OTOTOTOT - Folgers Coffee

Old September 24th 05, 05:25 AM
Patti S

Hi Cindy
Living in the coffee "mecca" of the U.S., I would be delighted to send
you some coffee if the conditions worsen in your parts.... or even if
they don't! We have many, many kinds of coffee here (besides Starbucks)
and for the most part, they are deeeeelicious! Really gets your motor
runnin' in the mornings. Please don't hesitate to shoot me an email if I
can be of assistance. Always happy to help a fellow coffee
lover.........

Patti in Seattle

Old September 24th 05, 05:44 AM
Polly Esther

Patti, you are very kind to offer but you don't understand the situation
about our coffee. We don't want new, improved, trendy, better, exciting, or
improved . . . none of that. We just must have our dependable wonderful,
something we can count on that won't change, hit of Folger's coffee. In a
little bit, we become reasonable. Polly

Old September 24th 05, 06:27 AM
Cheryl

Don't worry about them standing up - but I would be concerned if they start
to dissolve!

--

Cheryl ^;;^ ^;;^ ^;;^
0

"AliceW" wrote in message
news
I never did tell him I knew. I just either grabbed a cup from my DD's

pot,
or stopped at the local Wa-Wa for a tall cuppa strong and regular. His
heart was in the right place. BTW, DD makes her own coffee - and it's a

bit
stronger than we're used to - as a matter of fact, we've seen spoons
standing upright in her cup!

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us/

"teleflora" wrote in message
:
: "AliceW" wrote in message
: ...
: Oh, is that why? My DH said there were no cans on our local store

shelf
: either. Now I know why. He sets up the pot everynight and gets me my
: first
: cup in the morning (I know, what a guy!) when he goes downstairs to

put
: the
: pups out. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't wake up in the morning
and
: my daughter finally asked me if I wanted a cup of her coffee. I said

: had
: my own and she said she knew that but didn't think I like decaf.
: DECAF?????
: He had run out of regular coffee and was brewing decaf. No wonder I

had
: roaring headache!
:
: Oh, that's just not right.
:
: Cindy
:
:

Old September 24th 05, 12:34 PM
AliceW

Amen to that!

--

"Cheryl" wrote in message
: Don't worry about them standing up - but I would be concerned if they
start
: to dissolve!
:
: --
:
: http://community.webshots.com/user/witchofthewest
: "teleflora" wrote in message
: news:_K2Ze.76936$Sj1.73878@okepread04...
: :
: : "AliceW" wrote in message
: : ...
[...]
: a
: : roaring headache!
: :
: : Oh, that's just not right.
: :
: : Cindy
: :
: :
:
:
:
:

Old September 24th 05, 01:36 PM
Bonnie NJ

After the Katrina, it was reported that coffee may be scarce and prices may
rise because of the storm. I stockpiled a supply. We can't do without our
Folgers in the morning. We really love the French roast!

--
Bonnie
NJ
"teleflora" wrote in message
Arghhhhhhh. I just got back from my local grocers and there was not a
"can" of Folger's Coffee on the shelves. Only Maxwell House.

I found a store guy and he said the Folgers coffee plant is down south,
Mississippi or La, he wasn't clear. But he said it would probably be a
month before they were up and running again.

This is not going to be pretty.

Cindy

Old September 24th 05, 02:23 PM
Sherry Starr

We drink the Gourmet Supreme Dark Roast. DH is one that can drink it so
strong the spoon stands up. He loved the coffee in Italy - that stuff
walked to the demi-tasse (sp?) cup and jumped in the cup. That is too
strong for me. We prefer Folger's, but we just buy Maxwell House dark roast
if we can't find Folgers. We bought 2 cans of Folgers this week at Tom
Thumb (owned by Safeway).

Sherry Starr

Old September 24th 05, 03:08 PM
Patti S

Ohhhhh - believe me I understand. I'm one of those that grind my own
beans in the morning and I drink it very, VERY strong. My parents drink
Folgers and when we are all together under one roof, once a year or so,
there is always 2 coffee pots going...... one with "their" coffee, and
one with mine...... lol.

Hugz
Patti in Seattle

Group: rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Old September 24th 05, 03:16 PM
Cheryl

Should I tender my resignation from the group here and now?

I not only don't eat chocolate, I have never drunk a cup of coffee in my
life! I know this stuff is life blood to some - but I just don't get it.
You can all divi up my share! LOL

--

"AliceW" wrote in message
Oh, is that why? My DH said there were no cans on our local store shelf
either. Now I know why. He sets up the pot everynight and gets me my
first
cup in the morning (I know, what a guy!) when he goes downstairs to put
the
pups out. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't wake up in the morning

and
my daughter finally asked me if I wanted a cup of her coffee. I said I
had
my own and she said she knew that but didn't think I like decaf.
DECAF?????
He had run out of regular coffee and was brewing decaf. No wonder I had

roaring headache!

Oh, that's just not right.

Cindy

Fun news-Kona Coffee quilt contest Terbear Quilting 11 August 7th 05 11:59 PM
OT a mayo jar and 2 cups of coffee :) Roberta Quilting 5 June 20th 05 01:47 PM
OT Portable Coffee Maker Carey N. Quilting 9 May 18th 05 02:03 PM
Sunday Coffee Gwendoline Kelly Yarn 42 November 23rd 04 04:18 AM
Sunday Coffee Gwendoline Kelly Yarn 0 November 21st 04 09:26 AM