
DrQuilter

my kind of girl.. we also grind, and have 4 different kinds of coffee
pots drip, espresso, a buitoni for stove top and a french press...

Patti S wrote:

Ohhhhh - believe me I understand. I'm one of those that grind my own
beans in the morning and I drink it very, VERY strong. My parents drink
Folgers and when we are all together under one roof, once a year or so,
there is always 2 coffee pots going...... one with "their" coffee, and
one with mine...... lol.

Hugz
Patti in Seattle

Group: rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Old September 24th 05, 05:25 PM
DrQuilter

have you had a krispy cream donut as they come out of the conveyor belt
it is a totally different experience, not at all like getting one out of
the box. at all. I was with you about them until I had a fresh, plain
one. heaven.

AliceW wrote:

That's ok, I don't like Starbuck's coffee or Krispee Kreame donuts! Stone
me now!

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out for a walk)

Fun news-Kona Coffee quilt contest Terbear Quilting 11 August 7th 05 11:59 PM
OT a mayo jar and 2 cups of coffee :) Roberta Quilting 5 June 20th 05 01:47 PM
OT Portable Coffee Maker Carey N. Quilting 9 May 18th 05 02:03 PM
Sunday Coffee Gwendoline Kelly Yarn 42 November 23rd 04 05:18 AM
Sunday Coffee Gwendoline Kelly Yarn 0 November 21st 04 10:26 AM